Seahawks favorite to land Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
This has certainly taken a turn for the better. Of course, just like I was refusing to believe that the Bears signing Bennett was a done deal, I'm now not going to swing too far toward the optimistic. I just want to see a done deal.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3e7e88e9 said:
Bennett will also make more money with each sdditional playoff game also.

Anyone know what the playoff bonus' s pay?

Wild-card game (division winners): $23,000
Wild-card game (non-division winners): $21,000
Divisional playoff game: $23,000
Conference championship game: $42,000
Super Bowl winning team: $92,000
Super Bowl losing Team: $46,000

mikeak

Reaction score
kidhawk":nxnre2y0 said:
DavidSeven":nxnre2y0 said:
Not surprising:

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 2m
One source says #Bears offering $8.5 million per year for Michael Bennett and #Seahawks at $8 million annually. That is word around league.

Well, considering Illinois has a 5% income tax, the difference is basically minimal ($75,000).

Not that simply but close enough :) - game checks are based on where the game is played so even Seahawk game checks will be taxed for away games based on the state of where the game is played.

Signing bonus is tied to the team

kidhawk

Reaction score
Well Bennett's agent has heard offers from other teams, the question now is whether any are close enough to entice him into waiting until tomorrow to visit facilities etc. or if he ends up signing with the Seahawks today. Free agency starts for real tomorrow and this will definitely be an interesting week or so

DavidSeven

Reaction score
More salary speculation/confirmation:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m
From my understanding, the deal Michael Bennett is weighing from the #Seahawks averages $8M over four years. We’ll see if it’s enough.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
mikeak":3m2jfmy1 said:
kidhawk":3m2jfmy1 said:
DavidSeven":3m2jfmy1 said:
Not surprising:

One source says #Bears offering $8.5 million per year for Michael Bennett and #Seahawks at $8 million annually. That is word around league.

Well, considering Illinois has a 5% income tax, the difference is basically minimal ($75,000).

Not that simply but close enough :) - game checks are based on where the game is played so even Seahawk game checks will be taxed for away games based on the state of where the game is played.

If he signed with Chicago he would be guaranteed to willingly have half of his pay taxed at 5% though.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
kidhawk":1k1zlo19 said:
Well Bennett's agent has heard offers from other teams, the question now is whether any are close enough to entice him into waiting until tomorrow to visit facilities etc. or if he ends up signing with the Seahawks today.
Tweets are saying Bennett re-signing with Seattle announcement could come today.

ivotuk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":2unlbshy said:
RichNhansom":2unlbshy said:
Bennett will also make more money with each sdditional playoff game also.

Anyone know what the playoff bonus' s pay?

Wild-card game (division winners): $23,000
Wild-card game (non-division winners): $21,000
Divisional playoff game: $23,000
Conference championship game: $42,000
Super Bowl winning team: $92,000
Super Bowl losing Team: $46,000

Kicking Peyton Manning's butt all over the field, Priceless

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If the offer is true, I'm happy it's a 4 year deal. That's the perfect length for a guy who is 28.

jblaze

Reaction score
A lot of people will have a lot of crow to eat after Bennett re-signs. A lot of emotional and illogical responses, guy deserves to get paid and he took a look outside but apparently is leaning heavily towards coming back.

It's a business and we're lucky that JS recognizes his value and is offering 8m/yr. Another solid front office move!

I would argue 8m/yr is good value for him also.

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":lpxop3uw said:
kidhawk":lpxop3uw said:
DavidSeven":lpxop3uw said:
Not surprising:

There are definitely lots of ways to work around things. Seattle could offer a larger bonus with smaller salaries making even more of it free from state income tax. Right now if he stays here half his games (at least) are state tax free. In chicago 8 wouldn't be (plus the signing bonus would be taxable). If it the contract is worked out properly, he could easily make more money off of $8 million per year here than off of $8.5 or even up to around $9 million in Chicago. Just depends on the contract terminology. Of course this is just looking at Chicago. If he were to sign in a place like Oakland, the difference would have to be even higher as the tax there is over double what it is in Illinois.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 3m
Seahawks are confident internally they'll be able to push the Michael Bennett deal over the goal line. Mutual motivation to get it done.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
jblaze":mmccjb9j said:
A lot of people will have a lot of crow to eat after Bennett re-signs. A lot of emotional and illogical responses, guy deserves to get paid and he took a look outside but apparently is leaning heavily towards coming back.

It's a business and we're lucky that JS recognizes his value and is offering 8m/yr. Another solid front office move!

I would argue 8m/yr is good value for him also.
I'll be first in line and 8/32 at 4 years is outstanding.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Now lock Baldwin down long term (yeah I know everyone wants Tate blahblah), and lock the LOB down for years, and I call this offseason a damn success.

Jville

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2zdwkhxs said:
Not surprising:

I had Bennett's value number estimated at $7.55 million. So allowing for rising cap estimates of $133 million, $140 million and $150 million over a three year period, $8 million per year is in the ball park. If this report holds up, we can all breath a sigh of relief. It will indicate that cap discipline is alive and well in Seattle.

Largent80

Reaction score
No offense to Chicago, but who wants to be there in fall/winter, AND have to look at Cutlers face?

Status
Not open for further replies.