Rumor... Clowney to Seattle

Osprey

Reaction score
pehawk":1lfg38kk said:
Seahawkwalt1967":1lfg38kk said:
pehawk":1lfg38kk said:
For what it's worth, I've confirmed this with my source too. Seperate from this guy.

Sarcasm or serious?

100% serious. I did get the contract details but was told not to share. It's a great deal for Seattle this year. Leaves lots of room.

I'm pretty confident over it.
Here's hoping Duncan's Dad didn't hijack Pe's account :snack:

pehawk

Reaction score
Osprey":1g0th15n said:
pehawk":1g0th15n said:
Seahawkwalt1967":1g0th15n said:
pehawk":1g0th15n said:
For what it's worth, I've confirmed this with my source too. Seperate from this guy.

Sarcasm or serious?

100% serious. I did get the contract details but was told not to share. It's a great deal for Seattle this year. Leaves lots of room.

Not hijacked. But my first name is Duncan.

This entire thing has gotten weird. I got a text, with contract details, saying they've seen the document. This dude wouldn't lie to me. Not saying the rumor is true just that my source believes he saw evidence.

Then the hamnegger, Hawkblogger crew caught wind and started trashing those saying the rumor is valid. So now it's a 'thing' within the gossipy, catty, feminine world of Seahawks Twitter.

Boycie

Reaction score
pehawk":1nhq899h said:
Osprey":1nhq899h said:
pehawk":1nhq899h said:
Seahawkwalt1967":1nhq899h said:
Sarcasm or serious?

This entire thing has gotten weird. I got a text, with contract details, saying they've seen the document. This dude wouldn't lie to me. Not saying the rumor is true just that my source believes he saw evidence.

Then the hamnegger, Hawkblogger crew caught wind and started trashing those saying the rumor is valid. So now it's a 'thing' within the gossipy, catty, feminine world of Seahawks Twitter.

Source?

pehawk

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1ho50dsz said:
pehawk":1ho50dsz said:
Osprey":1ho50dsz said:
pehawk":1ho50dsz said:

Source?

Attachments

• IMG_20200322_075520.jpg
    IMG_20200322_075520.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 5,588

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1qzel0x6 said:
Seattle has an offer of 18.5 mill on the table. This is not real.

That's according to bleacher report..which is probably less reliable than a poster here with connections to Seahawks media

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3vfp7tgj said:
Northwest Seahawk":3vfp7tgj said:

That's according to bleacher report..which is probably less reliable than a poster here with connections to Seahawks media

Tacoma News Tribune has also reported 18.5

Smellyman

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":syksb7sf said:
pehawk":syksb7sf said:
Osprey":syksb7sf said:
pehawk":syksb7sf said:

Source?

His guy who doesn't lie

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2b5nplhf said:
Uncle Si":2b5nplhf said:
Northwest Seahawk":2b5nplhf said:

Tacoma News Tribune has also reported 18.5

Which they sourced from other media (I think SI picked it up), not Seahawks personnel

Point being.. no way anyone not directly related to the situation would know the figured

pehawk

Reaction score
There's hypotheticals where it's Clowney's team releasing these numbers. In hopes of bidding war going. Its not unreasonable to think that. Our lord and savior Russ used the media the two times his contract was up. It's a common tactic.

Clowney's market is depressed because no one can have their doctors check him out. But if it's known the team who does understand his medicals, is only going $13.5M, maybe another team is willing to gamble at $15M? Maybe that gamble is easier to swallow (insert joke here) than $20M?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
How long is the waiting going to go on? Will it be until all the proven other DEs are off the market? What if Clowney decides to take a short term deal elsewhere instead of here after the waiting and the other guys are gone?

Given the stated off season priority was to fix the pass rush (from Pete) I'm wondering how this is going to be accomplished? If Clowney is gone what then? Will the team overpay for Griffen or have to spend numerous early draft picks to get another similar one year wonder that won't be able to be franchised? Has JS whiffed on this negotiation, or is hesitation with Clowney restricting or even eliminating the team's abilities to sign alternative options? As time goes on I am slowly becoming increasingly concerned that there will a very weak attempt to find the improvement recognized as the principle offseason need, or they will be unable to accomplish the improvement.

So far the league has voted upon what they think of our several UFAs, cricketts, so any comp picks next year's draft appear unlikely. If the team has to trade away early draft picks again or even a future early pick all the crowing about the great deal made for Clowney last offseason will be seen to be hyperbole. What the team ultimately got was unfortunately not much.

Before anyone thinks this is a another whining post I will state again that for the most part I believe the FO has done an admirable job in acquiring talent though some of their recent early picks have underwhelmed. if the principle need was to fix the pass rush what has been done so far? I can't see much of an answer. If it is money that is the problem what is the reason why Dickson and Thompson or even Britt's contracts are still on the books?

I must say I'm a bit confused by what isn't happening.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I had understood the Wright's bonus is due today and the actions around that will say alot.

pehawk

Reaction score
No one should be surprised or frustrated this is taking time. We're in the middle of a global pandemic so FA's cant travel.

toffee

Reaction score
I am ok with three amigos of Irvin, Griffen, and Mathews (or another DE). Three for the price of one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I've heard it referenced a couple times that players like Clowney are being offered less than they would in a "normal" year and the market is depressed because no physicals are given and a couple of logical questions comes to mind:

1) If this is really the case that players like Clowney's markets are reduced to such an extent that he is potentially offered 5 mill less per year than most people thing his market is, how have we not heard players spoke out against this by now? How have the union not spoken out against this/stopped this? And why hasn't the NFL postponed free agency/done something about this?

2) I thought all these deals were contingent on physicals being given once they can.. so wouldn't the risk kind of be taken out of this? So not sure why teams wouldn't take more risks on players like Clowney since it's essentially a win/win considering if you don't see something you like in the physical you can go back on it. Unless they might be afraid of the backlash in going back on a deal and pissing the player and the league off?

TreeRon

Reaction score
toffee":12lf75je said:
I am ok with three amigos of Irvin, Griffen, and Mathews (or another DE). Three for the price of one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be great if we were allowed to have all three on the field at the same time (13 players) but each ancient one is not even close to a Clowney.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
jammerhawk":35c34t94 said:
How long is the waiting going to go on? Will it be until all the proven other DEs are off the market? What if Clowney decides to take a short term deal elsewhere instead of here after the waiting and the other guys are gone?

Given the stated off season priority was to fix the pass rush (from Pete) I'm wondering how this is going to be accomplished? If Clowney is gone what then? Will the team overpay for Griffen or have to spend numerous early draft picks to get another similar one year wonder that won't be able to be franchised? Has JS whiffed on this negotiation, or is hesitation with Clowney restricting or even eliminating the team's abilities to sign alternative options? As time goes on I am slowly becoming increasingly concerned that there will a very weak attempt to find the improvement recognized as the principle offseason need, or they will be unable to accomplish the improvement.

So far the league has voted upon what they think of our several UFAs, cricketts, so any comp picks next year's draft appear unlikely. If the team has to trade away early draft picks again or even a future early pick all the crowing about the great deal made for Clowney last offseason will be seen to be hyperbole. What the team ultimately got was unfortunately not much.

Before anyone thinks this is a another whining post I will state again that for the most part I believe the FO has done an admirable job in acquiring talent though some of their recent early picks have underwhelmed. if the principle need was to fix the pass rush what has been done so far? I can't see much of an answer. If it is money that is the problem what is the reason why Dickson and Thompson or even Britt's contracts are still on the books?

I must say I'm a bit confused by what isn't happening.
Well said. Agree 100% with everything you said. It doesn't seem like there's much logic in what's (not) happened thus far.

HawkGA

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":7j8pznff said:
I've heard it referenced a couple times that players like Clowney are being offered less than they would in a "normal" year and the market is depressed because no physicals are given and a couple of logical questions comes to mind:

1) If this is really the case that players like Clowney's markets are reduced to such an extent that he is potentially offered 5 mill less per year than most people thing his market is, how have we not heard players spoke out against this by now? How have the union not spoken out against this/stopped this? And why hasn't the NFL postponed free agency/done something about this?

2) I thought all these deals were contingent on physicals being given once they can.. so wouldn't the risk kind of be taken out of this? So not sure why teams wouldn't take more risks on players like Clowney since it's essentially a win/win considering if you don't see something you like in the physical you can go back on it. Unless they might be afraid of the backlash in going back on a deal and pissing the player and the league off?

I read somewhere that the new CBA took a bite out of everybody's cap space because minimum contracts are now higher. My guess is that Clowney hit free agency at the wrong time. Maybe the injury plays a role, but combine that with less cheddar to go around, no big sack numbers, and the demand just fell out for him.

Latest posts