REPORT: Seattle has discussed getting Jimmy G

BlueTalon

Reaction score
It would be fair to say that Jimmy is proven in comparison to Geno and Lock.
Yes, that's fair. But I'm not entirely sure we've seen the ceiling of either Geno or Lock. Geno has never been in a situation here where he had a legitimate shot at the starting job here. Everything he has ever done as a Seahawk has been in Wilson's shadow. And Lock still has all the attributes PC&JS saw in him coming out of college. He might be considered a bit of a reclamation project at this point, depending on how bad Denver messed him up.

I'm not predicting either one will come out and light the world on fire, but I wouldn't be surprised to be pleasantly surprised.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Once again, if we make the trade, we are instantly favorites to win the NFC. The AFC is tough but this team with Jimmy would be in the SB

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Once again, if we make the trade, we are instantly favorites to win the NFC. The AFC is tough but this team with Jimmy would be in the SB
Favorites? Who would consider us the favorites with Jimmy G at the helm? We still have a pair of rookie tackles and a defense in flux.

Granted, I like our chances (without Jimmy), probably better than most, but "favorites" is a stretch. A looooooooong stretch.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Two things we need to remember, JimmyG led team did go to super bowl once, and NFC championship game twice. He didn't carry his team, his play led to not winning the superbowl.

If our defense is great, he could be adequate. It would be fair to say that Jimmy is proven in comparison to Geno and Lock.
Agreed, SF knows that he's a much better option than either Geno or Drew, therefore, I don't see them opting to just let him go to an NFC Division rival Seahawks.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
Two things we need to remember, JimmyG led team did go to super bowl once, and NFC championship game twice. He didn't carry his team, his play led to not winning the superbowl.

If our defense is great, he could be adequate. It would be fair to say that Jimmy is proven in comparison to Geno and Lock.

Agreed, SF knows that he's a much better option than either Geno or Drew, therefore, I don't see them opting to just let him go to an NFC Division rival Seahawks.
If the 9ers can't affort to keep Jimmy, it could be best/salfer for SF if they try to get him to the AFC.
For selfish entertainment reasons, I'd prefer G on...the Dolphins!
Miami plays in SF on 05 December.

Last edited:

Rainger

Reaction score
This is exactly what you said about Mayfield. If the Hawks weren't a automtic SB team with Wilson then why would they be with Jimmy G?
I think you have secretly come out and stated this a very good team and RW was holding it back!

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Is this sarcasm? Jimmy has the worst arm in the league my dude. You blind?

fullquartpress

Reaction score

if Seahawks get him, at least he’s consistent in throwing it over the middle.
1. JimmyG is scheduled to start throwing sometime in August. He's also had at least one ACL tear
2. can we even afford JimmyG's $ demand?
3. would Lynch/Shanahan want to expose their middle D twice this year, if they agree with your 'over the middle' consistency claim?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Not excited about Jimmy but he’s better than what we have.

Lock could surprise us an I’m withholding an opinion but popular opinion seems to be he is a solid backup to weak starter level QB.

Geno Smith is not the answer in any way shape or form. Any time spent with him as a starter is a complete waste of time that someone else could use getting better. I get that PC is “loyal “ to HIS guys but he has been loyal to some pretty shitty players.

Lastly, it has been pretty stupid not to grab a late round QB every couple years to try to develop. It sure would help if we had that person now.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

It all comes down to if the 49ers are willing to trade him in division. They have given him permission to seek a trade. I dont think it's likely the 49ers would allow it. If they do allow it he will be a Seahawk

toffee

Reaction score
Yes, that's fair. But I'm not entirely sure we've seen the ceiling of either Geno or Lock. Geno has never been in a situation here where he had a legitimate shot at the starting job here. Everything he has ever done as a Seahawk has been in Wilson's shadow. And Lock still has all the attributes PC&JS saw in him coming out of college. He might be considered a bit of a reclamation project at this point, depending on how bad Denver messed him up.

I'm not predicting either one will come out and light the world on fire, but I wouldn't be surprised to be pleasantly surprised.
Our offense this season is full of intrigues:
  1. We have an unproven OC, I meant Russ played RussBall, we had a few looks at Waldron every now and then but I like to see more from his playbook.
  2. We have an unproven OL, heck, we may start 2 rookie tackles, and a new center.
  3. Our TEs could be very good, but neither Fant or Diss are stars.
  4. We have a good, potentially great RB corp., but Penny only had a few successful games.
  5. We have a great WR1 and WR2, but questionable WR3.
Geno will have his work cut out for him, if he could shine, we may be in for a very surprisingly good season.

Rainger

Reaction score
From PFT today

Jim G was given permission to talk trades in March. If the Hawks were interested he would already be here for a 5th.

"Regardless, Schefter did his part. He dusted off some old news in a last-ditch effort to goose a potentially non-existent trade market for Garoppolo. Whenever Garoppolo makes his next move (and/or when Yee or Chow have any news regarding their other clients), you won’t need five guesses as to who will be tweeting it five minutes or so before it’s otherwise announced."

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Browns trying to get a decent fill in QB while Seahawks do jack shit to improve the QB position.

Latest posts