Seahawk's Coordinators

If you could only keep one of them, then which one would you chose to keep?

• Defense: Clint Hurtt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cymatica

Reaction score
Fire them all, but if some offensive guru took charge and wanted to Keep Shane, I would have zero issues with that.

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Wow!

First five votes are in, and not a single one vote for Waldron or Hurtt.
Looks like Izzo is in the lead so far!

Ozzy

Reaction score
I find it funny because Pete essentially blamed Geno for all the 4th down failures during his interview on 710 about it.

soxhawk

Reaction score
It's funny, we think Pete's a great coach, yet we always want the coordinators to go.

Meanwhile, actual good coaches have their coordinators poached on the regular. We only had Quinn taken. (And Bradley but he stunk)

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I prefer to think that Waldron only truly coached the very first game he was OC for and since then PC has handcuffed him. The first game should have been EVERY game.

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I prefer to think that Waldron only truly coached the very first game he was OC for and since then PC has handcuffed him. The first game should have been EVERY game.
Your perspective is interesting. I've been inclined to think the exact opposite, with Waldron choosing passing plays on virtually all of the 3rd and 4th downs. In what way do you feel that Carroll has handcuffed Waldron?

cymatica

Reaction score
I find it funny because Pete essentially blamed Geno for all the 4th down failures during his interview on 710 about it.
Even the final play? I don't remember him blaming Geno for that, sounded like they were fooled by what Dallas did

cymatica

Reaction score
That play was poorly executed by their kick returner
Pete admitted Dallas played it in a way they didn't expect. I'm not sure what DJ could have done to salvage that horrendous call

jeremiah

Reaction score
Fire them all, but if some offensive guru took charge and wanted to Keep Shane, I would have zero issues with that.
I want PC gone, any new HC will choose whomever is best. If he is any good at all, he will know.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Pete admitted Dallas played it in a way they didn't expect. I'm not sure what DJ could have done to salvage that horrendous call
He also implied that he didn't think the call to leave Micah unblocked was proper and would've preferred to have Lucas slide over to at least impede Parsons' path to the quarterback.

Just an all-around disaster call in the moment.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He also implied that he didn't think the call to leave Micah unblocked was proper and would've preferred to have Lucas slide over to at least impede Parsons' path to the quarterback.

Just an all-around disaster call in the moment.
That’s why Brock said he was blaming Geno in a sense because presnap he could’ve made adjustments.

mistaowen

Reaction score
For the offense I was never a huge fan of Waldron getting hired. Just seemed like a hope that he can be another McVay transplant even though he had no involvement with play calling (ever in his career) and only supported the passing game. McVay spoke really well of him but as an outsider looking in, I feel his best qualities are pre-game design and planning, not in-game adjustments or counters, which is a critical skill for OC's. You can be a brilliant football mind with film and analytics readily available, the best play callers feel how the game is flowing and know how to setup or counter once the other team adjusts. I just don't see him doing that well and way too often, the offense falls apart for multiple quarters after their opening script. Which to his credit is usually great. And coming into the Cowboys game, Pete very clearly got involved, something he and almost all former players/coaches say he rarely does to his coordinators. So that really doesn't bode well for him come evaluation time this offseason, especially if the skid continues.

Defense is whatever. It is terrible, its been terrible. They're bottom 10 in almost all metrics with some being bottom 5. They're about to get boat-raced by two great offenses and likely be a bottom 3 scoring defense. They've spent high draft picks, trades, big time money, all with the same result. Firing Hurtt 90% likely means another internal promotion happens and more of the same. It isn't all on the coaching staff, I've seen some atrocious effort and brain farts out of guys that is really inexcusable, but this is a constant downtrend for many years that hasn't been fixed. I don't know how they fix it without bringing in someone with full autonomy but Pete won't ever allow it, so it is what it is.

And listening to guys like KJ and Sherm speak on their podcasts, they don't think the coaches (Pete, Hurtt) are doing a good enough job which results in guys not caring when shit falls apart. Something at the core of this group is broken. They're on the verge of the first 4 game lose streak in Pete's entire Seahawks career. They don't see confidence, swagger, anything when watching film - no communication, no one besides Brooks and sometimes the ROOKIE Devon Witherspoon getting into it with guys not doing their jobs. Highest paid safety group in the NFL with no accountability. Even if we all were frustrated with Norton as a DC, every defensive player during the glory years LOVES the man and the attitude he expected his guys to carry. Just feels like there is no identity anymore and it sucks, because watching the Seahawks defense kick the absolute hell out of teams every week was so much fun to watch.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
That’s why Brock said he was blaming Geno in a sense because presnap he could’ve made adjustments.
He could've, but if that's the exact design coming in from Waldron/offensive staff and the plan is explicitly to leave Parsons unblocked, I don't know if he'd have the authority to straight up say "no" and check out of it despite them getting the look they expected. That verges on mutiny.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He could've, but if that's the exact design coming in from Waldron/offensive staff and the plan is explicitly to leave Parsons unblocked, I don't know if he'd have the authority to straight up say "no" and check out of it despite them getting the look they expected. That verges on mutiny.
I’ll have to go back and listen but brock and Salk talked about why Pete blamed Geno on that play and multiple other crucial ones. It was designed to be unblocked. I think if the guard doesn’t get destroyed it’s a big play. I know I’m in the minority but I don’t mind the call.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I’ll have to go back and listen but brock and Salk talked about why Pete blamed Geno on that play and multiple other crucial ones. It was designed to be unblocked. I think if the guard doesn’t get destroyed it’s a big play. I know I’m in the minority but I don’t mind the call.
I didn't mind the call as much as I minded the details honestly, but I think that's my main criticism for most of the year on both sides of the ball. There's too much fundamental confusion and little things done wrong on both sides to be effective

Latest posts