Report: Seahawks owner Allen ends talks with Chancellor

mrt144

Reaction score
Phoenix":1tx71frm said:
I'm sure Paul Allen was NOT pleased with the "petty" remark, or with Kam blabbing about the money differences. How unprofessional of Kam to do that.

Hats off to Allen for stepping in and sending a clear and concise message to Kam.

I'm not trying to be irreverent but I think salary transparency is awesome.

Phoenix

Reaction score
mrt144":2vv6w9k5 said:
Phoenix":2vv6w9k5 said:
I'm sure Paul Allen was NOT pleased with the "petty" remark, or with Kam blabbing about the money differences. How unprofessional of Kam to do that.

Hats off to Allen for stepping in and sending a clear and concise message to Kam.

I'm not trying to be irreverent but I think salary transparency is awesome.

Transparency is all fine and dandy when a contract is signed and done but not during negotiations.
"Here's what I want, and I'm not gonna play until you give it to me"... No!
Good for Allen. I think it was very unprofessional of him (Kam) to do that.
He was trying to make the Seahawks look bad, but in my eyes, he looked bad.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":3jaku5sd said:
PlinytheCenter":3jaku5sd said:
Bigbadhawk":3jaku5sd said:
I have noticed in this thread and some other Kam threads how a number of folks are assuming that Kam is getting bad advice from his agent or others. Where has it been acknowledge in print or audio because i would sure love a link for proof. It is just as easy to assume that this was Kams idea and his pride is what has kept him from backing down.
That is not assumed at all, but certainly could be a contributing factor. It's one or the other; pull your head out Kam or be reluctantly replaced. We all understand it's a business, and for that reason (given his contract relative to other SS in this league), none of this makes any real sense regardless of the source.
You say that isnt assuming but then go one to say its one or the other. Isnt that what assuming is? people are assuming it is kam at fault and others are assuming its his agents fault yet no one knows for a fact. :34853_doh:
Whether the holdout was originally Kam's idea or his agent's idea doesn't matter. It is now Kam's idea to hold out, and he is getting reinforcement for that idea for someone or someones.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Phoenix":1bg01s8z said:

I had the exact same thought and the timing of Paul pulling the plug and doing so publicly tells me we're spot on.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Don't care if he comes back anymore...don't just blame the agent like so many of you are doing. He is making this choice himself and it is a selfish one..He does not want to be a part of this team and its time to move on...have fun sitting on the couch Kam...you are losing big time $ everyday on a career that is not long to begin with...

MrThortan

Reaction score
Good that Paul Allen put an end to this and finalized the Seahawks position. Now it is all on Kam. He didn't win and he took it too far in my opinion. Time to swallow your pride and get back to football. I want Kam to come back, but I hope he doesn't allow this situation to effect his performance. As for this Sunday; next man up! Bring on Dion Bailey! Hope he has an amazing game.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Engaged in brinkmanship with the wrong man! Really dont see how you mend this fence now.

Rocket

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":3atsh4uk said:
I have noticed in this thread and some other Kam threads how a number of folks are assuming that Kam is getting bad advice from his agent or others. Where has it been acknowledge in print or audio because i would sure love a link for proof. It is just as easy to assume that this was Kams idea and his pride is what has kept him from backing down.
I am of that opinion. I have no proof, save for a concept called critical thinking... a concept that is leaving this earth with every new alleged "news" website.

Rocket

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1ng87cif said:
Whether the holdout was originally Kam's idea or his agent's idea doesn't matter. It is now Kam's idea to hold out, and he is getting reinforcement for that idea for someone or someones.

"Reinforcement". Opinion. Critical thinking. Deducing.
BRAVO !!!
( it's a math thing... adding two and two )

Atradees

Reaction score
Lets get our fourth rounder from the browns or jets for him and go find a new cheaper talent. This not the NBA or the MLB where the players are bigger than the sport.

Rocket

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":132e81ia said:
Engaged in brinkmanship with the wrong man! Really dont see how you mend this fence now.
The Man has a contract. The Team, and by logical extension the Owner, have a contract, the same reasonably lucrative but poorly written contract.

The dude FIRES HIS AGENT, shows up at the team HQ, hat in hand, and REPORTS. Kam eats his substantial fines and explains, to Pete, John and especially Mr. Allen, that he was stupid, was given bad advice and that he's here to support the team in any way he can.

That's how you mend a fence... cuz there's a damn contract that both sides need to adhere to.

Rainger

Reaction score
Atradees":oydnzr8q said:
Lets get our fourth rounder from the browns or jets for him and go find a new cheaper talent. This not the NBA or the MLB where the players are bigger than the sport.
If I was PA and he called me "petty" he would never play any where for any one where he could prosper and come out with a new team new money and possibly hurt the Hawks in the future. I would find a way to make him sit and rot until the end of 2017.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
leto69":3mqo6m9g said:
The big man has spoken....http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rep ... spartandhp

Good night Kam, pretty damn selfish. A lesson he will regret as his career progresses.
Wow. When Paul Allen speaks and says its done, jeez Kam, you got The BOOM lowered on YOU man. You had the world in your hands, were the toast of the town. Now your selfishness has made you into Seahawks public enemy #1.

Sealake80

Reaction score
This is such a sad day for Kam, the Seahawks and .net. I'm OK though.

Latest posts