Rumor... Clowney to Seattle

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
sutz":rqko79p9 said:
Seems low, but would love it if true. Maybe 2 yrs, $27 guaranteed with other provisions/escalators.

My thought too. If Clowney accepted a deal with those numbers it would have to include a boatload of easily achieved incentive money, or something along those lines. I don't really care, so long as the 'Clowney to Seattle' part is correct.

sutz

Reaction score
Appyhawk":34lzklf4 said:
sutz":34lzklf4 said:
Seems low, but would love it if true. Maybe 2 yrs, $27 guaranteed with other provisions/escalators.

My thought too. If Clowney accepted a deal with those numbers it would have to include a boatload of easily achieved incentive money, or something along those lines. I don't really care, so long as the 'Clowney to Seattle' part is correct.
A bit of Titans chatter in the NFL forum. :(

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
sutz":mm5mp57i said:
Appyhawk":mm5mp57i said:
sutz":mm5mp57i said:

A bit of Titans chatter in the NFL forum. :(

Posted this on the other Clowney thread:

Seeing a lot of rumblings online that he’s going to the Titans. He’s just started following Titans players, coaches etc on social media. EA sports had also posted a video of him transforming into a Titans uniform from a Hawks one, it included Gurley changing from Rams to Falcons, Slay from Lions to Eagles and Gordon from Chargers to Broncos..that video has since been deleted by them.

Until he signs somewhere there’s always going to be speculation and everyone reading into things. I think we all just want it to be done and dusted either way. Hopefully something will be announced soon.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
If he comes to Seattle he will have to take less. Playing 10-13 games a year making over 20 mil a year is not worth it at all. I think he would become better here. But can’t pay him top dollar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gremlin

Reaction score
According to Bleacher Report, not signed yet. Hawks offered 18.5 million a year. Not sure why he would sign for 13.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":6n6wsfb7 said:
Wenhawk allows unverified rumours. So there is no rules being broken. But as a fan, I do not believe this source. Twitter would have blown up by now. But by all means, believe it yourselves. :34853_tinfoil:

Correct, unverified rumors are acceptable, just expect to hear from the masses when you are wrong.

pehawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":mlepq7dk said:
KitsapGuy":mlepq7dk said:
Wenhawk allows unverified rumours. So there is no rules being broken. But as a fan, I do not believe this source. Twitter would have blown up by now. But by all means, believe it yourselves. :34853_tinfoil:

Correct, unverified rumors are acceptable, just expect to hear from the masses when you are wrong.

That's crazy man!!! Unverified rumors are fun. And fun is the last thing we need or want around here.

OP
OP
Seahawkwalt1967

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
Wenhawk":wajej2cb said:
KitsapGuy":wajej2cb said:

Thats fine... I have a great feeling about this one tho....:)

BubbaGump

Reaction score
If Clowney signs with the Hawks Great! If not, Forget him FOREVER! That’s where I’m at with this.

*edited for profanity in the main forum by Wenhawk

pehawk

Reaction score
BubbaGump":17q5ivdn said:
If Clowney signs with the Hawks Great! If not, forget him FOREVER! That’s where I’m at with this.

Wow.

I forgot what the main forum was like.

*edited the quote

Bobblehead

Reaction score
From CBS..Hawks are hoping for a discount since he likes playing here.. if that's the case, buh bye Felicia. I mean, I just don't think he's going to give a discount.

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
pehawk":15a1nrb7 said:
BubbaGump":15a1nrb7 said:
If Clowney signs with the Hawks Great! If not, forget him FOREVER! That’s where I’m at with this.

Wow.

*edited the quote

Haha yup...it’s crazy people still think players should give discounts these days. Not many old school players left..Brees and Brady being the only ones that have always thought about the team. I’ve seen a lot of interviews with past players that have been asked..should ‘.......’ be taking a team friendly contract or cashing in..all have said, cashing in. They talk about these players potentially getting one big pay day so they take it when given too them. Shouldn’t be a shock to anyone.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
pehawk":2znce0g2 said:
BubbaGump":2znce0g2 said:

Wow.

*edited the quote
This is dragging on! That’s how it’s making me feel. If he signs then great, if not, we’ll I said that already.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
ScottishHawk84":2ycbk789 said:
pehawk":2ycbk789 said:
BubbaGump":2ycbk789 said:

Wow.

*edited the quote

Haha yup...it’s crazy people still think players should give discounts these days. Not many old school players left..Brees and Brady being the only ones that have always thought about the team. I’ve seen a lot of interviews with past players that have been asked..should ‘.......’ be taking a team friendly contract or cashing in..all have said, cashing in. They talk about these players potentially getting one big pay day so they take it when given too them. Shouldn’t be a shock to anyone.
I’m not looking for a a team friendly discount. I’m just ready for this to be over.

chris98251

Reaction score
When was the last time a player gave a discount that was really under market being in a place one year.

Clowney may like it hear, but he also has tasted how fast a career can go south, he is going to take what the market will bare.

He played hurt to try to get us in a Championship, if he would have shut himself down after it was found out he would probably be much more coveted, he is a question mark right now with how unsure people are of his health status and recovery.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1241554030905552896[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/johndavidfraley/status/1241569448835706880[/tweet]

Uncle Si

Reaction score
BubbaGump":qdt6e783 said:
ScottishHawk84":qdt6e783 said:
pehawk":qdt6e783 said:
BubbaGump":qdt6e783 said:

Wow.

*edited the quote

I’m not looking for a a team friendly discount. I’m just ready for this to be over.

Those 3 days really wearing on you? I get the urgency, but he's probably the biggest free agent out there out side Brady.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
chris98251":2ykp4nrv said:
When was the last time a player gave a discount that was really under market being in a place one year.

Clowney may like it hear, but he also has tasted how fast a career can go south, he is going to take what the market will bare.

He played hurt to try to get us in a Championship, if he would have shut himself down after it was found out he would probably be much more coveted, he is a question mark right now with how unsure people are of his health status and recovery.
I get everything you are saying Chris. This is just dragging along to me. I’m not saying anything for any fan but myself. I don’t know if this is holding up any other signings or not. I’m a fan of Clowney, even if I’m banging the table for a end of this. He laid it all out there last season for the Hawks without much help from the rest of the D line. I just want this to end either way. To me, the uneducated fan, it seems the Hawks are hung up on Clowney. I’m sure the team has multiple plans. I’m ready for this to move on as a fan.

Sorry Wen that you had to edit an earlier post. I thought there was filters for that language. My bad.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
BubbaGump":oc8t3rm0 said:
chris98251":oc8t3rm0 said:

I get everything you are saying Chris. This is just dragging along to me. I’m not saying anything for any fan but myself. I don’t know if this is holding up any other signings or not. I’m a fan of Clowney, even if I’m banging the table for a end of this. He laid it all out there last season for the Hawks without much help from the rest of the D line. I just want this to end either way. To me, the uneducated fan, it seems the Hawks are hung up on Clowney. I’m sure the team has multiple plans. I’m ready for this to move on as a fan.

Sorry Wen that you had to edit an earlier post. I thought there was filters for that language. My bad.

There are filters but they cam be turned off and cursing is not allowed in the main forum.