Seahawks favorite to land Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jville

Reaction score
Dtowers":1v9jxfmb said:
Jville":1v9jxfmb said:
Getting back on subject ..............................

Michael Bennett was given a featured role and is allowed a lot of on-the-field leeway in his Seattle role. A role I think he relishes. I have my doubts that he would enjoy that same freedom in Chicago's defense.

Playing time has been a very important subject for Bennett rumors say. He definitely would get more play time in CHI.

Maximizing the energy players bring to the field is a leading goal of the Seattle Seahawks .... including energy for the finish in the fourth quarter. The Seahawks monitor and challenge everyone to compete for as much playing time as they can claim in a winning effort. There are no arbitrary snap limits on anyone in Seattle. As player roles expand, their snap counts grow.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'm excited as hell right now, I was looking around for an hour after the Chi-town news bit of a guy who could play all areas on the line, and I was getting depressed.

Lord jesus, let Bennett sign with us today! Por favor?!

Jville

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":6qv4llfj said:
Dtowers":6qv4llfj said:
Jville":6qv4llfj said:

Michael Bennett was given a featured role and is allowed a lot of on-the-field leeway in his Seattle role. A role I think he relishes. I have my doubts that he would enjoy that same freedom in Chicago's defense.

Playing time has been a very important subject for Bennett rumors say. He definitely would get more play time in CHI.

I don't like players dictating playing time. Now we're guaranteeing game snaps in order to satisfy selfish stuff like personal stats and ego? As opposed to what matters, which is keeping players fresh so we're dominating in 4th quarters and Super Bowls?

Not good.

This also has a snowball effect. If Bennett can dictate snaps in his contract, or be promised snaps............then what's to keep other players like Avril, Clemons, etc from doing the same?

That doesn't happen with the Seahawks.

Maximizing the energy players bring to the field is a leading goal of the Seattle Seahawks .... including energy for the finish in the fourth quarter. The Seahawks monitor and challenge everyone to compete for as much playing time as they can claim in a winning effort. There are no arbitrary snap limits on anyone in Seattle. As players expand their roles, their snap counts grow.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jville":2e32257n said:

It might if Bennett makes that a stipulation for re-signing here. Why would his agent float this out there if it's not going to be a bargaining chip?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":15jxd32z said:
Dtowers":15jxd32z said:
Jville":15jxd32z said:

I don't like players dictating playing time. Now we're guaranteeing game snaps in order to satisfy selfish stuff like personal stats and ego? As opposed to what matters, which is keeping players fresh so we're dominating in 4th quarters and Super Bowls?

Not good.

This also has a snowball effect. If Bennett can dictate snaps in his contract, or be promised snaps............then what's to keep other players like Avril, Clemons, etc from doing the same?

What? Who said anything about snaps being part of the contract?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3aj3akmp said:
Jville":3aj3akmp said:

It might if Bennett makes that a stipulation for re-signing here. Why would his agent float this out there if it's not going to be a bargaining chip?

Man your arm must be tired from reaching so much.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Chris Clemons played 88% of Seahawk defensive snaps in 2012. We've been taken hostage before.

Jville

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2w63vayr said:
Jville":2w63vayr said:

A year ago, Michael Bennett bought into always compete. Every year is a competition. Michael Bennett knows that. It's why he want to continue with the Seattle Seahawks.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
jblaze":14749ju6 said:
A lot of people will have a lot of crow to eat after Bennett re-signs. A lot of emotional and illogical responses, guy deserves to get paid and he took a look outside but apparently is leaning heavily towards coming back.

It's a business and we're lucky that JS recognizes his value and is offering 8m/yr. Another solid front office move!

I would argue 8m/yr is good value for him also.

Totally this...like I said earlier "until he signs with another team, he is still a Seahawk".

Dtowers

Reaction score
Jville":3h5u76af said:
Dtowers":3h5u76af said:
Jville":3h5u76af said:

Maximizing the energy players bring to the field is a leading goal of the Seattle Seahawks .... including energy for the finish in the fourth quarter. The Seahawks monitor and challenge everyone to compete for as much playing time as they can claim in a winning effort. There are no arbitrary snap limits on anyone in Seattle. As player roles expand, their snap counts grow.

Not sure if you thought I was arguing or disagreeing with you...but I was just elaborating. Yes his role is more dynamic in Seattle than it would be other places but Seattle's rotation will keep him off the field at times. Compare that to teams like the Niners who rotate very little (though they started to this year). More snaps means more stats generally which means more bonuses.

And anyone saying the contract is going to stipulate snap counts that isn't what I or the rumors were getting at.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Throwdown":1bkfd3c2 said:
Sgt. Largent":1bkfd3c2 said:
Jville":1bkfd3c2 said:

Right, I'm sure it's just been reported that "playing time is a very important factor in who Bennett signs with" because he's happy with only playing 50% of the snaps last year.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Since we're talking about snaps, here's a list of defensive snaps by our DL last year (ST snaps are not included):

1. Bennett 569
2. Clemons 532
3. Avril 521
4. Mebane 509
5. McDaniel 500
6. McDonald 497
7. Bryant 460

By comparison, Clemons in 2012 racked up 859 defensive snaps.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Good news at 8 mil, thats fair.

No use switching teams for half a million dollars more, when Chicago won't win a super bowl in the next 10 years, and Seattle will probably win multiple.

Beer Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3evzlpmp said:
Throwdown":3evzlpmp said:
Sgt. Largent":3evzlpmp said:
Jville":3evzlpmp said:

Right, I'm sure it's just been reported that "playing time is a very important factor in who Bennett signs with" because he's happy with only playing 50% of the snaps last year.

It also probably helps Bennett's agent squeeze more money out of Chicago. If they want him to play on 30% more snaps and they're offering the same amount of money as the Hawks, then they need to increase their offer to compete value-wise. I'd guess that, coupled with the fact his checks will be taxed if he plays for the Bears, is the reason people are saying he's leaning towards Seattle right now. Close to the same dollars per year but more value if he stays with us.

Correction: he's now "definitely" leaning towards the Hawks lol

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -seahawks/

Jville

Reaction score
Dtowers":2dbes2am said:
Jville":2dbes2am said:
Dtowers":2dbes2am said:
Jville":2dbes2am said:

Not sure if you thought I was arguing or disagreeing with you...but I was just elaborating. Yes his role is more dynamic in Seattle than it would be other places but Seattle's rotation will keep him off the field at times. Compare that to teams like the Niners who rotate very little (though they started to this year). More snaps means more stats generally which means more bonuses.

And anyone saying the contract is going to stipulate snap counts that isn't what I or the rumors were getting at.

We're good. I understand. I think there are often two sources and two set of messages published. One source is the player ....... the other is the player agent or lawyer who attempts to manipulate on behalf of their client.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2t0m9fmw said:
Good news at 8 mil, thats fair.
If Bennett does indeed re-sign with Seattle for $8M/year AND he plays approximately the same # of snaps as last year...

.... he will make slightly more than $14,000 per snap!!

Not too shabby. :th2thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.