Seahawks signing Luke Joeckel to 1 year deal per NFLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Awesome signing. Talented guy on a one year prove it deal.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
hes a draft bust ...but maybe a change of scenery will help. at least they didnt sign a golf pro to play o line.

Jville

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":aoqr5pbc said:
I really hope they get lang. Joeckel, glow, Britt, lang, ifedi sounds like a huge improvement to me. Add in competition from guys on the roster, and possible draft picks, who knows, could be an average to decent o line. That's really all this team needs.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/839998194079666177[/tweet]

nanomoz

Reaction score
Awesome move. Wow. Low risk, possibly a very high reward if he can heal and learn to utilize his natural ability. There is an outside chance this could be a long-term answer at right tackle. I don't think he'll ever be a good guard. He looked uncomfortable there.

He's 10 years younger than Whitworth, who the Rams just spent a zillion dollars on. His trench explosion is 2.88. Not far off of the ideal 3.0.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/2017-tef-preview-and-tweaking-the-formula

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/report-seahawks-set-to-sign-luke-joeckel

bmorepunk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":smd80xd2 said:
I'd feel better about Joeckel if he hadn't had his MCL/ACL/meniscus repaired last October. That's why the price was so low.

At least he didn't tear his PCL and LCL. <Awkward smile>

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Does he have a friend named Hoeckle?? We need a Hoeckle and Joeckle..... :twisted:

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I'm surprised to see so many people hating on this deal, I love it. An incentive-laden, one-year "prove it" deal for a former top pick looking for redemption. At the very least, we'll get his best swing. Pure upside, I love it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I enjoy the signing. Joeckel has potential and is instantly one of our top linemen. Incentive laden deal gives a low-risk high-reward feel to the deal. They may add another decent prospect in the draft and have a hell of a competition at the tackle spots.

chris98251

Reaction score
This kid has played the O line, he is a high pick and may have played out of position, has an injury that needs to be recovered from, he wants to prove something I am sure, he is better then all our lineman based on performance last year. Instant upgrade.

Even a banged up Pinto that runs is better then that Porsche that doesn't run but is a great conversation piece, or that Yugo that you got cheap but smokes and farts and sometimes stalls that just needs to have the right part replaced to run better.

Your not walking in the Pinto, not bragging either.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3vkzoaan said:
Sgt. Largent":3vkzoaan said:
Lang is visiting next week, I'd be much more excited about that signing. Joeckel's been mediocre at best for the Jags.

I don't disagree with your post but the Jags OL was ranked better than the Seahawks OL last season. https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-this-season/

Mediocre is a upgrade from what the Seahawks had last season.

Their 19th in pass blocking is better than Cable has ever done in his entire career. A mediocre line takes us to the SB last year and rests the defense (less likely to cave late in games / late in year) as well.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Jville":2nl8g8bp said:
Jimjones0384":2nl8g8bp said:
I really hope they get lang. Joeckel, glow, Britt, lang, ifedi sounds like a huge improvement to me. Add in competition from guys on the roster, and possible draft picks, who knows, could be an average to decent o line. That's really all this team needs.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/839998194079666177[/tweet]

Awesome. I have a feeling they will make this happen. They have plenty of space left in the cap. Can you imagine how much signing lang will free the Hawks up in the draft? They can draft bpa, and hopefully restock the cabinets with some good depth, instead of using two or three picks on o linemen.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":xt1i7qk6 said:
nategreat":xt1i7qk6 said:
#2 overall pick in the 2013 draft. Hasn't panned out so far, but I like the move!

Why hasn't he panned out?....#2 overall pick should DOMINATE.
Shitty Coaching maybe?.
BROWNS -----> JAGUARS -----> Career DEAD ENDS IMHO.....Yeah, you can give everything you have to prove your worth there, time goes by, you age, the BEST of your youth is GONE, and with crap Coaching? ....WASTED TALENT.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I want to see HUNGRY IN ACTION in 2017......Good first step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. :2thumbs:

Josea16

Reaction score
An actual offensive lineman that's an interesting way go on the OL. Hopefully they can land Lang also. Regardless the OL is already better then 2016's version.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Man, if they end up pulling Lang... And then get Britt locked up.

I'd be pretty damn excited. Great blend of youth and experience on the line. Vet leadership, but still opportunities for younger guys to "compete" their way into the lineup.

And no desperate need to go OL in the draft (although I still would if a LT prospect like Ramcek/Bolles drops to them)

RiverDog

Reaction score
At least we're doing something besides pay the problem lip service like Pete did last season.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
GLio14":1prx5ico said:
Yuck. That's all I have to say.

.NET Expertise??? Tell us WHY you're down on the signing...."That's All I Have To Say"

Status
Not open for further replies.