SAM BRADFORD DOWN. UPDATE: ACL Torn, out for the season.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3le4kp8h said:
Wilson won the super bowl behind one of the worst offensive lines in the nfl. Not the same.

Remember, the guy spewing that trash is one of Bradford's biggest cheerleaders. I remember when Red Alice chewed him up and spit him out. Fun times. :mrgreen:

kpak76

Reaction score
rideaducati":hgwv99iw said:
Shadowhawk":hgwv99iw said:
They don't have much room left to make a move this year, either:

@corryjoel: The Rams ability to trade for a QB if Sam Bradford is out will be impacted by a lack of cap space (last in the NFL with $1.678M).

More than enough for them to bring in the best backup in the league...Tarvaris Jackson.

Not interested at all in helping out a division rival shore up their QB position by giving them a good QB. Let them trade for Mallet and unknown, and since the Pats are holding him out of the 4th preseason game there is an excellent chance Mallet ends up with the St Louis and will be ready by week 3 or 4.

kpak76

Reaction score
rastahawk":2xmfgwi4 said:
Hmmm I kinda think both T Jack and T Pryor are both better than Shaun Hill. I would be more scared of the Rams with Pryor than Hill. But that's none of my business.

I wouldn't. It would be like facing Kaep but to astound everyone an even worse passer than Kaep. Should chalk up 2 wins from the Rams if they roll with Pryor under center this year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawkzRulez":35m4ne6v said:
There's a lot of silly stuff being said on this thread.

If you were shallow enough to judge Bradford by his stats,
Oh Jesus. You should be banned again for coming back under a different name, RamzFanz.

Stats never tell a whole story, and stats aren't why people think Bradford is MEDIOCRE. It's because he IS mediocre and hasn't shown himself to be capable of anything other than MEDIOCRITY, stats be damned. Stop with this crap. Maybe if you guys suck this year, draft a good QB next spring, then go 11-5 you'll finally wake the hell up to the fact that Bradford has never been good, is not good now, and will never be good at any point in the future.

kpak76

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2yri3rfm said:
HawkzRulez":2yri3rfm said:

If you were shallow enough to judge Bradford by his stats,
Oh Jesus. You should be banned again for coming back under a different name, RamzFanz.

Stats never tell a whole story, and stats aren't why people think Bradford is MEDIOCRE. It's because he IS mediocre and hasn't shown himself to be capable of anything other than MEDIOCRITY, stats be damned. Stop with this crap. Maybe if you guys suck this year, draft a good QB next spring, then go 11-5 you'll finally wake the hell up to the fact that Bradford has never been good, is not good now, and will never be good at any point in the future.

Who cares, if the Lambs are stupid enough to think that Bradford is their franchise let them. It only hurts them.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HawkzRulez":nkm6tqg2 said:

IBlah Blah Blah Rams are awesome and crap like that.

This dude is another one of those trolls that pretend to be Hawk fans.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
The SEA secondary vs Hill... sounds like a favorable match up. Stopping the run is #1.

HansGruber

Reaction score
With Zac Stacy running the ball, it won't be easy. He and Carlos Hyde both are young Beast Modes in the making. NFCW might take a step back this season but this division is being built for the long haul. Old school smashmouth football will rule the day, and all these young RBs will be the backbone - Ellington, Stacy, Hyde and Michael/Turbin. Ain't even fair to the rest of the league. Old school football for sure

CPHawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":3jned1lx said:
With Zac Stacy running the ball, it won't be easy. He and Carlos Hyde both are young Beast Modes in the making. NFCW might take a step back this season but this division is being built for the long haul. Old school smashmouth football will rule the day, and all these young RBs will be the backbone - Ellington, Stacy, Hyde and Michael/Turbin. Ain't even fair to the rest of the league. Old school football for sure
Hyde is not a young Marshawn, he's just like every other osu RB lately, overrated.

kearly

Reaction score
HawkzRulez":2i1casfo said:
HawkzRulez

This is genuinely the best name ever for a Rams fan posing as a Seahawks fan.

Kappy is about to demonstrate my point. The Niners O line is as porous as a screen. Kappy is getting terrorized by pass rushes. The first 9 quarters of the preseason they scored 3 points and none with Kappy. He played a quarter and a half against the Charges and was strip sacked twice and scored a whopping 3 points. This is what happens to good QBs that aren't protected.

For the record, the Rams pass protection ranked 14th last season. The Seahawks ranked 32nd. Seattle won the SB with said protection.

Granted, I do agree that Seattle would be far less effective with Bradford and the Rams would be awesome with Wilson. The problem for Rams fans is that few coaches in NFL history have taken longer to find their first true franchise QB than Fisher has.

This Rams team is far better than last season. They have their running game on track with the bulldozer Robinson making holes. The pass rush is probably second to none. Quick and Britt are playing lights out. Bailey has proven to be an excellent receiver and will be back week 5. KC was a serviceable QB, Hill is far better.

Robinson has actually had a bit of a tough preseason. Quick is one more forgettable season away from bust status, and Britt is, at best, 2010 Mike Williams. Bailey isn't proven at all. If every WR who looked good in college was proven then there would be 150 proven WRs in the NFL.

I don't think the Rams receivers are terrible, but they are far more "pedestrian" than the group Seattle had last year. They can be an effective part of an offense if paired with an elite QB or a brilliant OC.

Shaun Hill had one season where he had extensive playtime and that one season his passer rating was only 3 points higher than what Clemens had last year. I wouldn't say "far" better but he's a good backup, and quite honestly I don't see the Rams record being impacted much from the loss of Bradford. If the Rams were going to be 7-9 with Bradford, they'll be 7-9 with Shaun Hill.

Bradford's done in STL. My guess is he gets cut soon for cap reasons. His future in the NFL is bleak because he won't want a minimum "prove it" contract and no one will pay more with his injury history. He probably won't even be ready to play by the start of next season.

It would take a special kind of arrogance for Snead and Fisher to pay almost $17 million for Bradford next year.

As a Hawks fan that badly wanted Armonty Bryant in the 2013 draft, it sucked watching Bryant deliver the coup de grace to Bradford. Now if the Seahawks had drafted Bryant, not only would they have gotten a steal but Bradford would still be the man in STL.

kearly

Reaction score
HansGruber":2shh4l9x said:

I think the future NFC West RBs are a bit over-rated. A lot of these players are good for where they were drafted, but none of them are elite talents IMO. Having watched Michael quite a bit now, I feel pretty confident in saying that he's less talented than Lynch. Of course, Shaun had less pure talent than Lynch and he was a monster in fantasy football. I could see Michael walking that path, especially if Seattle transitions to a team that puts offense first.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
Is STL no longer a threat? I mean they have some nice peices here and there. Donald looking like he's the player they drafted, Quinn, Long, decent OL, Stacy, Quick/Britt made a play or two..

Is Hill the straw that breaks the camel's back? It's not like the Niners are setting the world on fire. Cards defense isn't the same... IDK

Still a .500 football team. However, I cant say I'm comfortable with Wilson stepping back to pass on any down. Good think is the OL is playing well, but we haven't faced anybody with a pass rush like theirs, not including the Bounty Blitzers schemes.

I'm on the fence, here...

Can they overtake the Niners and Cards without Sam "Always Hurt" Bradford?

HawkzRulez

Reaction score
Yes, I am the evil homer RAMZFANZ, Muahahahahaha. What gave me away?

Just came to chat about the upcoming season.

Quick took time to develop but the addition of Britt, who has a very similar body size and type, mentored him and took him over the top it seems. Quick is using his size to fight for balls and has been lighting it up. Britt has been Mr. Reliable thus far. Austin is Austin, he can explode on any play.

Zac Stacy is the real deal but Cunningham is also just as impressive. With the young Mason and Watts, it's a stable of running backs.

Last season the Rams played the Hawks very close with KC. This season it's a much improved team. That's all I'm saying.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I hope you get banned. Pretending to be a Hawk fan, that is some weak ass shit.

TXHawk

Reaction score
kearly":3p1xgs1h said:
As a Hawks fan that badly wanted Armonty Bryant in the 2013 draft, it sucked watching Bryant deliver the coup de grace to Bradford. Now if the Seahawks had drafted Bryant, not only would they have gotten a steal but Bradford would still be the man in STL.

The "coup de grace" involved bumping into Bradford somewhat awkwardly. Not exactly a bone crushing hit. If Bryant hadn't delivered the coup de grace someone else would have sooner or later because his knee obviously wasn't going to hold up through the season. The Rams have to write off Bradford at this point and move on. If they allow him to continue to be a drag on the salary cap after this they're nuts.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ Never understood the urge to create usernames under false pretenses. Some Hawks fans do it on the Zone too. Seems like it's just a half@ssed way to try to eek out an extra few days of trolling before getting banned.

kearly

Reaction score
TXHawk":304qz9rb said:
kearly":304qz9rb said:

The "coup de grace" involved bumping into Bradford somewhat awkwardly. Not exactly a bone crushing hit. If Bryant hadn't delivered the coup de grace someone else would have sooner or later because his knee obviously wasn't going to hold up through the season. The Rams have to write off Bradford at this point and move on. If they allow him to continue to be a drag on the salary cap after this they're nuts.

Agreed. It was a face-palm worthy injury.

dcbshowstopper

Reaction score
Just imagine how bad it would have looked if the Rams extended Sam prior to the season. Yikes!!!!