Russ gets his new deal in Denver

ivotuk

Reaction score
Last edited:

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's worth noting that this contract is possible because Seattle was charged with the bonus portion of Russ's existing contract when we traded him. As a result, the Broncos can take on large new bonuses spread across the next few years without Russ's cap being unreasonable. By the time they are really paying him top dollars in 2027 and later they are betting the salary cap will have risen significantly.

This isn't a deal that would have made sense as an extension of his current deal here in Seattle. It would have been extremely expensive immediately.

toffee

Reaction score
If Broncos win 2 Superbowls in the next 7 years, Pete and John will look like idiots and pundits on .net like sour grapes.

If Broncos don't go deep into the playoff, Pete John and .net experts will look like prophets.

W

Welshers

I'ms starting to think you're someone else and this is a troll account. It's entertaining though and better than your other account.
Come on! People keep saying this but mods checked my IP and I was cleared and aquitted of all charges. So many have recognized me as one of the greatest posters in the history of this forum! (Many such cases)! But im a very humble man and say that title should clearly go to Aros and SH!

But posted really that unreasonable? I believe Wilson is overrated! You can argue all these qbs are better! You will see this season when he flops!

Ozzy

Reaction score
Because of that Super Bowl Wilson has on his resume, by default, he was bumped all the way up to top tier pay.

Should he be paid all that for how good he is, that’s debatable. And many here will say, “Absolutely not.”

For QBs, you don’t really get paid by how good you really are, you get paid based on just cause you are a QB and if you have other accolades you may get paid more.

I’m just glad Seattle wised up and decided Wilson can handcuff another team and be a diva somewhere else. Why pay a guy that doesn’t really have the support of his teammates and isn’t very well liked, and, simultaneously, bad mouths your team after he is paid because he also wants to have pro bowl and all pro offensive lineman protecting him?

You can’t have your cake and eat it too!

If Denver wins a Super Bowl with Wilson, it’ll work out for them, but, if they do not, Wilson may act the same way he did with Seattle to Denver

Come on! People keep saying this but mods checked my IP and I was cleared and aquitted of all charges. So many have recognized me as one of the greatest posters in the history of this forum! (Many such cases)! But im a very humble man and say that title should clearly go to Aros and SH!

But posted really that unreasonable? I believe Wilson is overrated! You can argue all these qbs are better! You will see this season when he flops!
Putting guys like Carr, Jacson, Watson with his recent issues ahead of him and I would argue many others on the list when by every metric imaginable he's been top 3 or so over the past decade during a period of QB brilliance is a bit odd. Id entertain an argument that says he is on the downward slope and will drop fast like Mcnabb and a couple others did as reasonable even if I disagree but yeah many on that list I would argue is a bit over the top.

I think it could be decades before Seattle sees that kind of QB play again but I hope I'm wrong.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Now it’s their turn to be cash strapped with one player and no money for free agent signings lmao 🤣

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Putting guys like Carr, Jacson, Watson with his recent issues ahead of him and I would argue many others on the list when by every metric imaginable he's been top 3 or so over the past decade during a period of QB brilliance is a bit odd. Id entertain an argument that says he is on the downward slope and will drop fast like Mcnabb and a couple others did as reasonable even if I disagree but yeah many on that list I would argue is a bit over the top.

I think it could be decades before Seattle sees that kind of QB play again but I hope I'm wrong.
Part of that QB play being good is teams really try to “protect” QBs from having to do it all themselves, and that’s what Carroll’s system does. Run the ball effectively, and play great defense. So the QB does not have to be lights out all the time.

Should Seattle get a high draft pick and if the QB is “effective enough” if Seattle has secured the run game and it’s defense is good again, Seattle, can theoretically win a lot again.

This is what Carroll is aiming for.

Wilson was going to leave no matter what.

Not much you can do when the QB expresses he will not resign so you may as well get the most from him.

W

Welshers

Stafford? Who's your source? Tate?
Matt Stafford dominated last year and won the Super Bowl! He's clearly a step ahead!

What about 3 and outs? Who's leading that category! Russ has dropped off a cliff since the second half of the 2020 season. Prior to that he was top 3, yes. But as of now he's inferior to those guys! All will be revealed when he disappoints this year! Good thing denver paid him huge because now they will suck with no cap!

W

Welshers

I am not a huge fan of Wilson at this point. I also don't think that he is worth $50 million a year and am glad it is somebody else paying it. That being said, your list is bad.
He hasn't been a winning quarter back for one and a half years. Those guys all win. All of them.

There's a reason Russell has a total of 0 career mvp votes! If only there was an award for Most Selfish Player!

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Literally won more games than ANY QB in the first 10 seasons. 8 playoffs in 10 seasons, and 2 Super Bowls.
But yeah, he sucks.
Thank you for the laughs today. You're not supposed to drink the bong water.
I'm glad they moved on, but you just continue to make stuff up. And it's so entertaining.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I think Denver finishes last in the AFC West. I also believe that Russ' best days are behind him and that his style of play contributes to that. This is not Tom Brady. Russ is not a pocket QB. The legs are the first things that go. Look how quick Cam Newton went to shit.