Seahawks open as 10-point underdogs to Rams next Sunday.

RCATES

Reaction score
The only reason the last game was close was because Rams lost Kupp and Cooks. I expect Kupp to have a huge day against us like he has in the past. Rams win by 17.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Fluker most likely.out. That will hurt bad. So that rumor seems like it may of been correct.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And there it is, making excuses for why the Hawks were a couple stupid penalties away from beating the often worshipped paper champion Rams. :roll:
I'm at the point where I truly wonder if some people here are actually Rams fans claiming to be Seahawks fans.

chris98251

Reaction score
RCATES":10716uyv said:
The only reason the last game was close was because Rams lost Kupp and Cooks. I expect Kupp to have a huge day against us like he has in the past. Rams win by 17.

Did they start the game yes, it's football, refs influence the game, injuries, the only reason we don't have three Super Bowls is because we lost Manual and Avril and Sherman was playing with one Arm and Kam was banged up.

See how that works?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
RCATES":4ocpl1ee said:

Between your Wilson bias and your one sided narrative against the team, I'm beginning to wonder if you're actually a Hawks fan. We were missing KJ Wright last game. We made mistakes and had injuries of our own.

Seriously, why make excuses for ONLY the Rams when we had plenty of excuses of our own??

Ramfan128":4ocpl1ee said:
knownone":4ocpl1ee said:
The Rams have beat 1 team by 10 + points in the last 5 weeks the 49ers. The other 3 wins are by a combined 7 points.

I honestly think the Seahawks have a better chance of winning this game than the Rams do of winning it by 10+.

We're 4-0 at home so far:

34-0 against the Cardinals

35-23 against the Chargers

38-31 against the Vikings

29-27 against the Packers

We had double digit leads against both the Vikings and Packers - the Vikings got us right after Talib and Peters were injured, and a missed (chipshot) FG is what made this game look closer otherwise we win by 10+. The Packers had a bye so had two weeks to prep and both McCarthy and Rodgers have a very good record after their bye. And again, the Rams were still up by 10 at some point in that game.

The other games you're talking about are @Seattle - one of the toughest places to play, so just winning is impressive. @Denver - Rams were up 17 and Broncos scored a garbage time TD to avoid losing by 10. And then see Packers above.

IMO Rams by 10 makes sense. After a loss last year in the regular season the Rams were 4-0 with wins over the Jags, Saints and Seahawks (and Niners but obviously they were not a good team).

The Seahawks have been losing games at home dating back to last year. We are a better road team than home team in the last couple years, so the idea of us being wholly better at home is an old narrative

knownone

Reaction score
Ramfan128":20bxecbj said:
knownone":20bxecbj said:
The Rams have beat 1 team by 10 + points in the last 5 weeks the 49ers. The other 3 wins are by a combined 7 points.

I honestly think the Seahawks have a better chance of winning this game than the Rams do of winning it by 10+.

We're 4-0 at home so far:

34-0 against the Cardinals

35-23 against the Chargers

38-31 against the Vikings

29-27 against the Packers

We had double digit leads against both the Vikings and Packers - the Vikings got us right after Talib and Peters were injured, and a missed (chipshot) FG is what made this game look closer otherwise we win by 10+. The Packers had a bye so had two weeks to prep and both McCarthy and Rodgers have a very good record after their bye. And again, the Rams were still up by 10 at some point in that game.

The other games you're talking about are @Seattle - one of the toughest places to play, so just winning is impressive. @Denver - Rams were up 17 and Broncos scored a garbage time TD to avoid losing by 10. And then see Packers above.

IMO Rams by 10 makes sense. After a loss last year in the regular season the Rams were 4-0 with wins over the Jags, Saints and Seahawks (and Niners but obviously they were not a good team).
You've just outlined why the Rams by 10 does not make much sense. What happens in the games does not matter when it comes to the point spread, what matters is the final score. The only two teams you've beaten all season by 10 points are the Cardinals and 49ers, two objectively bad teams who've combined for seven 10(+) point defeats this season. The Seahawks have yet to lose a game all season by 10 points and the last game they played against the Rams came down to essentially the final play.

The more traditional approach to oddsmaking would put the Rams at around +5 points and everything else is the bookmaker trying to adjust to meet public opinion in order to get equal betting on both sides. Considering the line opened at +10 for the Rams the Seahawks are just as likely to tie or win as they are to lose by more than 10 points... kind of, the game doesn't actually work like that but the math does.

Now, obviously, games need to be played and I don't fault you for thinking the Rams will win by 10+. That's a fair opinion to have. I just don't think the line accurately represents the data we have available at this time.