REPORT: Seattle has discussed getting Jimmy G

Rainger

Reaction score
What are the Pete Fluffers going to say a few games in with multiple losses and terrible QB play?

1. it was intentional so we can draft higher
2. Pete’s not on the field. Not his fault.
3. Nobody would trade us a decent QB for a pocketful of lint.
4. you fans wanting the team to do well are just entitled bandwaggoners. I can remember the team going 0-46. We are the true fans not you So shut up.
Please go find another team to be a fan of. You obviously dont ❤️ this one.

Throwdown

Reaction score
What are the Pete Fluffers going to say a few games in with multiple losses and terrible QB play?

1. it was intentional so we can draft higher
2. Pete’s not on the field. Not his fault.
3. Nobody would trade us a decent QB for a pocketful of lint.
4. you fans wanting the team to do well are just entitled bandwaggoners. I can remember the team going 0-46. We are the true fans not you So shut up.

Idk we’ve had bad qb play the last season and a half. Maybe more of the same?

toffee

Reaction score
When Jimmy G was healthy during Super Bowl and NFC championship years, that team ranked in passing:

28th pass attempts, 12th in passing yards in 2019.
28th pass attempts, 17th in passing yards in 2021.

that team ranked in rushing:
2nd in rushing attempts, 2nd in rushing yards in 2019.
5th in rushing attempts, 7th in rushing yards in 2021.

and you know Pete preaches running the ball more. Jimmy G is perfect for this offense.
If we could be 2nd or 7th in rushing yards this year, with Geno or Lock at 28th in pass attempts and mid teens in passing yards, Hawks might just do ok.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Since I am around his age I can call him whatever the hell I want. Some previous poster was crying ageism. LOL the effing whiner generation.

Ah, that explains it. I was noticing the significant decline in posting ability here. The argument stands: time to bring in someone new, it seems.

misfit

Reaction score
Idk we’ve had bad qb play the last season and a half. Maybe more of the same?
I think we've been extremely spoiled to call that bad QB play compared what teams like the lions, texans etc have went through the past few years

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The biggest negative for Jimmy G is he's extremely turnover prone. It's one of the biggest reasons why the Seahawks don't make a move for him. He checks the boxes on 3rd down efficiency and ability to move the chains. He also comes from an offense that had a strong run attack. No matter who was back there, SF was successful in running the ball.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Well, I wasn’t one complaining about RW being traded. I’m one to complain that we chose to keep a declining 80 year old head coach over that declining, but still viable, QB.

I‘m also not a Jimmy Garrapolo fan. I think he is an improvement on what we have but that is all. He is not an ultimate solution at the positi on.

My complaint is basically this: we have two mediocre to shitty backup quality QBs and the team has not even tried to better the position - the most important position on thr team. maybe lock surprises us and I eat crow but Geno has zero chance of being a winning QB. I usually default to PC being an arrogant arse that wrongly thinks he can take any mediocre crap player and turn him into a good player. He cant and he won’t.
He's still viable in a very specific offense that he doesn't want to run, and he won't have any value at all in a couple of years. It was time, regardless of the coaching situation. The right move was to dump Russ REGARDLESS of whether they dumped Pete.

Jimmy ain't coming here, and there's no reason to enrich the Niners for a quarterback who is described as a "bitch" and is notable for his face more than his arm.

There's no improvement available that even gets you close to a Super Bowl, and the perceptible improvements all cost assets. Why force it? Why make a poor decision for the outlook of the franchise for the tiniest amount of gratification in a formative season? Any move you make right now almost certainly loses you games in the aggregate. You got a bunch of Drew Locks out there.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
We could get Jimmy Garoppolo and pick up Jimmy Graham as well since he is a free agent now. We could be the Legion of JimmyG's...but we might need to pray to "Jimmy-Geezuz" and I don't want to do that.

No, I have much more trust in Geno and Lock. I am really feeling confident about this season...Pete's idea of an offensive needs a quarterback that can "dish the ball off like a basketball point guard". I really feel like either of our two quarterbacks could have a "rebirth of their confidence" and have a great season! Maybe we can even make the playoffs...

Let's see what next season will bring... We have some awesome draft picks that are sitting in the bank!!!

Smellyman

Reaction score
The biggest negative for Jimmy G is he's extremely turnover prone. It's one of the biggest reasons why the Seahawks don't make a move for him. He checks the boxes on 3rd down efficiency and ability to move the chains. He also comes from an offense that had a strong run attack. No matter who was back there, SF was successful in running the ball.
3rd down conversion rate is such a Mike Salk talking point that bugs me so much.

He has Kyle Shanahan, perhaps the best play caller in the league. Probably no QB in the league is in 3rd and short more than Jimmy because of a great running game and Shanahan gves him gimme throws all over the field.

toffee

Reaction score
3rd down conversion rate is such a Mike Salk talking point that bugs me so much.

He has Kyle Shanahan, perhaps the best play caller in the league. Probably no QB in the league is in 3rd and short more than Jimmy because of a great running game and Shanahan gves him gimme throws all over the field.
we have waldeon, a branch but from the same tree :)

Latest posts