Serious Question for 49ers Fans

Marvin49

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":3c1jusbm said:
Marvin49":3c1jusbm said:
Not gonna happen.

obviously. we're not letting kaep go.

but we are drafting a QB this year in the top 3 rounds. THAT im willing to bet.

Highly doubt it...

...unless they get a good pick for Harbaugh/Brooks or anyone else they trade (which I also doubt).

I agree they need a QB, but mostly as a backup. Gabbert won't be here. I just can't see them use one of those high picks on a QB with so many needs at SPEED WR, RB (Gore likely gone and that'll leave only Hyde and Hunter), possibly TE and depending on whom they resign, CB.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The question is will Vic Fangio be back because without him I think your defense will be much worse. Fangio IMO is the best thing going for you right now. Ballke will be quickly exposed if he leaves.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
RichNhansom":akqwtoua said:
The question is will Vic Fangio be back because without him I think your defense will be much worse. Fangio IMO is the best thing going for you right now. Ballke will be quickly exposed if he leaves.

100% agreed. although I do think we have the players that suit a more aggressive defensive play style.

oh and marvin, please no more early round speed receivers. I cant go through that again..

Marvin49

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":23x8clzv said:
RichNhansom":23x8clzv said:

100% agreed. although I do think we have the players that suit a more aggressive defensive play style.

oh and marvin, please no more early round speed receivers. I cant go through that again..

LOL. "The ghost of AJ".

They need speed out there. Its one of the biggest things they are lacking. They have a big armed QB and nobody who can separate or get downfield. Crab likely gone leaving Boldin and Stevie...two shall we say "speed challenged" WRs.

As for Richs point...yeah, we can't afford to lose Vic.

He really has never been super popular as a HC candidate in the past...hoping it stays that way.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
Marvin49":8pgxer0f said:
FriscosFinest":8pgxer0f said:
RichNhansom":8pgxer0f said:

LOL. "The ghost of AJ".

They need speed out there. Its one of the biggest things they are lacking. They have a big armed QB and nobody who can separate or get downfield. Crab likely gone leaving Boldin and Stevie...two shall we say "speed challenged" WRs.

He really has never been super popular as a HC candidate in the past...hoping it stays that way.

stevie has speed! not ELITE speed, but he's easily our fastest WR. separation isnt as much the WRs fault as it is the QBs. even if we had open receivers going downfield, kaep wouldnt even see them.

if we gave green bay our WR's, im sure they would be doing just fine to say the least.

Marvin49

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":33z4kkk3 said:
Marvin49":33z4kkk3 said:
FriscosFinest":33z4kkk3 said:
RichNhansom":33z4kkk3 said:

LOL. "The ghost of AJ".

stevie has speed! not ELITE speed, but he's easily our fastest WR. separation isnt as much the WRs fault as it is the QBs. even if we had open receivers going downfield, kaep wouldnt even see them.

if we gave green bay our WR's, im sure they would be doing just fine to say the least.

?

We'll agree to disagree on that one.

He might be one of the better route runners in the NFL, but he's never had speed. That's one of the reasons the Bills got him later in the draft.

The Niners need REAL speed. Even just the THREAT of Speed. Randy Moss created tons of space just because of the threat of his speed..and he was a shadow of his former self. Hell, even Delanie Walker opened things up. They are totally lacking speed at WR and it needs to be addressed.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
If you can't see the melt down in progress then you are in pure denial. But then your fan base has been known for that.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Marvin49":32ldd2yu said:
.......LOL. "The ghost of AJ".......
We get that here. We have the ghost of Percy.

BTW guys, I know this is an excellent site, but it does say "Seahawks.Net", not "49ers.Net". Maybe mix in a few "Hawks suck" or "Wilson's a midget" kind of things in your breakdown of what's gonna happen to your team in the offseason, their needs, etc. It'll make us feel like you actually realize you're on a Seahawks fan site.

:sarcasm_off: (sorta)

olyfan63

Reaction score
NINEster":3vvmgn2c said:
It's really quite annoying to sit here and take this rape of our QB Kaepernick because:
a) He hasn't won a SB
b) Wilson has
<snip>
But this garbage that (Wilson) is elite is hilarious. He's not there yet. You think Kaepernick is still a limited passer? So is Wilson. He's still a read option/rely on Lynch/make a few backyard style plays type QB. Plus he has an OC that calls screen passes.
<snip>
If the 49ers had the 2006-2009 Frank Gore in the backfield, they'd already have at least one Lombardi under Harbaugh. The dude produced regardless of his circumstances. Just like Lynch is RIGHT NOW.

The saga continues. We'll know more about Wilson vs. Kaepernick after a year or two. Still not over yet.

I found myself agreeing, or at least not vehemently disagreeing, with about 80% of what you said. Fair enough for a Niner fan, I say. Niners very possibly would have Lombardi #6 with a Gore in his prime during Harbaugh's first couple-three years.

When it comes to Wilson, well, go back and watch his college highlights on YouTube, and you will see the ultimate gunslinger QB. In the pros, he's only been asked to do that a handful of times by Carroll & Co. When Russell's been asked to throw the ball all over the lot, he's had success. Last year, he brought us back from 21-0 down vs. Tampa Bay at home. He had an epic 2nd half of passing vs. Atlanta in the 2012 playoffs, brought us all the way back from 20-0 down to 28-27 ahead with 31 seconds left, only to have the 'Hawks defense give an outright gift to Atlanta.

This year, you would be "sort of" right, but totally wrong, mainly because the issue is that Russell has no real go-to receivers, and has very limited chemistry with the current set of receivers overall. When he had Sidney Rice and Golden Tate AND Doug Baldwin AND Zach Miller, he had 4 good options to look at each play. Miller was *huge* in that Atlanta game I mentioned.

This year, Wilson basically has Doug Baldwin, and that's it. No Rice, Tate, Miller. Weapons #1, #2, and #4, GONE. So Wilson's probably not going to light up the passing game unless a couple receivers really emerge and get hot, like our raw rooks Richardson and Norwood. And without a good array of receiving threats to go to, Wilson's not as scary of a passer. So he uses what he does have available this year, his legs, to run us into first downs. It winds up demoralizing many opponents, honestly, especially in 4th quarter crunch time, where he's won several games with his legs this year. However, he's failed several times this year with opportunities to deliver a the late game-winning drive. If we get Russell some better receiving threats next year, though, look out for our passing game.

Before SB48, it just floored me that nobody was talking about how was Denver going to stop our passing game with their banged-up secondary. It was a huge, clear, pre-game mismatch most "experts" ignored. Denver did pretty much shut down Beastmode and our running game. And look how much good it did them. With our passing game and Russell's running, it wasn't even that much of a game.