lucky49":32g8uaot said:
boldin.gif
:34853_doh:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Marvin49":hhdl3wp5 said:
hawksfansinceday1":hhdl3wp5 said:
Marvin49":hhdl3wp5 said:
...........Harbaugh rebuilt this entire thing.............
C'mon Marv, there was a ton of talent in place when he arrived. Full credit to him for getting that talent to win though.

LOL.

OK...I overstated...didn't mean it quite that way.

Of course the rebuild started with McGloughan and Mike Nolan. Scot was a very good GM and then passed it to Baalke.

The "rebuild" part in terms of my comment had much more to do with coaching and the attitude in the building. The culture if you will.

Yes...MANY of the players were already there.
However, he DID very much build Stanford into a national power from the ground up Marv so no shortchange intended. If I'm Michigan, I give him the farm and the neighbor's farm to get him there.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
OK, so Lucky49 and especially Ninester, let me ask you one question and I'm asking you to respond with a name only............with all things being equal in terms of personnel, systems, etc., if it was your choice which QB would you choose to go forward with, Kaep or Wilson?

MagHawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":hznviv7j said:
hawknation2014":hznviv7j said:
rlkats":hznviv7j said:
Kapernick is a joke i cant stand to watch him always look for the wow play and miss open check downs for positive yards. Im also sick of seeing that idiot dress like a damn rap star. While im on it wtf is up with the lines shaved into his head. Im over him. Love his arm strength and speed but the dude has NOTHING else to offer. Screw the ceiling he reached it. And now is crashing back to earth. All this weapons and this is what he does. I dont give a crap about the pkay calling. You can change plays from what you see but i forgot he still can not read a D.

Alien lobotomy?

100114-hair-th.jpg

Richard Sherman's autograph.

He's the QB formally known as Colin Kaepernick.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The correct label for that GIF is "lucky Earl didn't intercept that which he would have 9/10 times otherwise"; look at his positioning on that play. Sheer luck that it didn't get picked or deflected.

candyman4881

Reaction score
As someone who has seen my team (the Rams) beat and get beaten by the Seahawks and 49ers under Wilson and Kaepernick, I believe it is very difficult to compare both QBs because they are so different. However, if you had to put a gun to my head to pick one over the other, I would pick Wilson for a few reasons:
- Wilson can and will go through multiple reads to find a WR
- In my opinion, Wilson is the smarter QB as he rarely tries to force a throw and does not make many mistakes
- Kaepernick has declined over the last few years in performance (especially given the weapons he has on offense) where I believe Wilson is trending up

That being said, I don't think Wilson as an elite QB, I think he is a good QB that can make plays with his feet and over time opens up receivers with his scrambling ability. I think Kaepernick could be a good QB in this league, however I believe scheme wise and coaching is not there for him currently. I would like to see what Wilson could do with Crabtree, Boldin, Johnson, Lloyd, and Vernon Davis at WR and TE. Vice versa, I would like to see what Kaepernick would do with Seattle's WR and TE corps.

I am a subscriber to Pro Football Focus, and comparing all of the QBs this year, Wilson is at #15 and Kaepernick is #27.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
NINEster":hnusc084 said:
It's really quite annoying to sit here and take this rape of our QB Kaepernick because:

a) He hasn't won a SB
b) Wilson has

Yet, you'd think just based on those two factors here that Wilson is miles better than Kaepernick. In my honest non homer opinion, I don't see Wilson as that much better than Kaepernick. I see Wilson as better than Kap when you have the elements going for you (because in a tight playoff game against a top defense he will make less mistakes). But when you do NOT.....then clearly to me, one QB is better than the other (CK > RW -- see 2013 NFCC where Lynch had 100+ and Gore/Hunter had 30 yards, 3 turnovers to 1, and still the game came down to the final few plays).

Wilson is smarter than Kaepernick and more risk adverse. Nice. But so is Alex Smith compared to most QBs in this league (even more than Wilson), and nobody is ready to anoint our former QB as a HOF signal caller.

Kaepernik did have the best of everything in 2012, and guess what? He was looked at as a superstar far more than Russell Wilson ever has (even after losing the SB, people had high projections for Kap....Wilson was just a decent QB in people's minds). Even after Wilson won the damn Bowl, people still thought "he's a good QB, but not a game changer." Kap that 2012 post season was a different story. He opened the 2013 and 2014 seasons looking like a dominant QB. When was the last time Wilson "lit up" a team?

So my point is that we've seen the high from both QBs, and Kap has inspired a higher ceiling in the minds of most non 49er/non Seahawk fans.

When s*** has gotten real, Wilson has done more with less through his greater experience as a pro-system QB and better instincts. He makes less mistakes and is ok with checking it down -- two things that we wish Kap was better at. But let's not forget that Wilson has had some s*** games this season and last. Big difference is that Marshawn Lynch has always been there to save the game, and when he has not -- the Seahawks have LOST games.

A lot of us Niner fans are quick to criticize our QB, but Seahawk fans have almost unanimously given Wilson this Joe Montana carte blanche approval for everything he does. Yet being realistic, he's had an amazing support system perhaps even more than Alex Smith had in 2011 -- a stronger running game, and possibly a better defense.

Kap has been up and down, but he was possibly CLOSE to winning the NFC championship game last year for all of his flaws. Fortunately Seahawk fans don't have to play the "what if" game but how would they have felt if SF won that game? Would that awesome strip sack fumble on Wilson's first play of scrimmage been put under a s*** load of scrutiny?

Griffin, Newton, Kaepernick.......their teams have dealt with major issues in running game and defense due to roster turnover and injuries. Seattle has benefitted a ton. Wilson makes things happen. Props.

But this garbage that he's elite is hilarious. He's not there yet. You think Kaepernick is still a limited passer? So is Wilson. He's still a read option/rely on Lynch/make a few backyard style plays type QB. Plus he has an OC that calls screen passes.

I will fight the good fight until CK proves me otherwise (i.e. stinking it up with a new OC and the same talent he has now) . There's so much involved with an offense's success that you can't always pin in it on the QB. Eli Manning has at times looked like the greatest QB ever, and other times like Mark Sanchez in his worst moments. People want to talk sh*** about him but if he was truly as bad as people say he is, the 49ers would have easily went to the Super Bowl in 2011 and maybe beat the Patriots. In that regard, I see a lot of similarities between Eli and Colin.

I've tracked the stats all 2014 -- Kap throws 50 yards more than Wilson a game, and the Seahawks generate about 50 yards more rushing per game.

If the 49ers had the 2006-2009 Frank Gore in the backfield, they'd already have at least one Lombardi under Harbaugh. The dude produced regardless of his circumstances. Just like Lynch is RIGHT NOW.

The saga continues. We'll know more about Wilson vs. Kaepernick after a year or two. Still not over yet.

I'm not one that feels Wilson is elite just yet but I do believe if he had the weapons Kaep has had the overall opinion of him would be he is. That really is the comparison you need to make, not trying to nit pick individual situations that suit your argument.

If you have the talent around you that Kaep has and the only thing you can come up with is the OC is the problem then you really need to review your bias. Most current QB's in the league, back up and starter would improve on what Kaep is doing with that crew not matter who the OC is.

I do believe you guys would have at least one trophy if Alex Smith was not replaced. One current trophy that is.

rideaducati

Reaction score
lucky49":508ofix6 said:

Oh lookie, another poor decision where Kaepernick got lucky. The all 22 shows two wide open guys and Kaep throws to Boldin who was covered.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The only reason Kaepernick was thought of as the next great thing is because of the media's insistence that they know who that is and his measurables.

The Seahawks coaching staff hasn't increased Wilson's pass attempts per game, so nobody knows what Russell is really capable of.

The niners have increased Kaep's pass attempts and he looks awful.

Take all the time you need to figure out Kaepernick sucks. I hope the niners take a long time too.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":y4sdaexr said:
Marv, go back and watch 2012 Kaepernick again. Everything I said is and was true. Kaep only threw the ball to wide open receivers and RARELY made it to his second read. His throws were off target and his receivers bailed him out. The receivers rarely had yards after the catch because Kaep was off target and they were usually standing still when they caught the ball.

The Thanksgiving game we saw Kaepernick throw a lot of 20+ yard passes and ALL OF THEM were off target as usual. On just about every pass play, we saw Kaepernick staring at ONE receiver so the Seahawk DBs were leaving other receivers and breaking off to go where Kaep was looking...it worked because Kaep CAN'T go through progressions. There were A LOT of wide open receivers that Kaep didn't ever look at and A LOT of passes to blanketed receivers.

As for the play action not being utilized, I think teams don't respect the predictable run game anymore. The niners are passing A LOT more than in years past with a QB that isn't accurate and doesn't make good decisions. Teams are playing zone against Kaep, but disguising it as man and the niner coaching staff knows Kaep doesn't read defenses well enough to be able to make a play fake, turn around and make the right decision. He doesn't make the right decision without the play fake, and you expect him to with one? Not gonna happen.

Whatever happens with Kaepernick, you will NEVER see him win as much as he has again because he will NEVER have a defense or running game as good as he has had up to this point.

LOL.

If you say so.

pehawk

Reaction score
Did you really "LOL" Marvin? Like, an audible laugh, that could've been heard if you we're amongst friends?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":272u6p44 said:
rideaducati":272u6p44 said:
Marv, go back and watch 2012 Kaepernick again. Everything I said is and was true. Kaep only threw the ball to wide open receivers and RARELY made it to his second read. His throws were off target and his receivers bailed him out. The receivers rarely had yards after the catch because Kaep was off target and they were usually standing still when they caught the ball.

The Thanksgiving game we saw Kaepernick throw a lot of 20+ yard passes and ALL OF THEM were off target as usual. On just about every pass play, we saw Kaepernick staring at ONE receiver so the Seahawk DBs were leaving other receivers and breaking off to go where Kaep was looking...it worked because Kaep CAN'T go through progressions. There were A LOT of wide open receivers that Kaep didn't ever look at and A LOT of passes to blanketed receivers.

As for the play action not being utilized, I think teams don't respect the predictable run game anymore. The niners are passing A LOT more than in years past with a QB that isn't accurate and doesn't make good decisions. Teams are playing zone against Kaep, but disguising it as man and the niner coaching staff knows Kaep doesn't read defenses well enough to be able to make a play fake, turn around and make the right decision. He doesn't make the right decision without the play fake, and you expect him to with one? Not gonna happen.

Whatever happens with Kaepernick, you will NEVER see him win as much as he has again because he will NEVER have a defense or running game as good as he has had up to this point.

LOL.

If you say so.

Not just me cupcake. Don't blame me for your inability to objectively see through whine colored glasses.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
rideaducati":18uqdt76 said:
Marvin49":18uqdt76 said:
rideaducati":18uqdt76 said:

LOL.

If you say so.

Not just me cupcake. Don't blame me for your inability to objectively see through whine colored glasses.

He's laughing at your ability to predict the future.

Next year our defense should be better than this year.

And this year our defense is actually pretty good.

Kaepernick needs to GO. I see us drafting a good pocket passing QB early next year.

Largent80

Reaction score
Kaepernick needs to GO. I see us drafting a good pocket passing QB early next year.[/quote]

Hahahaha, after giving your "future" a huge contract. You guys are in full meltdown mode.

And "drafting a pocket QB" is going to save your sinking ship.....OMG, thanks for the LULZ.

Marvin49

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":5tnehrmd said:
rideaducati":5tnehrmd said:
Marvin49":5tnehrmd said:
rideaducati":5tnehrmd said:

LOL.

If you say so.

Kaepernick needs to GO. I see us drafting a good pocket passing QB early next year.

Not gonna happen.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":lzfi8i3e said:
Oh Marvin. I hope you never change. (you won't)

Am I wrong?

Do you expect them to cut ties with Kap this offseason and draft a QB high?

Come on now.

rideaducati

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":37vj1jeu said:
rideaducati":37vj1jeu said:
Marvin49":37vj1jeu said:
rideaducati":37vj1jeu said:

LOL.

If you say so.

I doubt that the niner defense will be better next year. The older guys are still your best players and they'll be even older next year. Plus, last I checked, Baalke will still be making the choices in the draft. I'm willing to bet that the niner defense is worse next season. Hell, I'd bet the entire team is worse next year.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
Largent80":1z120ork said:
FriscosFinest":1z120ork said:

Hahahaha, after giving your "future" a huge contract. You guys are in full meltdown mode.

And "drafting a pocket QB" is going to save your sinking ship.....OMG, thanks for the LULZ.

LOL.

shows how much you know about the contract.

if you ever have free time, go look up and see how team-friendly the contract is. we're not sinking genius.

how are we in full meltdown mode when we're still in the playoff hunt? wrong bay area team..LOL

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
rideaducati":25zuqubu said:
I doubt that the niner defense will be better next year. The older guys are still your best players and they'll be even older next year. Plus, last I checked, Baalke will still be making the choices in the draft. I'm willing to bet that the niner defense is worse next season. Hell, I'd bet the entire team is worse next year.

worse?

you guys said we'd have a terrible defense this year WITH bowman/willis/aldon/whitner/rodgers/brown gone.

we're still top 5. not sure how we can get much worse when we're getting healthier.. but OK

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
Marvin49":21i33432 said:
Not gonna happen.

obviously. we're not letting kaep go.

but we are drafting a QB this year in the top 3 rounds. THAT im willing to bet.

Latest posts