Seahawks signing Luke Joeckel to 1 year deal per NFLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombie Hawk

Reaction score
I dont hate the signing but is this going to be another off season where Schneider scrapes the bottom of the barrel for lineman in order to bring in "competition". Lets go out and get a proven guy! :229031_banghead:

RCATES

Reaction score
$8 million YIKES..................Seattle just can't figure it out with choosing and drafting Lineman in the PC/JS era.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Assuming the money is right I'm actually pretty happy about this signing. Nice to see the FO go get a player who is supposed to have a high ceiling. He's had a couple hard years in a loser franchise so I'm interested to see what he can do in a different environment.

Whatever you say, at least at one point he was a highly coveted offensive line prospect. Not a late round d-line or basketball convert :D

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He's only 25 so he still has room for improvement. He obviously has talent since he went so high in the draft, so it's just a matter of finding out what Cable can do with him.

Does anyone know if Jacksonville uses the same type of blocking scheme that the Seahawks use?

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
I like this deal much more than any involving Matt Kalil.

Joeckel is still only 25 - still very young

He also played exclusively in a 2 point stance at A & M. Takes some time - especially within the new CBA and very very limited time with pads on the field practice - to grow into 3 point / pro-style OL

I would also be excited to see the Seattle strength and conditioning team to get him into a program asap. Was a bit of a knock on him coming out of college was upper body strength

I would not be at all surprised to see Joeckel moved over to the right side, and tried at RT.

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
HawksBrazil":36qfgny2 said:
If that's true, it would probably mean we are not on a premium position to acquire TJ Lang, as we do not have that much money left on cap space.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/839949732646629380[/tweet]

That infers some of that is non-guaranteed or NLTE incentives. Really interested to see the actual terms.

Joeckel played LT and LG last year before getting hurt. If anything, he offers some experienced versatility with the potential upside given his age.

AgentDib

Reaction score
RCATES":3u44yo6j said:
$8 million YIKES..................Seattle just can't figure it out with choosing and drafting Lineman in the PC/JS era.
Since you know enough to form an opinion, can you tell the rest of us how much of that is guaranteed?

Rat

Reaction score
Good move. Yeah, he's been terrible, but with Jacksonville. Worthy reclamation project for a team that epitomizes "beggars".

bandiger

Reaction score
Ugh, better pray he doesn't get injured or benched. Come on JS :p

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":1wfup6c7 said:
I like this deal much more than any involving Matt Kalil.

You aren't the only one.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/839953086810509312[/tweet]

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2wc2ranl said:
There you go Attyla ... one of your guys!

I love this deal when you compare it to Kalil's deal. Even compared to Wagner's deal.

He may have been a bust at #2 overall. But do we all not think he's going to be an upgrade to either Fant or Gilliam?

Getting a modest 1 year prove it deal for a player of his youth. I like the deal, even if I'm not super bullish on the player. What it does do is add to the mix. Seattle has flexibility at OT competition should they need to go that route (meaning Gilliam and Fant don't show improvement in TC).

It's a one year patch. This is a bad year for OL. Perfect allocation of modest cap space for a modest answer while freeing up the draft to cull extremely talent rich position groups.

RussB

Reaction score
drcool":147s4nh7 said:
Decent signing. He has had a rough couple years here in Jacksonville. Injuries have slowed him a bit. Tony Boselli is always talking on the radio about how he is a very good lineman.

He isn't a franchise cornerstone or anything but he is an upgrade on what we have.
Cant be worse than fant.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
People are never going to be happy..We don't have a lot of cap space to buy an elite OL

Pie Romania

Reaction score
RussB":3oxgl8av said:
drcool":3oxgl8av said:
Decent signing. He has had a rough couple years here in Jacksonville. Injuries have slowed him a bit. Tony Boselli is always talking on the radio about how he is a very good lineman.

He isn't a franchise cornerstone or anything but he is an upgrade on what we have.
Cant be worse than fant.

Is this the time when someone says, "Hold my beer"? With how the line has continued to decline, saying something like that is asking for disappointment. Hoping for the best though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Lang is visiting next week, I'd be much more excited about that signing. Joeckel's been mediocre at best for the Jags.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
lots of upside and can't be much worse than he's shown, I wonder what the incentives are to max that contract out.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Zombie Hawk":36l6bssj said:
I dont hate the signing but is this going to be another off season where Schneider scrapes the bottom of the barrel for lineman in order to bring in "competition". Lets go out and get a proven guy! :229031_banghead:

They are all bottom of the barrel types. Unless you have a specific name that is available?

Status
Not open for further replies.