Report: Seahawks owner Allen ends talks with Chancellor

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rocket":225gmlzv said:
Evil_Shenanigans":225gmlzv said:
Engaged in brinkmanship with the wrong man! Really dont see how you mend this fence now.
The Man has a contract. The Team, and by logical extension the Owner, have a contract, the same reasonably lucrative but poorly written contract.

The dude FIRES HIS AGENT, shows up at the team HQ, hat in hand, and REPORTS. Kam eats his substantial fines and explains, to Pete, John and especially Mr. Allen, that he was stupid, was given bad advice and that he's here to support the team in any way he can.

That's how you mend a fence... cuz there's a damn contract that both sides need to adhere to.
This guy gets it! ^^^

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Atradees":1iia4gzj said:
Lets get our fourth rounder from the browns or jets for him and go find a new cheaper talent. This not the NBA or the MLB where the players are bigger than the sport.
You do nothing of the sort.

If you really want to punish him you make him play here under this contract.

He made his own bed he must now lie in it.

He's burned a few bridges...... that's something he has to live with if he ever comes back.

purpleworld

Reaction score
somewhere, in all of this, that old adage, "do not bite the hand that feeds you" comes into play....

Marlin Man

Reaction score
THE MAN has spoken Kam, do you get the picture YET? It means show up for work Monday and
Ice your wounds, and get on with fulfilling the contract you signed and should feel happy you even have that

Allan didn't say as much, but I"ll bet you he not only said to STOP ALL NEGOTIATIONS, but would like to say U don't like it Kam, cause that is ALL YOU ARE GETTING

I THINK YOU ARE LUCKY to have a job

Stupid is as stupid does, as Momma always said

And you ain't just stupid, you are flat out dumb

You disgust me for we hang on a contract and even more importantly u have let down the LOB for self centered reasons

Go to work clown, and while the shit off your face as u keep counting your millions

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rainger":2pmbdufp said:
Atradees":2pmbdufp said:
Lets get our fourth rounder from the browns or jets for him and go find a new cheaper talent. This not the NBA or the MLB where the players are bigger than the sport.
If I was PA and he called me "petty" he would never play any where for any one where he could prosper and come out with a new team new money and possibly hurt the Hawks in the future. I would find a way to make him sit and rot until the end of 2017.
So you'd go the Al Davis route with Marcus Allen. Personally I think Rocket has the right idea. But lets just hate Kam right?

I don't blame you given it's the easy way. I figure this isn't Jerry Maguire and more is happening behind closed doors then we'll ever know.

two dog

Reaction score
I have never heard of a single instance where Paul Allen has imposed himself
or interceded in any way with his football brain trust. This changes the impasse
in a substantial way. It's now up to Kam to make the peace if it's to be made.

When negotiating, an almost sure way to NOT get what you want is to resort
to name calling. Calling your adversary "petty" is a real good way to kill talks.

Kam is a superior athlete and I think we all want him back badly. Please put the
pitchforks and torches away because if a way is found out of this morass,
we will welcome him back happily.

Crizilla

Reaction score
if you would have told me when the seahawks got to the 1 yard line that they wouldn't score and kam wouldn't play the following season I wouldn't have believed you

the feels

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Crizilla":3nuocw7o said:
if you would have told me when the seahawks got to the 1 yard line that they wouldn't score and kam wouldn't play the following season I wouldn't have believed you

the feels
The first is history and done but the second isn't even though I believe he is just dumb enough to hold out until game ten and seal his fate by being traded to Cleveland in offseason.

Dion Bailey is next man up. We'll do fine.

Atradees

Reaction score
47degreesn":1ljopt2f said:
Send his ass to Cleveland or DC and show him how good he had it here.

They have a team in DC? (hahah) Yes he would just run around in space with no support or coaching.

Rocket

Reaction score
The Coach and GM don't panic.
Allen sure doesn't panic.
Who's left in authority to panic?

Kam my brother... ya effed up, you trusted your agents advice... just like Bluto said. Drink heavily during tomorrows game, slap your agent silly and fire him and get yo a$$ to work.

Hqdefault

Come in the DeathMobile, it'd be apropo.

Fa5a3cc274dd07f614b0968a434cfb03

Apologies for those too young to remember the "trusted us" line. It's inappropriate for here, language-wise.

Rocket

Reaction score
I fear the appetite required to eat this helping of humble pie will take a week or two to develop.
He'll be back, tho, there's absolutely no point in holding out if the Allen quote is legit.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I would tell Kam now that the only offer now of getting any money in 2016 as well as waiving the fine money ($1.75), is to give back the rest of his future signing bonus ($2m) and the Seahawks will make him a free agent in 2016.

To make it fair and to show no hard feelings, I would give Chancellor a chance to make $1m back through performance incentives.

This will be the best way to insure Kam wont be a bad apple and wing it in 2015. Playing for a new contract.

Then I would give the other $1m to Michael Bennett as a signing bonus across 3 yrs as a symbol of being there for the team and doing all the right things when it mattered and helping mentor Clark. Its not much but it would be something.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3coy9yo8 said:
I would tell Kam now that the only offer now of getting any money in 2016 as well as waiving the fine money ($1.75), is to give back the rest of his future signing bonus ($2m) and the Seahawks will make him a free agent in 2016.

To make it fair and to show no hard feelings, I would give Chancellor a chance to make $1m back through performance incentives.

This will be the best way to insure Kam wont be a bad apple and wing it in 2015. Playing for a new contract.

Then I would give the other $1m to Michael Bennett as a signing bonus across 3 yrs as a symbol of being there for the team and doing all the right things when it mattered and helping mentor Clark. Its not much but it would be something.

Sounds like a great plan

I have been VERY optimistic through all of this. I was SURE that his holdout would end prior to the first game. Why in the world would he forfeit game checks just to get some money moved around? The fact that he is willing to forgo paychecks, has escalated this situation to beyond foolish.

Things may be beyond repair at this point. I hope not. But Kam may have pissed off one of the richest, and most generous men on the planet. The fact that Seattle has offered him ANY changes in his contract is beyond gracious. If we (the fan base) are feeling disrespected at this point, imagine how Paul Allen and JS feel at this point? (I think PC is too positive of a person to take any of this personal). The only real solution would be Kam humbling himself and admitting he was wrong.

I do not see that happening anytime soon. We may still be talking about this in December unfortunately. This week was VERY critical.

The whole situation defies any logic

Rob12

Reaction score
Good. Kam needs to know he's at his end. Here's to hoping Dion proves that he's the man. Because I would love to see Kam lose a lot of money at this point. I still love him, but a clear message must be sent - this team churns out talent and don't ever think for a damn minute that you're irreplaceable.

Latest posts