Russell Wilson

OP
OP
C

cboom

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":26kqbbmh said:
cboom":26kqbbmh said:
Those of you that been on this board for awhile keep reminding me of what I said when they decided to start Mr. Wilson. And for those of you that were not around or didn't see my comments I took so much crap for...... I basically said he was to short and felt at the time we needed to find a way to draft QB early in the first round and find our future.

I was wrong, and I'm so happy to be wrong.

I didn't know a thing about the man other than he played a good game against Oregon in the Rosebowl. I had no idea that the guy we ended up with at QB before being a Superbowl winning QB was a standup class act person. And then won us a Superbowl! He is the kind of guy everybody want to root for, and the guy you want to represent your team.

You don' t have to, but I ask you to finally cut me a bit of slack of slack for not being a believer on day one. I got 30 years of following this team.... hasn't always been easy!

I'll cut you slack.... a good 1/2 of the guys on .net here were saying similar things as you yet those all got swept under the rug....so why not you? I do remember as I was in the minority camp of "Pro-Wilson". The rest have been forgiven and so should you.

Anyways, its just a forum, I wouldn't let what they think or say get to you.

Regards,
ITS

Thanks man. Most of that other half are gone. I at least came on and said I was wrong, and was happy to be wrong! Russell Wilson is all that is right in football today!

OP
OP
C

cboom

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":304hjkch said:
You can apologize but your judgment will forever be questioned especially in regards to anything RW.
If I were you I'd start get a new username.

And you most likely never put the pads on after junior high. You like the two females that are all over this board don't and never will understand what happens in a real locker room It's hard to speak of the things you don't know of.
f

brimsalabim

Reaction score
look at the bright side.... your famous... er ...infamous... which ever.. The point is people all over the world repeat your quote now. Own it ... heck you should probably trade mark your phrase.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
cboom":3jge2pek said:
Russ Willstrong":3jge2pek said:
You can apologize but your judgment will forever be questioned especially in regards to anything RW.
If I were you I'd start get a new username.

And you most likely never put the pads on after junior high. You like the two females that are all over this board don't and never will understand what happens in a real locker room It's hard to speak of the things you don't know of.
f
What's his background in football have anything to do with his comment about YOUR judgement in assessing QB talent?

Dude, you're strange.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
cboom":1zhvu0sn said:
ImTheScientist":1zhvu0sn said:
cboom":1zhvu0sn said:
Those of you that been on this board for awhile keep reminding me of what I said when they decided to start Mr. Wilson. And for those of you that were not around or didn't see my comments I took so much crap for...... I basically said he was to short and felt at the time we needed to find a way to draft QB early in the first round and find our future.

I was wrong, and I'm so happy to be wrong.

I didn't know a thing about the man other than he played a good game against Oregon in the Rosebowl. I had no idea that the guy we ended up with at QB before being a Superbowl winning QB was a standup class act person. And then won us a Superbowl! He is the kind of guy everybody want to root for, and the guy you want to represent your team.

You don' t have to, but I ask you to finally cut me a bit of slack of slack for not being a believer on day one. I got 30 years of following this team.... hasn't always been easy!

I'll cut you slack.... a good 1/2 of the guys on .net here were saying similar things as you yet those all got swept under the rug....so why not you? I do remember as I was in the minority camp of "Pro-Wilson". The rest have been forgiven and so should you.

Anyways, its just a forum, I wouldn't let what they think or say get to you.

Regards,
ITS

Thanks man. Most of that other half are gone. I at least came on and said I was wrong, and was happy to be wrong! Russell Wilson is all that is right in football today!

No problem. At the end of the day we all love the same team. I don't think it's fair for others to hold onto what you said when half the fan base acted the same way. Everyone is wrong from time to time.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
I also am in favor of cboom having to permanently wear ".Net Butt Fumble". You say that there were "lots" of people saying stuff like that at the time, that is just flat out wrong. Even those who weren't in favor of Russ never used that kind of hyperbole, and your passive aggressive "Oh I played college football so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to football UNLIKE YOU" isn't going to do you any favors.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
thebanjodude":mtjbdehl said:
I also am in favor of cboom having to permanently wear ".Net Butt Fumble". You say that there were "lots" of people saying stuff like that at the time, that is just flat out wrong. Even those who weren't in favor of Russ never used that kind of hyperbole, and your passive aggressive "Oh I played college football so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to football UNLIKE YOU" isn't going to do you any favors.

:thirishdrinkers:

Cartire

Reaction score
I do concur. I think everyone would stop making fun of you and except you again, as long as you has the .net butt fumbler tag.

It's your scarlet letter. Forever be marked.

samwize77

Reaction score
My issue is, at the time, there was NOTHING to indicate that RW was going to be a bad QB. Indeed, all he's ever shown is that he was, is, or could be very special. And that goes all the way back through his collegiate career also.
So at the time, I couldn't figure out how you could come so far out of left field and say such a thing without much evidence, if any, to support such a statement. The only thing that comes to mind now is that you were just a Flynn homer and not looking at what RW was doing.
I'm willing to cut you some lack now, because you're going to be attached to that statement every time you post, and the humiliation that goes along with it is punishment enough :) As the poster above said, you'd be better off getting a new screen name.

Alexander

Reaction score
Didn't this guy come around here near the beginning of the season to crap on Wilson again? I get that people sometimes make premature (and in cboom's case, incredibly hyperbolic) judgements about players they haven't seen play much. That's pretty much normal for fans on an Internet forum. But I'm pretty sure this guy came back to defend his stupid comment even after witnessing Wilson's rookie season.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
That whole summer was strange, with the 3 way QB competition. It took some of us longer than others to get on board. When RW won the game vs. New England, I felt kind of stupid for ever doubting him.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Ah, yes, the .net butt fumbler would be a great tag.

I am impressed, though, that you've come to take your lumps. Honestly, 99% of us would have created a new user name and let that one die a fiery death.

As a ton of folks have said, you judged the man after 1 game. I think tagging him not just to fail, but as the worst QB in Seahawks history, is where the angst is coming from. We've just had a ton of terrible QB's, and while many may have thought that Russell Wilson would fail, not that many would have said he was the worst in Seahawks history.

As far as I'm concerned, thanks for starting this thread. It's a slow off-season and this will be fun and entertaining. I respect what you are doing.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Cboom, I think you may have missed the bus... by like 2 years.; )

You probably should ask for a screenname change.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
cboom":1hoatauj said:
-The Glove-":1hoatauj said:
So you knew nothing of the guy, yet you proceeded to rip him and call him the worst QB the Seahawks have had...because you've seen them all, as you say. Don't spout nonsense and display your ignorance if you haven't done your HW.

You know what..... I started this thread as my eating crow thread. You are dead on. I ripped the kid when I didn't know a thing about him. I really didn't mean to and actually never ripped on him personally. I'm trying to be friendly here. Almost 99.9% of the time the numbers win out........ A 5'10" QB has almost no chance in the league. Russell made it, I don't know you can really call me ignorant for that? I'm betting my football experience might have gone a bit past yours? You may have played in HS and I went a level beyond that. One thing we both have in common is neither one of went far enough to get paid for it.....

Why do you keep bringing up your playing experience as if it makes you more equipped to judge a player?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Alexander":v5fvg31v said:
Just in case anyone missed this gem from last summer:

Laugh all you want! lets keep this thread up all season. By the end of the year you will want the same thin I do. A real coach and a real NFL QB.

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=70952&p=1001488#p1001488

Yes, that's AFTER Wilson's rookie season. AFTER the Atlanta game, when he carried the team on his back.

Yeah, I remember cboom coming back after Wilson's rookie year and doubling down on the "Wilson sucks" stance. I like how he doesn't want to mention that.

Still, he came back to eat crow, and that's a lot more than some folks do. It's the first taking-your-lumps step back toward legitimate football conversation (though he stands a damn good chance of derailing it with his "I played football more than you so your opinion means nothing" line he's now trotting out).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Escamillo":2vcqb5ge said:
I'm not too concerned about a poster here admitting to being wrong about RW, I'm much more interested in Hugh Millen finally admitting that HE was wrong. He was positively outraged that Coach Carroll started Wilson over Flynn, and voiced his outrage for weeks and weeks. Then, even as Wilson got better and better in 2012, it was like pulling teeth to get Millen to compliment him, and each time he begrudgingly did so, it was a backhanded compliment, with lots of caveats and qualifications. smh. Millen was so bad, that there were times when on Hardcore Football, they'd be discussing a TD or first down pass or a scramble for a TD or first down, Millen would criticize RW rather than praising him ("sure, the result of the play was good, but RW misread the defense, threw to the 'wrong' receiver, got lucky because the defender overplayed the pass, blah blah blah"). I'm waiting for Millen to eat his own helping of crow.
That's the reason for my avatar. That's A lifeless Millen under Cortez Kennedy when Millen played for the pats. 8)

Latest posts