Santa Clara 49ers trade 4th round pick for Stevie Johnson

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":c9w70rv7 said:
rlkats":c9w70rv7 said:
bjornanderson21":c9w70rv7 said:
WilsonMVP":c9w70rv7 said:
WTF...do the niners have some blackmail on teams when it comes to trading for WRs...

how the hell do they get Johnson for a 4th NEXT year and Boldin for a 6th...are you kidding me? He was a 1000 yard WR from 2010 to 2012 for 3 seasons.

I agree to a point they have hit big but also loss big on some picks. But that's why everybody is human. And it's easy to armchair the GM or coach thing. But all clubs in the NFCW are going to be deadly

In case you don't remember, a year ago people were laughing at the niners for "only" getting Boldin while the Hawks were gonna get 1000 yards and 10 tds from Harvin.

The niners don't have blackmail, they just made smarter trades. The boldin trade and the johnson trade were/are bith better than the Harvin trade.

The hawks went big and got small results, the niners went medium and got huge results.

I'll take Schneider over Baalke but people need to stop underestimating their front office.
The Lombardi says that the Harvin trade was better, sorry! 8)
he really set himself up for that one. why do 49ers fans have to come in and talk crap.. Seahawks fans have the higher ground until the 49ers win a SB

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":1i5uxj37 said:
Sports Hernia":1i5uxj37 said:
rlkats":1i5uxj37 said:
bjornanderson21":1i5uxj37 said:
WTF...do the niners have some blackmail on teams when it comes to trading for WRs...

how the hell do they get Johnson for a 4th NEXT year and Boldin for a 6th...are you kidding me? He was a 1000 yard WR from 2010 to 2012 for 3 seasons.

I agree to a point they have hit big but also loss big on some picks. But that's why everybody is human. And it's easy to armchair the GM or coach thing. But all clubs in the NFCW are going to be deadly

In case you don't remember, a year ago people were laughing at the niners for "only" getting Boldin while the Hawks were gonna get 1000 yards and 10 tds from Harvin.

The niners don't have blackmail, they just made smarter trades. The boldin trade and the johnson trade were/are bith better than the Harvin trade.

The hawks went big and got small results, the niners went medium and got huge results.

I'll take Schneider over Baalke but people need to stop underestimating their front office.
The Lombardi says that the Harvin trade was better, sorry! 8)
he really set himself up for that one. why do 49ers fans have to come in and talk crap.. Seahawks fans have the higher ground until the 49ers win a SB
Very true..... But Rlkats is probably the best behaved 9'er fan here by far, so I try to cut him a little slack as he has earned his stripes over here IMHO! ....but your point remains! :)

JZ#1

Reaction score
We would of won that superbowl with out Harvin anyways. Harvin was a luxury. We will see if the trade is worth it, next year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":15rvleet said:
bigtrain21":15rvleet said:
HansGruber":15rvleet said:
Also, I do find it hilarious how you trolls run and hide after every beatdown. It was so quiet here all summer. Now, you pickup Stevie Johnson and suddenly you're beating your troll chests

Exactly.

5_Old_Rings last posted a week ago and once the trade gets made a post within a couple hours. You hit the nail on the head with that observation.

B.S. until the draft the conversations around here have just been boring, get over yourselves. No one is hiding.
For you and your buddies maybe, it's actually been pretty interesting for Seahawk fans at least for offseason.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Love(d) Stevie in Buffalo. Absolutely hate him as a Niner... Dude's going to be a problem for our secondary, Kaeptain-One-Read jokes aside.

Oh, and rlkats is alright. lvinginthepast, not so much.

JZ#1

Reaction score
What I find interesting is how they plan to use Bruce Ellington. Crabtree, Boldin, Stevie is a great combo and would provide problems for any secondary but at best those guys are just quick, not fast and can't stretch the field. The guy who they drafted today Bruce Ellington is a burner from what I have read. So it will be interesting if he can find reps.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1x3wm0wz said:
HansGruber":1x3wm0wz said:
Also, I do find it hilarious how you trolls run and hide after every beatdown. It was so quiet here all summer. Now, you pickup Stevie Johnson and suddenly you're beating your troll chests

Exactly.

5_Old_Rings last posted a week ago and once the trade gets made a post within a couple hours. You hit the nail on the head with that observation.
Interesting. I posted May 9th in the Kap/Lockette/TMZ thread before I knew about it and probably before the trade was made. Tell me, do you get off on making a fool of yourself? Is it some sort of fetish?

Now go beat your chest like a good Follower and look at all your friends as you all satisfy each others egos because of your amazing generality about 49er fans you discovered.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":18zarzfl said:
Interesting. I posted May 9th in the Kap/Lockette/TMZ thread before I knew about it and probably before the trade was made. Tell me, do you get off on making a fool of yourself? Is it some sort of fetish?

Now go beat your chest like a good Follower and look at all your friends as you all satisfy each others egos because of your amazing generality about 49er fans you discovered.

I am sure you are very proud of yourself.

As far as ego satisfaction? I'm pretty sure that nothing said about Niner fans could trump the fresh Lombardi trophy in Renton, the bar is set pretty high on that one. All this other stuff is just off season fodder.

Richard_Sherman

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":33fnx7cs said:
Hmmm Are the Niners going to sign Kaep or let him walk Marvin?

The Niners got Johnson because of Sherman. Interesting post I thought I would share:
"Let me educate the Buffalo haters and west coast football fans who don’t pay attention to the Bills and make snap judgments. Stevie Johnson only cost a 7th rd pick in 2008. In his years here he produced three 1,000 yd seasons. But…. he was aloof, never took a true leadership role, showed immense immaturity on many occasions (dropping OT TD vs Pittsburgh then blaming God, admitting to Jim Rome that he doesn’t work hard to achieve what he has, pretending to shoot himself in leg for TD celebration and many other penalties for excessive celebration). He never seemed to get it. He struggled with a bad groin for two seasons. His salary will be used to pay Sammy Watkins. The pick pays Buffalo back for one of the picks we gave up to acquire Watkins. And to think that this is an even talent for talent swap is insane. Sammy Watkins is an amazing blue chip prospect, way way better than Johnson and a better head on his shoulders. The Buffalo Bills hit a home run here. Putting Watkins with Robert Woods, Mike Williams and Marquise Goodwin is an awesome WR corps with no room for Stevie Johnson. You have been set straight".

If he wasn't even good enough to stave off his competition, I highly doubt he will dominate the NFC West. The Bills were looking to replace him and shipped him off for a fourth IN NEXT YEARS DRAFT. Not a ringing endorsement. Lynch was seen as a malcontent BUT LYNCH HAD A WORK ETHIC, Johnson not so much. Poor work habits admitted by none other than Stevie himself (transcript provided):
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/2/ ... falo-bills

You can also listen to this tool:
[youtube]WnZsQOHuMuA[/youtube]

Lazy, choker and a prima donna. The kind of guy John Schneider avoids like the Plague.

The guy you quoted here is an idiot and knows nothing about football.

1/ Sammy Watkins is NOT a better player than Steve Johnson, I don't even think he was a better prospect and this is considering Steve was a Seventh rounder while Sammy was a top Seven pick. Do you realize over 50% of Sammy's college receptions and college yardage came from behind the line of scrimmage? You can do a ton in college off of missed tackles alone (see Jameis Winston's entire 2013 season). It won't fly in the league. Potent, yes. Far from a sure thing and certainly not better.

2/ Stevie can say what he wants but the proof is in the pudding. The man didn't learn to run his routes the way he does just sitting on his ass. He was a seventh round pick, he didn't make a roster by being lazy. He didn't kick my ass just sitting on his. I respect Steve Johnson. Hell, there's a song about how hard he works. It's called marketing. If you have to act an a-hole in order to get yourself noticed, by all means do it!

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3kkv6fog said:
5_Golden_Rings":3kkv6fog said:

I am sure you are very proud of yourself.

As far as ego satisfaction? I'm pretty sure that nothing said about Niner fans could trump the fresh Lombardi trophy in Renton, the bar is set pretty high on that one. All this other stuff is just off season fodder.
Seattle was the best team last year. One of the best defenses ever. What is the relevance to the retarded, INACCURATE and baseless generalization I responded to?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":38crcocj said:
bigtrain21":38crcocj said:
HansGruber":38crcocj said:

Exactly.

The trade was made two and a half hours before you posted you dumbass. Wow. Quit lying.

SF49r

Reaction score
ic2r04KO2pV38-1.gif

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3w5aurw2 said:
Seattle was the best team last year. One of the best defenses ever. What is the relevance to the retarded, INACCURATE and baseless generalization I responded to?

Don't yell at me Bro.

I see no need for relevance. It is like the wild card, Ace in the hole of all conversation. I just really like saying it.

Got Jock itch?

Seahawks won the Super Bowl.

Michael Sam? Who cares?

You're awesomeness called the trade?

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":19rlbpbi said:
5_Golden_Rings":19rlbpbi said:

Don't yell at me Bro.

I see no need for relevance. It is like the wild card, Ace in the hole of all conversation. I just really like saying it.

Got Jock itch?

Michael Sam? Who cares?

You're awesomeness called the trade?

I have to admit....

....I know the 49ers Lombardi Trophies are a few decades old now so it's not apples to apples, but seeing a Seahawk fan say something like that after all the crap I've taken for being a Niner fan amuses me. :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SF49r":gp73l9go said:
bigtrain21":gp73l9go said:
SF49r":gp73l9go said:
*Posted meaningless .gif from 50-17 win*

dy7a3u2u.jpg

Don't make me get a pic of the 5 lombardis!!
If we want to see your old trophies we will watch antiques road show along with the history channel.
How many of those players that earned those old relics are on the current whiner team? <cue the jeopardy music as this might take awhile>

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2t4f5v6e said:
SF49r":2t4f5v6e said:
bigtrain21":2t4f5v6e said:
SF49r":2t4f5v6e said:
*Posted meaningless .gif from 50-17 win*

dy7a3u2u.jpg

Don't make me get a pic of the 5 lombardis!!
If we want to see you old trophies we will watch antiques road show along with the history channel.
How many of those players that earned those old relics are on the current whiner team? <cue the jeopardy music as this might take awhile>
Nobody? :mrgreen:

JZ#1

Reaction score
You should post a picture of the Lombardi trophy, not the NFC Championship trophy lol. Most of the 49ers current roster has earned that trophy that you posted Sherman holding. lololol

Latest posts