Russell Wilson

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The issue is not that Cboom wasn't convinced that Wilson would be a good QB, it's how he expressed his opinion on it that made people remember it forever.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
The fact that this dude has been in a locker room, thus giving him more knowledge than everyone else is pretty damn convincing though...

I think home boy is stuck in the 1930s, haha.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
cboom":rvsrl8ox said:
Those of you that been on this board for awhile keep reminding me of what I said when they decided to start Mr. Wilson. And for those of you that were not around or didn't see my comments I took so much crap for...... I basically said he was to short and felt at the time we needed to find a way to draft QB early in the first round and find our future.

I was wrong, and I'm so happy to be wrong.

I didn't know a thing about the man other than he played a good game against Oregon in the Rosebowl. I had no idea that the guy we ended up with at QB before being a Superbowl winning QB was a standup class act person. And then won us a Superbowl! He is the kind of guy everybody want to root for, and the guy you want to represent your team.

You don' t have to, but I ask you to finally cut me a bit of slack of slack for not being a believer on day one. I got 30 years of following this team.... hasn't always been easy!

Good on you for eating crow, something that you didn't need have to do. To all posters out for blood, he just admitted he was wrong...let it go

OkieHawk

Reaction score
falcongoggles":z5z2mkke said:
Good on you for eating crow, something that you didn't need have to do. To all posters out for blood, he just admitted he was wrong...let it go

Oh, wow, you changed my mind on this...not. Re-read all of his posts in this thread and then see if he has really changed his mind or not. Butt Fumble will never live this down.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3jtyer9z said:
The issue is not that Cboom wasn't convinced that Wilson would be a good QB, it's how he expressed his opinion on it that made people remember it forever.

This is precisely the reason for him catching so much flak.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I think its funny that a lot of the people taking shots at Cboom on this thread have also been absolutely heinously wrong about something on this board over the years.

However,Roland's right, it has to do with the delivery, as I was one of the MANY other people on this board who didn't think Wilson should be starting, yet I am not reminded of it constantly.

Cboom, when I first started reading this thread, I wanted to actively defend you and applaud you for admitting how wrong you were. However, you write like an absolute dick. Acting like you can evaluate talent because you've played at a higher level doesn't gain any sympathy for you or give you any credibility. There are ways to communicate without coming across like such a douche.

You know how you gain credibility? Being right. Not beating your chest about the level of football you played at.

Quicksand

Reaction score
thebanjodude":dzxwnejo said:
your passive aggressive "Oh I played college football so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to football UNLIKE YOU" isn't going to do you any favors.

This

Tokadub":dzxwnejo said:
I won't hold it against you personally, but you won't be a credible source of talent evaluation any time soon. It's hard to believe a Seahawks fan could say what you said at the start of our Superbowl season, proceeded by a season where we probably could of won the Superbowl too if it wasn't for a freaky terrible first half against the Falcons.

This too.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1mo8dkqc said:

Reminds me of that line from "Major League":

Jake Taylor: You're a celebrity now, Vaughn.

Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn: I thought you had to do something good to be a celebrity.

Taylor: Not if you do it colorfully.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
seahawk2k":2fwh7s4o said:
I think its funny that a lot of the people taking shots at Cboom on this thread have also been absolutely heinously wrong about something on this board over the years.

However,Roland's right, it has to do with the delivery, as I was one of the MANY other people on this board who didn't think Wilson should be starting, yet I am not reminded of it constantly.

Cboom, when I first started reading this thread, I wanted to actively defend you and applaud you for admitting how wrong you were. However, you write like an absolute dick. Acting like you can evaluate talent because you've played at a higher level doesn't gain any sympathy for you or give you any credibility. There are ways to communicate without coming across like such a douche.

You know how you gain credibility? Being right. Not beating your chest about the level of football you played at.

Wonderful. Now the devils advocates cruise in and get double jointed patting themselves on the back for their 'open-minded' posts. Yes, I'm sure everybody, including me, has been dead wrong about one thing or the other. But here is another key difference besides delivery. The difference is that the rest of us we are willing to step-up and eat crow without whining that forum members are being too hard on them. Just manning-up and eating the crow without qualifying your remarks goes a long way toward closing the chapter.

rigelian

Reaction score
I think you are being too hard of Cboom. I mean just doing a search of all of his posts has provided me great entertainment for the past half hour or so. I'm still chuckling. When tied to his, how can I say this...arrogant, I've played football at a high level so I know what I'm talking about shtick, it's just about perfect.

Cboom is performance art.

The Radish

Reaction score
Several years ago I posted

"IF MATT HASSLEBACK IS THE ANSWER, WHAT THE HELL IS THE QUESTION?"

And didn't get near the flak you people are giving cboom. And that guy went on to be the face of our franchise for almost 10 years. Give it a rest.

I made lots more comments about him for a long time. But in the end I admitted to being dead wrong.

:les:

rigelian

Reaction score
The Radish":1lkztety said:

And didn't get near the flak you people are giving cboom. And that guy went on to be the face of our franchise for almost 10 years. Give it a rest.

I made lots more comments about him for a long time. But in the end I admitted to being dead wrong.

It's a bit different Radish. The styles are a bit different. You almost have to read most of his posts to get the feel of it all. Frankly, I have no problem with someone going out on a limb with an opinion and getting it wrong. However, when someone goes out on a limb and then hammers the point that pretty much everyone who disagrees with him doesn't know what they are talking about---it invites this type of reaction. Even the recognition that he was in error was combined with a backhanded insult to women posters...basically stating that they didn't know what they were talking about because they didn't put on a helmet.

There is a reason why this poster, and not all the other posters who expressed a great deal of skepticism about Russell Wilson is remembered.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Radish, your delivery was funny.

This dude said Russell was worse than Whitehurst, David Greene, Gibran Hamdan, and Dan McGwire

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
cboom":2t68l6ck said:
You don' t have to, but I ask you to finally cut me a bit of slack of slack for not being a believer on day one. I got 30 years of following this team.... hasn't always been easy!

Who exactly hasn't been cutting you some slack over comments you made two years ago that no one remembers but you?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Radish":35frgn6f said:

I would be willing to let it go but his remark about female posters has got me miffed just a little bit.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
The Radish":8i2z3s2g said:

Radish you presented you case in a reasonable manner. You did not embellish on irrelevant past experience and you most certainly did not belittle other fans to make your point. Not even close to being the same. That problem with the I know better than you people is no matter how much they apologize because of the heat they generate they will do it again. They just can't resist trying to make themselves bigger than anyone else in the effort to getting their point across.

You sir do not do that!

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Alexander":1euxsk4d said:
Just in case anyone missed this gem from last summer:

Laugh all you want! lets keep this thread up all season. By the end of the year you will want the same thin I do. A real coach and a real NFL QB.

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=70952&p=1001488#p1001488

Yes, that's AFTER Wilson's rookie season. AFTER the Atlanta game, when he carried the team on his back.

I just read CBOOMs comments on that thread and he keeps going to the "I have spent my life in this game" posts which makes me believe he is full of sheet. When people lie or exaggerate things they tend to keep saying things about that lie to make sure everyone knows. To bad we don't know his full name cause google would tell us the truth about his "playing" days.

Latest posts