REPORT: Seattle has discussed getting Jimmy G

W

Welshers

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Seahawks "have discussed the possibility" of Jimmy Garoppolo playing for them.​

It's being discussed. Jimmy is a NFC championship winning QB who is well liked by players and would instantly make us contenders. My sources within the organization say we are definitely talking it over, and that the Seahawks may make a run at him, but it all depends on price (just like the Baker situation which I predicted perfectly).

Ozzy

Reaction score
But I was told I was crazy if I didn't think Pete was 100% sold on Lock/Geno. Weird that these rumors keep popping up with other QB's.

notyou

Reaction score

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Seahawks "have discussed the possibility" of Jimmy Garoppolo playing for them.​

It's being discussed. Jimmy is a NFC championship winning QB who is well liked by players and would instantly make us contenders. My sources within the organization say we are definitely talking it over, and that the Seahawks may make a run at him, but it all depends on price (just like the Baker situation which I predicted perfectly).

So, absolutely nothing will come of this then.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Why the hell would the 49ers trade him within the division? For that reason I don't think this is ever going to happen.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I don't think this team is a contender with prime-era Johnny Unitas at QB in 2022. I'd strongly advise anyone who thinks we're "just a QB away from contending in 2022" to check their expectations.

2023? Providing the picks on the offensive line and secondary hit? And the pass rush talent in Taylor and Mafe develop?

Okay. That's reasonable.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If it wasn't Watson, it was Mayfield, and if wasn't Mayfield, then it's Darnold, and if not him then Garoppolo, or Mishew or who knows who. All in all, unless the player comes cheap and requires no picks to be traded, the Hawks are just doing their usual due diligence in every case. They admittedly try to be a part of every discussion in an attempt to bolster their roster.

At this point I think we could speculate the team might attempt to trade for any other QB in the league, but frankly that'd be rank speculation in the absence of real news to that effect. One of the three QBs presently on the roster will be starting for the team when the season opens and none of Darnold, Mishew, Garoppolo, Dalton or any other QB not already here will be on the roster by then.

BT has it dead right, it is JS' job to discuss every option. Besides does anyone truly think the 49ers would trade Jimmy G to a divisional rival? If not and he becomes a UFA does anyone think the team would be prepared to pay JGGQ what his market value would be, or just rent him for a season?

The mania about the QB situation and potential replacements for the team is starting to wear a bit thin. Why not Mahommes, Rodgers, or pick a good young QB? The team simply isn't trading away early picks to acquire a QB and is looking to find their guy in he next draft, where they are well situated and have the ammo to find the guy they want to draft.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
After Jimmy G signs with Cleveland, the new Rumor (or return to old rumor) will be "Seahawks interested in Clam Poopin"

Own The West

Reaction score
Welshers, buddy. What's your end game here? There's 32 backup quarterbacks in the league and you're only on your 4th one. There's 15 days left until training camp and you still have 7/8's of the league to go...

sutz

Reaction score
They've probably discussed remodeling the executive rest room, too. :LOL:

OP
OP
W

Welshers

My sources tell me that you never identified the mystery 3rd team bidding in the Baker Sweepstakes.
I never said there was a 3rd team, this is a fallacy that has been spread by my haters on dot Net (probably jealous of my inside information). There were media reports that an undisclosed second team was making offers for Baker. I told everyone that the mystery team was the Panthers. And then sure enough the Panthers ended up with him. Disinformation merchants here then panicked and tried to rewrite history so they could say I didn't predict it.

tabiya

Reaction score
My sources say that something already discussed in the media may or may not happen, but it is being considered and there is an opinion that the money and draft cost are either too high or close to right.

There used to be a rule on this forum about this nonsense. There should be again.

At least I didn't sign up just to johndean only one poster.

Latest posts