Seahawks signing Luke Joeckel to 1 year deal per NFLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve2222

Reaction score
titan3131":1qie7w6k said:
hawknation2017":1qie7w6k said:
I doubt he was their first choice but not a bad deal to get a veteran OT with solid length, agility, and fundamentals. He struggled in his few starts at RT, so that is a bit of a concern. Hopefully, Joeckel takes over the RT spot in training camp and never looks back. That would allow Ifedi to continue his development at the RG position, while improving depth across the line with experienced Gilliam playing the utility role. Joeckel is more physical than Gilliam in the run game, as well.

RT Joeckel
RG Ifedi
C Britt
LG Glowinski
LT Fant (or Gilliam or rookie)

I think the biggest question this off-season is, how much can Fant realistically improve?

i would bet everything that a rookie will not start @ LT. There will be no LT available when we finally get to make our first pick.

What makes you say that? This draft is rich in defensive talent. Most mocks I've seen has one of the top 3 tackles falling to us. If not, that still leaves us with a blue chipper DB to take with our first pick.....which is position of need #2 for us

chris98251

Reaction score
Steve2222":1hof80pw said:
titan3131":1hof80pw said:
hawknation2017":1hof80pw said:
I doubt he was their first choice but not a bad deal to get a veteran OT with solid length, agility, and fundamentals. He struggled in his few starts at RT, so that is a bit of a concern. Hopefully, Joeckel takes over the RT spot in training camp and never looks back. That would allow Ifedi to continue his development at the RG position, while improving depth across the line with experienced Gilliam playing the utility role. Joeckel is more physical than Gilliam in the run game, as well.

RT Joeckel
RG Ifedi
C Britt
LG Glowinski
LT Fant (or Gilliam or rookie)

I think the biggest question this off-season is, how much can Fant realistically improve?

i would bet everything that a rookie will not start @ LT. There will be no LT available when we finally get to make our first pick.

What makes you say that? This draft is rich in defensive talent. Most mocks I've seen has one of the top 3 tackles falling to us. If not, that still leaves us with a blue chipper DB to take with our first pick.....which is position of need #2 for us

So were going to take a Center and fool everyone right? :)

brimsalabim

Reaction score
JTB":1yfdbtmp said:
Clearly a prove it deal for a player who can play T or G. Interested to see the terms.
We need a player that can play tackle AND IS GOOD at it, not
Another player who struggled at tackle but can play guard! We already have a roster full of this guy.

Josea16

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":efz2xomr said:
Maelstrom787":efz2xomr said:
The FO is taking some serious initiative! This is a Super Bowl year, friends.

I feel it too. Rematch with the pats.

Not yet. We have to see the draft. New England is getting silly good in FA.

Josea16

Reaction score
:rumble:
WmHBonney":2yxqs43b said:
Looking around the league, this isn't such a bad deal.
It's damn good considering the current market. With actual coaching he might be what everyone expected. If it worked for Avril and Bennett why not try it with Cable and the OL? We have to take some risks considering this crazy market. We're better with Joekel already. But we can't be Carolina/San Diego risky. Give me another good or actual elite OL guy then I say 14-2/15-1 and we kick Tom Brady into retirement as he should be.

But they are loaded and we have to nail this draft to catch up to them. We need a serious infusion of playmakers on defense and our offense just to be healthy.

IrishNW

Reaction score
7 million guaranteed....this feels like such a panick move

King Dog

Reaction score
Josea16":1vrq0f7u said:
:rumble:
WmHBonney":1vrq0f7u said:
Looking around the league, this isn't such a bad deal.
It's damn good considering the current market. With actual coaching he might be what everyone expected. If it worked for Avril and Bennett why not try it with Cable and the OL? We have to take some risks considering this crazy market. We're better with Joekel already. But we can't be Carolina/San Diego risky. Give me another good or actual elite OL guy then I say 14-2/15-1 and we kick Tom Brady into retirement as he should be.

But they are loaded and we have to nail this draft to catch up to them. We need a serious infusion of playmakers on defense and our offense just to be healthy.

Avril and Bennett were already good players when they arrived here though.

Jville

Reaction score
IrishNW":2x4oo1ue said:
Blitzer88":2x4oo1ue said:
IrishNW":2x4oo1ue said:

Were did you see that number? Haven't see tat reported yet.

twitter
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/840963316189151232[/tweet]

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Jville":115s0st7 said:
IrishNW":115s0st7 said:
Blitzer88":115s0st7 said:
IrishNW":115s0st7 said:

twitter

Wow. 7 mil guaranteed to a guy coming off mcl, acl and miniscus tear and this is apparently the best OLineman we could land on the market.

A real shame they couldn't have landed another major lineman. I hope they were at least aggressive and estimated the market correctly for Lang and any others they missed out on.

Seymour

Reaction score
Unbelieveable!!! How could they do this with Joeckel when there is a good chance he is not even ready week 1?? And a 1 year deal so this is all or nothing for 2017. :pukeface:

kf3339

Reaction score
Jville":37b0pumd said:
IrishNW":37b0pumd said:
Blitzer88":37b0pumd said:
IrishNW":37b0pumd said:

twitter

Lets see it on an official news article first. I don't believe anything on twitter at all.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Were did you see that number? Haven't see tat reported yet.[/quote]

twitter[/quote][tweet]https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/840963316189151232[/tweet][/quote]

Lets see it on an official news article first. I don't believe anything on twitter at all.[/quote]

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahaw ... guaranteed

Kapadia is the Hawks' ESPN beat writer. It's unfortunately real-7 mil guaranteed.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
So does Seattle just not know to to sign OL? Missed out on Lang, over paid Joekel. I guess they're just use to dealing with players that pretend to be o-line.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Pathetic. This will be a Carry Williams level fail. We sure have struggled in FA the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts