Russ highly visible during the Superbowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Have to say i was pleased to see Russ being on tv multiple times during the bowl yesterday. Always good to have the Hawks in the soptlight. Only thing i wished was when he was announcing at the beginning of the game the Man of the Year that he would have ended it with a "Go Hawks".

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
We figured he was in the box with Godell because this year's Man of the Year was on the field playing

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hopefully he convinced Roger to steer the Seahawks to a super bowl victory like the did the Rams.

Tokadub

Reaction score
That was the 2nd Super Bowl with a shot with Wilson sitting next to Roger Goodell.

I wouldn't characterize this interaction as a positive thing for the Seahawks organization.

It seems to me that Wilson wants to have some kind of executive position in the NFL like #2 behind Goodell in their hierarchy.

I mean maybe Wilson just wants to talk to Goodell because he is genuinely interested in the future of the NFL?

But I donno... it seems more likely Wilson is talking to Goodell to try to secure some kind of future arrangement...

That would explain why Goodell never even makes eye contact and his body language would illustrate he wants Wilson to back off.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You need to find a new hobby. Dear God, this obsession is getting creepy.
He's a different cat, big deal. Just win games, that's what matters. All his personal life crap has nothing to do with how he plays on the field. Meh
The ONLY good thing if he does get traded: I can stop hearing so many people whine and moan about the guy 24/7.
So there is that........

Rat

Reaction score
He sure likes to be in front of the camera, and to be seen. Good for him for soaking up his celebrity status. Definitely a socialite.

Rat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":70yvaqw1 said:
The ONLY good thing if he does get traded: I can stop hearing so many people whine and moan about the guy 24/7.

Poor, naive Soulfish. Russ being on another team wouldn't put anything resembling a stop to that. Particularly, any time his successor has a less-than-exemplary outing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not my point, but ok. I guess it's more the 10 years of hearing people bitch and moan, and hoping that it would run it's course. Clearly is has just become a lot worse.
I just wonder what the excuses will be when the team is 5-12 w/out him, if that.
Try living in the Seattle area, you have NO idea how bad it is out here. There is a MASSIVE Russ sucks/trade Russ crew out here. I just want the guy to win games and get back to how he is capable of playing.
He can play a hell of a lot better overall than we have seen at times the last couple years. And to be honest, I'm almost to point where I just don't care what happens. Just sick of hearing about it, 24/7 on the radio, on tv, on here etc.
This team is not going to improve when he is gone, even if some actually believe they will be just fine. No, they won't at all. Keep him and win, or trade him for a Haul and rebuild the whole damn thing.

Rat

Reaction score
I wasn't ripping on you, that was just a tongue-in-cheek comment. In my experience, very few things put an end to public whining. Him moving on would change little with that IMO.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hear ya, and you're right, it won't stop :mrgreen:
I want him to stay, he makes the team a lot better and always has. But I'd be lying if I wasn't at least a little intrigued at what they could get for him IF he asked to be traded and/or accepted a trade (by waiving the no trade clause)
But, the issue for me is that Pete and John would pick some dude we've never heard of and/or would pass up on an OBVIOUS very good choice that could help the team immediately.
Not to rag too much on the front office, but I don't trust them one bit in the 1st round. If he trades in to the 2nd or 3rd? He can get some work done.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I think a lot of people forget what their thinking was like when they were in their early to late 20s which is the vast majority of the NFL athletes. Because you know if anyone here played sports (I'm sure plenty did) in HS or college, you certainly felt like your team captain was "one of us" when they spent weekends kissing up to the headmaster or the dean. /s Kudos for RW for wanting to build his empire and take care of his future beyond football, but he's made it apparently obvious that's a major priority in life for him and sadly it may not sit well with a lot of his peers. Even in the corporate world you can be a worker bee or lead and your co-workers will hang out with after work and trust you with office gossip and how they feel about the company and etc. But the second you start hanging out with management and leadership on your free time INVITED OR NOT, you are "one of them", things suddenly start getting a lot less truthful around you about how your peers feel about things, you're not "one of us" anymore. So for people losing their shit about judgements over a public appearance and being invited and people looking too much into things.

Maybe you just haven't lived in this part of the real world. Never been a minority and the culture of young people in the minority and needing to keep it real and not be too white (Yes, I said it, its real). Run your own business? always been "the man" vs a worker bee "us vs them". I had a pretty large demographic of ages and races in my house that all collectively cringed as soon as RW was on screen sitting in a suite with Roger Goddell, invited or not, it's a look. Looks matter regardless of the entire story. I think if anything social media through the pandemic should have taught everyone that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still has nothing to do with how he plays on the field. If it bothers you, so be it.
An absolute waste of time how people get so worked up about every last thing this guy does.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tokadub":1mdgnovx said:
That was the 2nd Super Bowl with a shot with Wilson sitting next to Roger Goodell.

I wouldn't characterize this interaction as a positive thing for the Seahawks organization.

It seems to me that Wilson wants to have some kind of executive position in the NFL like #2 behind Goodell in their hierarchy.

I mean maybe Wilson just wants to talk to Goodell because he is genuinely interested in the future of the NFL?

But I donno... it seems more likely Wilson is talking to Goodell to try to secure some kind of future arrangement...

That would explain why Goodell never even makes eye contact and his body language would illustrate he wants Wilson to back off.

What a weird take.

I remember spending most of my childhood in the 70's and 80's getting all excited just to see ONE Seahawk in the pro bowl or the ONE Mariner they had to put in the All Star game.

Now we have a high profile future HOF QB that's well respected around the league, wins NFL awards and gets to sit with the commissioner, and we're complaining about it.

Btw, coming from the business world and being a parent? This is the kind of stuff I tell my kids and employees...........always surround yourself with smart successful people. That's how you learn about things you're interested in.

My guess is Russell's learned more about the inner workings of the NFL by sitting and talking to Goodell over his career then he could have ever read or learned about on his own.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This is pretty much the only time that I'll consider myself a fan of Russell's offseason corniness.

You will get nowhere in this league if the league does not actively like your organization. Games will get steered away from you.

If we're going to have a star quarterback, I want him to be hella tight with the commish. That's a good development.

toffee

Reaction score
Tokadub":1rjxz0lc said:

Roger was giggling like a little kid, he was so in awe of Mr. and Mrs. Wilson. Russ is a gentleman, otherwise, if he would to shout: roll, Roger might just do that on the floor. As is, Russ is showing the league especially Jody that he wants to own a franchise and Roger will do whatever he could to help.

Chapow

Reaction score
toffee":3l7kinjk said:
Tokadub":3l7kinjk said:

Roger was giggling like a little kid, he was so in awe of Mr. and Mrs. Wilson. Russ is a gentleman, otherwise, if he would to shout: roll, Roger might just do that on the floor. As is, Russ is showing the league especially Jody that he wants to own a franchise and Roger will do whatever he could to help.

He'll never be able to afford to buy an NFL franchise. He would have to be a billionaire. According to Forbes, the least valuable NFL franchise is worth over $2 billion, the most valuable is worth over $5 billion, and the average franchise value in the NFL is over $3 billion.

Most sources estimate Russell Wilsons net worth at about $135 million, and Ciara's at about $20 million. He's done incredibly well for himself, but even so, owning an NFL franchise is far out of reach for Russ.

toffee

Reaction score
Chapow":1brqw54m said:
toffee":1brqw54m said:
Tokadub":1brqw54m said:

He'll never be able to afford to buy an NFL franchise. He would have to be a billionaire. According to Forbes, the least valuable NFL franchise is worth over $2 billion, the most valuable is worth over $5 billion, and the average franchise value in the NFL is over $3 billion.

Most sources estimate Russell Wilsons net worth at about $135 million, and Ciara's at about $20 million. He's done incredibly well for himself, but even so, owning an NFL franchise is far out of reach for Russ.

Unlimited, Mr. Unlimited.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
toffee":3059vzqx said:
Chapow":3059vzqx said:
toffee":3059vzqx said:
Tokadub":3059vzqx said:

Unlimited, Mr. Unlimited.

Right? Love Russ. Wish the band would stay together.

Having said that, Russ is a media whore. And it shows. That's just him keeping it out front and real. It's for him - sadly not for the hawks. He's doing the right stuff for him - and that's all he can really do. Him and the Missus are certainly a 'brand'.

And if I'm Goodell - I'm like back the **** off - let me watch a superbowl for christ sakes!!!!!

Again - I got lost mostly after Mr. Unlimited - but I'm gritting my teeth ;)

I don't hate it. It's just greasy. Teacher's pet for some reason. Wants "something".