Seahawks favorite to land Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":304wsvwb said:
Seahwkgal":304wsvwb said:
Well all I can say is someone has to go for Bennett to stay. Any guesses who(besides Red and Rice)?
Maybe Clemons restructures and/or gets cut. Tate or Baldwin?
I love this news but I am scared of who has to leave now..

We have near 23 million in cap space after the Rice and Bryant cuts along with the larger than expected cap increase.

Incorrect.

We have 14.2

Releasing Clemons and Miller would take that number to about 26.7M

http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/

HawkFan72

Reaction score
acer1240":12mpqgzq said:
I forgot how much fun free agency is.

For once I am kind of happy about this 3 day tampering window. It allowed Bennett to get a realistic idea of his value around the league and now he may sign before free agency even opens.

I, too, missed refreshing my screen even 5 seconds hoping to see "X signs with Seahawks"

Lynch'sLamborghini

Reaction score
Careful, everyone. This screams of trying to squeeze the last pennies out of Chicago's pockets. Don't get your hopes too high.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Lynch'sLamborghini":m5lfd2im said:
Careful, everyone. This screams of trying to squeeze the last pennies out of Chicago's pockets. Don't get your hopes too high.

Having Bennett in our facility for the last few days and reports of mutual desire to get a deal done screams of trying to pinch Chicago's pennies?

jblaze

Reaction score
Bennett hinted at a decision today, I think we'll know before the day is over.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
http://bit.ly/zzSpRY

I have personal reasons for disliking the guy but I will root for him and be happy when he succeeds on the teams behalf, much like I did last season. I think 8m is too much but if his efforts back it up then I'm good with that

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Lynch'sLamborghini":319y8i93 said:

Eh. If Schefter is saying deal will be done today, I think the deal is done today.

The dominos that fall after will be interesting. Clemons will likely be released. Does Tate get re-signed too? Thomas extension? Miller re-structure/release? Surprise FA on a 1-year prove it/ring chase deal? (i.e. Jared Allen)

With this FO I think all those things are in play

Lynch'sLamborghini

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2zml6rv2 said:
Lynch'sLamborghini":2zml6rv2 said:

Having Bennett in our facility for the last few days and reports of mutual desire to get a deal done screams of trying to pinch Chicago's pennies?

I admit to being excessively cautious, but earlier this morning the reports were just as glowing about his intent to go to Chicago. With Rosenhaus, we don't know what's true. I'm hopeful this is true, but concerned it's the road to crashing disappointment.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit I saw Bennett taking the cash and playing with his brother. I really didn't want to see Seattle get into a bidding war and end up paying the dude 10m a year. This isn't over yet, Chicago may have one more card to play...

Hopefully not though. The rumored deal sounds pretty damn awesome.

I think he will prove even more valuable as a mentor for Scruggs.

WoooWeee! We have four to five more months of this.

jblaze

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":31ewuk1q said:
BlueBlood":31ewuk1q said:
I don't have a mobile device. :|

Wow. I didn't think there was anyone out there without a smart phone or IPad/tablet nowadays.

drdiags

Reaction score
If Bennett signs here for $8M, that writer saying he was asking $10M sure looks full of it. This time of year brings out the ugly in folks.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
jblaze":3lerrtz3 said:
Seahwkgal":3lerrtz3 said:
BlueBlood":3lerrtz3 said:

Wow. I didn't think there was anyone out there without a smart phone or IPad/tablet nowadays.

I'm on a PC right now and the link just took me to the Play Store for an ESPN app

jblaze

Reaction score
drdiags":1wjzpafu said:
If Bennett signs here for $8M, that writer saying he was asking $10M sure looks full of it. This time of year brings out the ugly in folks.

I'm sure he "wanted" 10m, that doesn't mean he's going to get it. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

Always start high in negotiations.

kidhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":k9hw3m5f said:

That's not necessarily so. These types of negotiations are often played out in the media. One side or the other could have purposely "leaked" that bit of information to pressure the other side or to just get the ball rolling. Agents always overvalue their players to start negotiations and teams are always "doing their best under the cap" and if both sides want it to happen, a mutual meeting near the middle is finally hammered out.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
jblaze":2aps6z9v said:
Seahwkgal":2aps6z9v said:
BlueBlood":2aps6z9v said:

I have a MacBook Pro. :|
We found that going old school(no cell phones and just a land line) saved us a lot of money every month. I don't miss my iphone at all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.