Seahawks Just Won The Division

bigskydoc

Reaction score
HawkFan72":gzeuabsu said:
SoulfishHawk":gzeuabsu said:
Rams started out fast last year too. Meh

Weren't they shut out by the 49ers last year in Week 1?

Why yes, indeed they did. Then they went and beat the Seahawks the next week, and some insufferable pipsqueak started posting on the NFL Forum about how some sort of tiebreaker gave the Rams sole possession of 1st place in the NFCW.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Being said, coach 8-8 is gone, the Rams are a different team, and I'm not yet convinced that we can afford to drop two to them this year. They

I'm still pretty dang confident that they will be playing golf in January

Mad Dog

Reaction score
The Rams are likely to be our closest competition given they have a real DC in Wade Phillips and McVey was an up and coming star. O I'm more worried about them than in the past.

Still. It's week one. Now everyone has tape on everyone else. Lets see how things go moving forward.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Yeah the rams were on the losing end of that 28-0 game vs the Niners. Won three straight to get to 3-1 then went 1-11, including losing to the niners again.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Seymour":15rcfgxa said:
Anyone see Bennett and Sheldon limping and having trouble?

I would suggest not to mess with the gods of karma.

They were cramping. Hardly anything to worry about and pretty common first few weeks of the year.

Geologic

Reaction score
That really sucks for David Johnson. I don't like the Cardinals but I love David Johnson as a NFL fan. He's so fun to watch

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
God the Chicken Little Syndrome after a loss in Green Bay is priceless.

Yes we have issues especially on the OL that needs to be addressed, and will improve as the year goes on but some of you act like we will be lucky to win another game this year. Oy vay. :34853_doh:

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Aros":3jef28pp said:
God the Chicken Little Syndrome after a loss in Green Bay is priceless.

Yes we have issues especially on the OL that needs to be addressed, and will improve as the year goes on but some of you act like we will be lucky to win another game this year. Oy vay. :34853_doh:

Not at all, but we have watched the offense and our playoff runs get worse each year since our last SB appearance. It is frustrating because if a bunch of yayhoo spectators like us can pretty much agree on the issues then why isn't it being corrected?

We have an easy schedule this year, and if we do worse than last year, it might get easier still, but the problems contributing to our losses aren't being solved.

This teams ability is Superbowl caliber, but coaching (zone blocking, switching line positions, poor personnel choices) and gameplanning (long developing routes, very little read option, quick 5 yard slant passing, etc) is killing our chances with an aging core.

We have accepted slow starts now as a team attribute. Why? No reason for it other than poor gameplan because the coaching was caught off guard, or the practice regimen was didn't address real world scenarios.

We were healthy with a good preseason. No excuse for what we just saw on offense. Slow starts as a habit is not good. I have no problem pointing that out.

kidhawk

Reaction score
The news is a big blow to the Cardinals, but before we can win the division, we've got to get better. Besides, I don't wanna push my luck here. One major injury can hurt us as well. Look what happened to our defense last year when ET went down. Look what happened to our offense when Wilson played hurt for most of the Season.

I still have the same faith in this team and this division as I did Saturday, but I am not praising it quite as loudly today.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Good Ol Ron Fairly comes to mind when I read this OP. "You gotta swing the bat to hit the ball" Translated to Football. "You gotta score some points to win a game."

Perhaps you're trying to raise peoples spirits, but yesterday's offensive Offensive performance was offensive. Entertainment value? Zero. Win the division? Appear in the Super Bowl? Yes, it's one game, but it was that bad. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it. And I'm an unusually optimistic person.

Cc5674

Reaction score
Aros":2unoy0eu said:
It's being reported that the Cardinals David Johnson is likely to go on IR and out for the year. HUGE blow to what was our only true competition in the division.
Quite a strange post! 0-1 with 15 to play and you somehow equate a division opponents running backs injury as a reason to raise the 2017 NFC West Champs banner up. I think that's kinda weird but whatever gets you through your issues dude.

Wouldn't respect a Cardinal fan for coming out and claiming they will win the division this weekend because Russell Wilson blew out his knee. Totally classless post.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Cc5674":385b5bqv said:
Aros":385b5bqv said:
It's being reported that the Cardinals David Johnson is likely to go on IR and out for the year. HUGE blow to what was our only true competition in the division.
Quite a strange post! 0-1 with 15 to play and you somehow equate a division opponents running backs injury as a reason to raise the 2017 NFC West Champs banner up. I think that's kinda weird but whatever gets you through your issues dude.

Wouldn't respect a Cardinal fan for coming out and claiming they will win the division this weekend because Russell Wilson blew out his knee. Totally classless post.

:34853_doh:

You missed the whole point...

evergreen

Reaction score
We sucked in Jacksonville in the opener in 2005 too. Look how that turned out.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
You would think by now we would all be experienced enough to know that it is a long season. The overreactions and calls for the Seahawks demise are beyond ridiculous.

Losing David Johnson was a big blow to the only team that really looked to be a legitimate threat to Seattle in the west. The Rams could surprise, but lets wait and see. The Hawks were and still are the best team in the west by a mile and will challenge for the NFC once again.

Cmon guys. We are better than this. Lets not feed the narrative that Seahawk fans are bandwagon newbies that know little about football.

Seymour

Reaction score
Steve2222":13qjgp0b said:
Seymour":13qjgp0b said:
Anyone see Bennett and Sheldon limping and having trouble?

I would suggest not to mess with the gods of karma.

They were cramping. Hardly anything to worry about and pretty common first few weeks of the year.

Tends to happen when you are on the field 2x longer than offense. D 40 minutes O 20 (pretty darn close)

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Cards will be fine. Rams are an unknown. WE are the Rams of the past few years....all D and no O.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":98fgeh9g said:
Crizilla":98fgeh9g said:
Already claiming a division title after yesterday's abysmal performance? Lol

Abysmal?

Special teams looked good, defense held Aaron Rodgers to zero points at home the first half. How many teams have done that?

Rookies played great, especially Naz Jones and Griffin. Hell right now, Jones looks like the steal of the draft, dude's been beasting all camp and now 1st game.

Lockett and Earl look like they're all the way back, especially Earl.

Offense and O-line was abysmal, but 1st game of the year at Lambeau? Didn't have high hopes to begin with, so IMO abysmal is not the right word for me. Frustrating is the word I'd use, cause it was a missed opportunity.

I'm fine with a prediction that they win the division but the last thing I want to hear is stuff going on with other teams. THIS team better get their act together because there's no excuses for this joke of an O-line any more. I also don't see how at this point in time why it matters that everything else about the team looked good. Doesn't even matter we lost we scored 9 points. This team is the best team in the NFL if we get a solid o line. I don't wanna hear about injuries to other teams that could impact the standings. I want US to figure it out. I'm not hating this thread just saying the last thing on my mind is the Cardinals

Hawkpower

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1f2omhpv said:
Cards will be fine. Rams are an unknown. WE are the Rams of the past few years....all D and no O.

Way too early in the season to be making that proclamation (regarding our offense)

The oline doesnt look good, true enough. But thats been true for years.

Weve had plenty of crappy offensive games over the years that didnt translate into a YEAR OF DESPAIR!!!!!!!

Besides an officiating crew that wasnt fluffing Erin Rodgers yesterday would have left us a 20-17 victory. Would you be making the same claims about us having NO O!!!!! then??

Uncle Si

Reaction score
evergreen":1drw6ikg said:
We sucked in Jacksonville in the opener in 2005 too. Look how that turned out.

Started 1-2 that year.