REPORT: Seattle has discussed getting Jimmy G

fullquartpress

Reaction score
I guess you missed the time that I tipped everyone off about the Panthers before they traded for Baker.
Everyone 'missed the time that (you) tipped everyone off', because you claimed Baker was landing at Seatac...not in Charlotte...
Also, your friend Balko advised to 'stay tuned' for the identity of the mystery "one armed" 3rd team in the Baker Sweepstakes. The mystery 3rd team was the only thing interesting tweeted by Balko, Could you please ask Balko if we can tune out now?

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Well well well, more national sources saying we're interested. Where there is smoke folks, there is fire

snackdaddy

Reaction score
Jimmy GQ may or may not get the Seahawks to .500. But wouldn't it be better to go with Lock, tank the season and draft a possible franchise quarterback next draft? I've heard that quarterback market is far superior to this year's draft.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Well well well, more national sources saying we're interested. Where there is smoke folks, there is fire

1st or 2nd for an injured backup? This is your go to example of smoke?

Its time to just admit there is no source, take a few weeks off and change handles.

Be honest, if you nailed the next 3 seahawk moves...at this point would any body believe you have an inside sourse? Hard no!

CPHawk

Reaction score
1st or 2nd for an injured backup? This is your go to example of smoke?

Its time to just admit there is no source, take a few weeks off and change handles.

Be honest, if you nailed the next 3 seahawk moves...at this point would any body believe you have an inside sourse? Hard no!
Jimmy G is barely worth a 5th. Anything more than that, and JS should be fired.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Are these sources saying we are interested or is everyone just guessing we must be since pretty much every other team has a #1 guy they are set with so thy are just connecting the dots. Much like the Baker rumours

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

I did laugh often at the 49ers because they had him. Probably will cry if we end up stuck with him instead. My god.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Stinky G can’t really throw great at all though. Our receivers would revolt

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Hawks twitter account tweets out a highlight of Diggs picking off JimmyG last year. is that their subtle way of quashing this story?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I want us to have a better QB than Geno and Lock and Jimmy G is better. Not a fan of his at all but he is better. Getting him would make me about as excited as taking out the trash but anything to help us win.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He absolutely is better than goNO and Lock. And I am NOT saying I want Jimmy G here. But IF he was released and the price was right, he's a better option.
I prefer winning, not tanking for a better draft pick. Loser mentality. No thx.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Stinky G can’t really throw great at all though. Our receivers would revolt
George Kittle didn't have a problem catching passes from him. Neither did Deebo Samuel for that matter. I'd rather not pursue him in a trade but he is proven and an upgrade over the QBs on the roster. currently.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Does anyone really think SF would trade JGQ within the division? Besides he hurt his throwing shoulder last season and still is rehabbing that injury to what effect nobody truly knows.

What would the team trade for him? just can't see that they'd trade much and he'd want to be paid at least at a high mid range and the team hasn't much cap remaining that they'd spend.

I can't see him being traded for by the team and doubt he'd play here unless he was released by SF and was prepared to take a prove it contract.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Def. can't see them trading for him at all. IF he was to get released, and for the right price, might be worth a one year deal.

Own The West

Reaction score
If I was the the 49ers I trade him to Seattle in a heart beat. Take a draft pick and $20M off a division rival for a one-year rental backup QB? All day...

94Smith

Reaction score
I can't see them trading within the division. I do not remember the 49ers ever doing that? I can not see them releasing him out right either. He would be insurance for Trey Lance and the 49ers would get a 3rd round comp pick when he is lost to free agency after the season if I am not mistaken