Santa Clara 49ers trade 4th round pick for Stevie Johnson

rlkats

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2z9xz4dp said:
WilsonMVP":2z9xz4dp said:
WTF...do the niners have some blackmail on teams when it comes to trading for WRs...

how the hell do they get Johnson for a 4th NEXT year and Boldin for a 6th...are you kidding me? He was a 1000 yard WR from 2010 to 2012 for 3 seasons.

I agree to a point they have hit big but also loss big on some picks. But that's why everybody is human. And it's easy to armchair the GM or coach thing. But all clubs in the NFCW are going to be deadly

In case you don't remember, a year ago people were laughing at the niners for "only" getting Boldin while the Hawks were gonna get 1000 yards and 10 tds from Harvin.

The niners don't have blackmail, they just made smarter trades. The boldin trade and the johnson trade were/are bith better than the Harvin trade.

The hawks went big and got small results, the niners went medium and got huge results.

I'll take Schneider over Baalke but people need to stop underestimating their front office.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
HansGruber":110ud9hd said:
Also, I do find it hilarious how you trolls run and hide after every beatdown. It was so quiet here all summer. Now, you pickup Stevie Johnson and suddenly you're beating your troll chests

Exactly.

5_Old_Rings last posted a week ago and once the trade gets made a post within a couple hours. You hit the nail on the head with that observation.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":31snk1f2 said:
I'm on record in the past as having said Stevie Johnson would be a household WR name if he had a good QB throwing to him. We'll see what he does with Kaepernick.

I guess that means he still won't be a household name...

Marvin49

Reaction score
HansGruber":1g2fruro said:
Marvin49":1g2fruro said:
SupersonicSeahawkz":1g2fruro said:
Remember that teams that pass play right into our hands. When Gore or kap runs that was effective against us. Santa Clara passing more is a good thing Upper Santa Clara U.S.C. are banking on harvin being hurt and bowman coming back by mid season and still be the all pro. It takes a year just to stop babying the knee let alone play without fear of that one buckling again. So let Kap throw. We want them to.

Are you guys under the impression the Santa Clara thing is funny?

Just curious.

It obviously bothers you.

Probably not as much as that Lombardi you guys gifted us last season, but y'all seem pretty butt-hurt nonetheless.

Also, I do find it hilarious how you trolls run and hide after every beatdown. It was so quiet here all summer. Now, you pickup Stevie Johnson and suddenly you're beating your troll chests again.

We are scared, though. Because everyone knows having the best passing game in the history of the NFL is how you beat the Seahawks.

Now, run along little pup. Just don't run over any cyclists or threaten any kids with brass knuckles on your way back to Santa Clara, mkay?

lol.

Doesn't bother me at all. I live in SJ which in Santa Clara County. I actually don't like SF too much. Too many peeps who think they are gods gift because they live in SF.

I've just seen a bunch of peeps use that Santa Clara thing like they use Krapperdick or such nonsense.

Kep calling in Santa Clara all you want. Doesn't bother me. :D

Also...run and hide...WTF are you talking about. I left for a few months last year but I was here on the day of the NFCCG to offer gratz and have been on here regularly since.

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin49":2hq2zsb6 said:
HansGruber":2hq2zsb6 said:
Marvin49":2hq2zsb6 said:
SupersonicSeahawkz":2hq2zsb6 said:
Remember that teams that pass play right into our hands. When Gore or kap runs that was effective against us. Santa Clara passing more is a good thing Upper Santa Clara U.S.C. are banking on harvin being hurt and bowman coming back by mid season and still be the all pro. It takes a year just to stop babying the knee let alone play without fear of that one buckling again. So let Kap throw. We want them to.

Are you guys under the impression the Santa Clara thing is funny?

Just curious.

It obviously bothers you.

Probably not as much as that Lombardi you guys gifted us last season, but y'all seem pretty butt-hurt nonetheless.

Also, I do find it hilarious how you trolls run and hide after every beatdown. It was so quiet here all summer. Now, you pickup Stevie Johnson and suddenly you're beating your troll chests again.

We are scared, though. Because everyone knows having the best passing game in the history of the NFL is how you beat the Seahawks.

Now, run along little pup. Just don't run over any cyclists or threaten any kids with brass knuckles on your way back to Santa Clara, mkay?

lol.

Doesn't bother me at all. I live in SJ which in Santa Clara County. I actually don't like SF too much. Too many peeps who think they are gods gift because they live in SF.

I've just seen a bunch of peeps use that Santa Clara thing like they use Krapperdick or such nonsense.

Also...run and hide...WTF are you talking about. I left for a few months last year but I was here on the day of the NFCCG to offer gratz and have been on here regularly since.

Marvin don't bite the bait dude. They are jigging for a big fish. We all gave congrats. But like on our boards stuff like good game or great pick up falls on deaf ears and always turns into some sort of insult. That's all some people have the intelligence to muster. Also this is their board so don't expect much on a one on one congrats. There are good posters that talk ball then there are the ones that can not do anything but talk crap. Just like the Web zone

Hawks46

Reaction score
Marvin49":2b46nnoh said:
Um. Wow.

Didn't see that coming.

Takes some sting off missing out on Odell Beckham, that's for sure.

On the plus side for Seahawks fans, if you want a WR you are more likely to find one. I though the Niners might try to move up for one here high in the second, but now it might leave a Latimer or Lee for you.

Hell the Niners can always move up in the 2nd snd draft a QB. Whoops, was that out loud ?

Seriously, this is a good move for them, but I don't know HOW good. Kaepernick isn't the kind of QB that utilizes 3 or more very good targets; he zones in on his top 2 guys. Look at the games' Vernon Davis dropped off when Crabtree came back.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Marvin49":1kg0fl41 said:

I saw you here after the Superbowl. You know I'm talking about Niner fans in general. Your entire fanbase is all mouth, and then once they lose the game, they're off hiding again, and bragging about their rings from the 1980's as if anyone other than Niner fans cares about that. It's like bragging about having all the New Kids on the Block albums on cassette.

As to Stevie Johnson... great trade for the 49ers. No doubt about it.

But the games are played during the season. And the 49ers haven't won anything. You all seem to forget who is the Reigning World Champions. Show some respect and save that little boy "yap yap" for the other puppies. This is Big Dog country right here. Y'all are nothin' but pups and you don't scare anyone in Seattle. We've watched the Niners yappin off at the gums for the last 3 years and do NOTHING. Your team isn't even man enough to admit when they get beat down. You haven't earned any respect, and your team is irrelevant to us. We own you. That is fact.

Acquiring a great WR doesn't put you in our league. Winning a championship NOW puts you even with us. Until then, you all keep licking our boots and acting tough. It's good for a laugh.

amill87

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":67ax5vc6 said:
WilsonMVP":67ax5vc6 said:
WTF...do the niners have some blackmail on teams when it comes to trading for WRs...

how the hell do they get Johnson for a 4th NEXT year and Boldin for a 6th...are you kidding me? He was a 1000 yard WR from 2010 to 2012 for 3 seasons.

In case you don't remember, a year ago people were laughing at the niners for "only" getting Boldin while the Hawks were gonna get 1000 yards and 10 tds from Harvin.

The niners don't have blackmail, they just made smarter trades. The boldin trade and the johnson trade were/are bith better than the Harvin trade.

The hawks went big and got small results, the niners went medium and got huge results.

I'll take Schneider over Baalke but people need to stop underestimating their front office.

And how'd winning that trade comparison work out?

Harvin has a ring.

Boldin has one but it ain't from the niners.

Harvin is a much longer term trade than Boldin. And Harvin is capable of doing things Boldin can never even imagine. Johnson is a bigger deal. But even Johnson isn't the same as Harvin. Harvin's potential is worth the cost alone.

Also as others have mentioned, the Niners didn't lose to us because of their receivers. They lost cause their QB had turnovers.

Every year, it's the same thing. Our rivals make a move and everyone goes "No! They got better!". Who cares. We are the champs. The Niners have to catch us now. This arms race is over and we won. All the Niners can do now is hope to match our championship. And then the race starts over.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Hmmm Are the Niners going to sign Kaep or let him walk Marvin?

The Niners got Johnson because of Sherman. Interesting post I thought I would share:
"Let me educate the Buffalo haters and west coast football fans who don’t pay attention to the Bills and make snap judgments. Stevie Johnson only cost a 7th rd pick in 2008. In his years here he produced three 1,000 yd seasons. But…. he was aloof, never took a true leadership role, showed immense immaturity on many occasions (dropping OT TD vs Pittsburgh then blaming God, admitting to Jim Rome that he doesn’t work hard to achieve what he has, pretending to shoot himself in leg for TD celebration and many other penalties for excessive celebration). He never seemed to get it. He struggled with a bad groin for two seasons. His salary will be used to pay Sammy Watkins. The pick pays Buffalo back for one of the picks we gave up to acquire Watkins. And to think that this is an even talent for talent swap is insane. Sammy Watkins is an amazing blue chip prospect, way way better than Johnson and a better head on his shoulders. The Buffalo Bills hit a home run here. Putting Watkins with Robert Woods, Mike Williams and Marquise Goodwin is an awesome WR corps with no room for Stevie Johnson. You have been set straight".

If he wasn't even good enough to stave off his competition, I highly doubt he will dominate the NFC West. The Bills were looking to replace him and shipped him off for a fourth IN NEXT YEARS DRAFT. Not a ringing endorsement. Lynch was seen as a malcontent BUT LYNCH HAD A WORK ETHIC, Johnson not so much. Poor work habits admitted by none other than Stevie himself (transcript provided):
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/2/ ... falo-bills

You can also listen to this tool:
[youtube]WnZsQOHuMuA[/youtube]

Lazy, choker and a prima donna. The kind of guy John Schneider avoids like the Plague.

rlkats

Reaction score
HansGruber":1gqijbsd said:
Marvin49":1gqijbsd said:

I saw you here after the Superbowl. You know I'm talking about Niner fans in general. Your entire fanbase is all mouth, and then once they lose the game, they're off hiding again, and bragging about their rings from the 1980's as if anyone other than Niner fans cares about that. It's like bragging about having all the New Kids on the Block albums on cassette.

But the games are played during the season. And the 49ers haven't won anything. You all seem to forget who is the Reigning World Champions. Show some respect and save that little boy "yap yap" for the other puppies. This is Big Dog country right here. Y'all are nothin' but pups and you don't scare anyone in Seattle. We've watched the Niners yappin off at the gums for the last 3 years and do NOTHING. Your team isn't even man enough to admit when they get beat down. You haven't earned any respect, and your team is irrelevant to us. We own you. That is fact.

Acquiring a great WR doesn't put you in our league. Winning a championship NOW puts you even with us. Until then, you all keep licking our boots and acting tough. It's good for a laugh.

man somebody didn't get a nap today hahaha just screwing with ya

Sherminator

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1iqj9rkg said:
Meh.

They still have good Old One Read throwing the ball.

He can get all the separation he wants, doesn't mean the Spring Breaker is going to see him.

See Vernon Davis

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
That's a great trade for the Niners. Like Johnson a lot and has fantastic hands too.

It looks like Harbafreak is going to turn the Niners into a passing team yet!

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":36g8r4v1 said:
HansGruber":36g8r4v1 said:
Marvin49":36g8r4v1 said:

man somebody didn't get a nap today hahaha just screwing with ya

I dunno who he's even talking too. Lol. I don't see to many Niner fans in here thumping our chests. I think the Niner fan reaction to this trade in this forum is along the lines of "wow, I didn't see that coming". In fact all the peeps who are praising the move here are Seattle fans.

I think he just liked to rage at the world sometimes and just targets whomever is convienient.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sherminator":nnywfj1k said:
SouthSoundHawk":nnywfj1k said:
Meh.

They still have good Old One Read throwing the ball.

He can get all the separation he wants, doesn't mean the Spring Breaker is going to see him.

See Vernon Davis
Vernon Davis see Kamtrak! 8) Headache to soon follow.

rideaducati

Reaction score
If he isn't the first read for Kaep, this trade will be worthless to the niners. They should have used at least one of their picks on a QB.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
bigtrain21":15hx30ay said:
HansGruber":15hx30ay said:
Also, I do find it hilarious how you trolls run and hide after every beatdown. It was so quiet here all summer. Now, you pickup Stevie Johnson and suddenly you're beating your troll chests

Exactly.

5_Old_Rings last posted a week ago and once the trade gets made a post within a couple hours. You hit the nail on the head with that observation.

B.S. until the draft the conversations around here have just been boring, get over yourselves. No one is hiding.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rideaducati":1wbzhow2 said:
If he isn't the first read for Kaep, this trade will be worthless to the niners. They should have used at least one of their picks on a QB.
Was going to say this..... But it looks like they are willing to let the whiner ship sink with captain one read (see latest quarter of play, fumble, pick, pick for example) which is fine with me. Contain him so he can't run, take away his first read, and he turns into the human turnover machine. :lol:

Boy, the whiners are going to love Stevie's work ethic, :sarcasm_off: and I bet Stevie will suffer from a long term case of alligator arms after he meets the LOB. He will be decent against crap defenses, but he'll struggle against the NFCW D's.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":13nw8hub said:
bigtrain21":13nw8hub said:
HansGruber":13nw8hub said:

Exactly.

B.S. until the draft the conversations around here have just been boring, get over yourselves. No one is hiding.
I'm sure you whiner trolls have been "just busy" and all. 8)
It must be tough when the team's site you've been trolling, said team ends up hoisting the Lombardi. :lol:
That has to suck! 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":1pm2nop0 said:
bjornanderson21":1pm2nop0 said:
WilsonMVP":1pm2nop0 said:

I agree to a point they have hit big but also loss big on some picks. But that's why everybody is human. And it's easy to armchair the GM or coach thing. But all clubs in the NFCW are going to be deadly

The Lombardi says that the Harvin trade was better, sorry! 8)