Russell Wilson

Veilside

Reaction score
If you really want to own up to your ridiculous comments, I believe a good start would be to accept the ".NET Butt Fumbler" tag. There is no way anyone is going to completely forget it so you may as well just accept it and own it. Only then would people eventually be able to move past it. The more you try and get people to forget, the more they will remember you for it.

Also drop the whole ego thing you have going (who cares if you played in college), it's really keeping you from eating crow properly and that is why many people aren't taking it seriously. Eating crow is not the place to try and make excuses, especially with how absurd your comments were.

That's my advice for you if you don't want to create a new account and start over. However, with your attitude I doubt it would take us long to identify you if you did try and start a new one.

sc85sis

Reaction score
cboom":1aqk6wzz said:
Russ Willstrong":1aqk6wzz said:
You can apologize but your judgment will forever be questioned especially in regards to anything RW.
If I were you I'd start get a new username.

And you most likely never put the pads on after junior high. You like the two females that are all over this board don't and never will understand what happens in a real locker room It's hard to speak of the things you don't know of.
f
I do believe there are more than two of us who post here who happen to be female. While you're technically correct that we do not have firsthand experience in a football locker room, your statement comes across as blatantly sexist.

If I may be so bold, I think the reason you have had issues here is because many of your comments come across as absolutes instead of the opinions they actually are. Your comments on Russell--made after a single game--certainly fall into that category.

razgriz737

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3rz5t5v2 said:
cboom":3rz5t5v2 said:
Those of you that been on this board for awhile keep reminding me of what I said when they decided to start Mr. Wilson. And for those of you that were not around or didn't see my comments I took so much crap for...... I basically said he was to short and felt at the time we needed to find a way to draft QB early in the first round and find our future.

I was wrong, and I'm so happy to be wrong.

I didn't know a thing about the man other than he played a good game against Oregon in the Rosebowl. I had no idea that the guy we ended up with at QB before being a Superbowl winning QB was a standup class act person. And then won us a Superbowl! He is the kind of guy everybody want to root for, and the guy you want to represent your team.

You don' t have to, but I ask you to finally cut me a bit of slack of slack for not being a believer on day one. I got 30 years of following this team.... hasn't always been easy!

I'll cut you slack.... a good 1/2 of the guys on .net here were saying similar things as you yet those all got swept under the rug....so why not you? I do remember as I was in the minority camp of "Pro-Wilson". The rest have been forgiven and so should you.

Anyways, its just a forum, I wouldn't let what they think or say get to you.

Regards,
ITS
I actually somewhat agree. It seems funny to think back on now, but people seem to forget that cboom was far from being the only one who felt that way.

Subzero717

Reaction score
razgriz737":11cmmh72 said:
ImTheScientist":11cmmh72 said:
cboom":11cmmh72 said:
Those of you that been on this board for awhile keep reminding me of what I said when they decided to start Mr. Wilson. And for those of you that were not around or didn't see my comments I took so much crap for...... I basically said he was to short and felt at the time we needed to find a way to draft QB early in the first round and find our future.

I didn't know a thing about the man other than he played a good game against Oregon in the Rosebowl. I had no idea that the guy we ended up with at QB before being a Superbowl winning QB was a standup class act person. And then won us a Superbowl! He is the kind of guy everybody want to root for, and the guy you want to represent your team.

You don' t have to, but I ask you to finally cut me a bit of slack of slack for not being a believer on day one. I got 30 years of following this team.... hasn't always been easy!

I'll cut you slack.... a good 1/2 of the guys on .net here were saying similar things as you yet those all got swept under the rug....so why not you? I do remember as I was in the minority camp of "Pro-Wilson". The rest have been forgiven and so should you.

Regards,
ITS
I actually somewhat agree. It seems funny to think back on now, but people seem to forget that cboom was far from being the only one who felt that way.

How many put such a stupid thing as their sig?

Escamillo

Reaction score
razgriz737":1m6fyss5 said:
ImTheScientist":1m6fyss5 said:
cboom":1m6fyss5 said:

Regards,
ITS

Were 1/2 of the guys on .net still trashing Wilson and Carroll going into the 2013 season, after Wilson had proven himself in 2012?

razgriz737

Reaction score
Escamillo":28pwvbqz said:
razgriz737":28pwvbqz said:
ImTheScientist":28pwvbqz said:
cboom":28pwvbqz said:

Regards,
ITS

Were 1/2 of the guys on .net still trashing Wilson and Carroll going into the 2013 season, after Wilson had proven himself in 2012?
No. I must've missed that. Nevermind, carry on everyone.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Hmm, I too have been known to be pretty critical about the Seahawks at times. Last season it was mainly about Bevell and our predictable play calling. This off season I really threw Bennett under the bus. While I still think Bennett could maybe be a bit over rated, most my criticism revolved around my opinion that we would have been much better off spending that money on Tate if we had too choose between the two. Although I still agree with the points I was trying to make, I tend to greatly exaggerate and make things overly dramatic in my super drunk posts that occasionally occur well after midnight...

I could understand doubting Wilson at the start of 2012 especially since Flynn was supposed to be the next big thing for us. But anyone who researched Wilson would have seen that his college stats were pretty much identical to both Luck, and RGIII. When I looked into their college careers and how good Russel's was I was instantly psyched to see what he could do. Even though we lost game 1 I was a fan and could tell he was a very smart player. After game 2 I was 100% on board that he would be great.

I just saw something special in Russell right from the start, and he has done everything to prove he is the real deal. I continue to be offended when people doubt him, especially those who should really know the Seahawks like John Clayton.

There will always be haters, doubters, clueless people etc. But I'm having a hard time understanding how you could possibly say those things after Wilson's 2012 season. He played VERY well in 2012, really I didn't see that much improvement in 2013. It's not like a TON of improvement could be made realistically since he played at such a high level both seasons, but I think our offensive line last season really limited his progress as he took more sacks than his rookie season.

Wilson seemed to really lose confidence in our pass protection, he many times flinched anticipating the hits when they weren't there. If we can somehow get a solid offensive line next season I think Wilson will have his best season yet and NOBODY could doubt him or rate him as an average quarterback if that happens.

I won't hold it against you personally, but you won't be a credible source of talent evaluation any time soon. It's hard to believe a Seahawks fan could say what you said at the start of our Superbowl season, proceeded by a season where we probably could of won the Superbowl too if it wasn't for a freaky terrible first half against the Falcons.

I would never expect those kinds of criticisms about our extremely talented QB from a Seahawks fan, seems like something only a 49er troll would want to believe...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Yeah, it's been pretty much said already. To sum it up, you declared him a failure and the 'worst' QB in team history after game one, then you ignored everything he's done for the better part of two seasons. It's as if you were just waiting and HOPING for him to fail. Your actions and attitude have earned you all of the crow you can eat and them some. EPECIALLY because you feel everyone is being too hard on you. Man up!

seabowl

Reaction score
I too want everyone to cut me some slack with me ripping the pick of Bruce Irvin. I thought he was way too raw and would never develop into anything worthwhile. Look at what he has done for us. I was was wrong and apologize. Hey wait a second....

Subzero717

Reaction score
seabowl":27itjcsz said:
I too want everyone to cut me some slack with me ripping the pick of Bruce Irvin. I thought he was way too raw and would never develop into anything worthwhile. Look at what he has done for us. I was was wrong and apologize. Hey wait a second....

Hey look at me.

The Radish

Reaction score
Well look at all of you so perfect.

cboom gets props from this poster for admitting on the main forum he was wrong and was glad to be wrong.

What more do you whiners want?

:141847_bnono:

seabowl

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3ltoz5ns said:
seabowl":3ltoz5ns said:

Hey look at me.

I understand your point however I was absolutely ripped by a number of posters for my commentary even though I had watched a lot of tape on him and saw a incredibly raw player that had virtually zero moves outside of a straight on speed rush. My post today was but a mere joke but in hindsight I hope some that ripped me remember how brutal they were during those posts and so far I unfortunately IMO appeared to have been right. I say unfortunately because I really did and still do want him to be a great player.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":2uzmguxo said:

cboom gets props from this poster for admitting on the main forum he was wrong and was glad to be wrong.

Blood. Butt Fumble gets no respect as he's still backhanded in his apologies as well. Evidently you missed the part where he said our female posters don't know what they are taking about simply because they have never been in a locker room. But please, let's be nice to this crazy loon.

Also I would like to say it's good to see you posting more again Less.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
The Radish":33ktef2v said:

There's a freaking ocean between "perfect" and "cboom."

Damn near all of us fit into it.

And that admission is coated in an "if you had played football like me, you'd have had the same opinion" glaze of crap.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The Radish":2qgew11d said:

Oh, I don't really want anything from him, I just think it's great that he's diverting all the attention away from the booger that's hanging off MY nose. :16:

Oh and, Welcome back Mr. Radish :thirishdrinkers:

v1rotv2

Reaction score
The Radish":3r5jmkno said:

If his rants were just about his doubt about RW's capabilities OK no problem. But he did not apologize for calling PC a cheat. And I'm pretty sure that crack about being a Seahawk fan for 30 years kinda sounded as though he thought less of other fans of lesser time. For crying out loud I remember when they were putting the footings for the dome in the ground but I don't use that to talk down to other fans. No apologies for that either. He made it personal.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Cboom = seesurfers

Some levels of stupid just can't be undone... ever.

Sorry brah, but you're branded for life with that dumb shit.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Radish said:

I just want him to have the title he deserves especially since he obviously knows more football then myself or was that locker rooms? It wasn't me that told you all that Wilson was the real deal after the Kansas City game because I'm just a girl an ordinary girl.

Hi Les good to see you posting.:)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Radish said:

I just want to have the title he deserves especially since he obviously knows more football then myself or was that locker rooms? It wasn't me that told you all he was the real deal after the Kansas City game because I'm just a girl an ordinary girl.

Hi Les good to see you posting.:)

Atradees

Reaction score
I thought Flynn would break out. Shows what I know. It defies wisdom to try to win with smaller players in a physical game.

RW has been better than perfect. We are so lucky.

I still think Bruce Irvin was a terrible pick.

Latest posts