Sherm doubtful next week for Atlanta, maybe more games

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":28xlb65g said:
It's so unlikely but man if Atlanta can shock the world, and Sherman and Ford out for the Rams game, the Niners could actually miss the playoffs. As crazy as that sounds.
Atlanta could make this their playoff game..Jones with over 200?
I see a shoot out happening with that Atlanta D though.
It will be fun for the fantasy fans.

Stanley

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1v7jrlfx said:
Ramfan128":1v7jrlfx said:
It's so unlikely but man if Atlanta can shock the world, and Sherman and Ford out for the Rams game, the Niners could actually miss the playoffs. As crazy as that sounds.

Lol, just as likely as the Seahawks losing to the Panthers.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Stanley":2defdoos said:
IndyHawk":2defdoos said:
Ramfan128":2defdoos said:

Lol, just as likely as the Seahawks losing to the Panthers.
Falcons are playing a lot better than the Panthers right now.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2jcqz4cf said:
They have the tiebreaker over any team they could finish the same record with except Seattle. So this comment basically means you think the Niners are going to be a wildcard?

I'm taking things one game at a time with the Rams, so I'm just hoping to get a win this week against Dallas. If we do, I'll have some hope against the Niners - but reality is, I've been trying to forge a path to the playoffs that included a loss in week 16 - very unlikely we win that game. Just a bad match up for us. But even if the Rams did beat the Niners, you can still win the division with a win this week against a bad Falcons team and then a win against Seattle in week 17.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they dropped two of their last three. Predicting individual games gets too much into a horse race for me, but with the state of their defense I'm not even looking past the Falcons at all -- people think they suck because for the first half of the season they really did suck, but they've won three of their last five and really not been bad for awhile now.

People are blaming the Saints running all over the field on the 9ers defense on it being the Saints, and while that's part of it, the big story was the practice squad players they're forced to start on defense (Marcel Harris, Azeez Al-Shahir) just getting dunked on over and over and over again. With Sherman, K'wuan Williams (two of PFFs top 10 graded CBs this year, if that means something too you) and DJ Jones (the only NT on the roster) out now too I just think there's a real chance it's not going to be pretty.

I'd still say 2-1 is *slightly* more likely than 1-2, but not by nearly as much as people want to think it is.

The Rams and Falcons have both looked really good recently (the Rams for the last two weeks in particular).

Popeyejones

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2hz5boil said:
]
Falcons are playing a lot better than the Panthers right now.

Oh boy yeah they are. In the last month the Falcons have beaten the Panthers twice by a combined score of 69-23. :lol: :lol:

That doesn't really stand out for Panthers (they're 1-6 since the bye) because they're sucking that bad most weeks, but no way you can make an apples to apples comparison between those two teams right now.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Popeyejones":82kdmfi0 said:
SoulfishHawk":82kdmfi0 said:
As usual, Sherm is never in the wrong. He's been nothing but class his whole career and has never called out teammates or coaches.
Better?

As usual, anything that's not complete and total fealty to the glory that is St. Russell is worthy of excommunication for impure thoughts and eventual beheading.

Best?
Pretty good! But a little overly religious. These days, in this kinder gentler world, those guilty of thought crimes towards Chairman Russell get sent to a "re-education camp", with daily canings instead of one-and-done beheading. Death by caning is the normal method for those who are unable or unwilling to be reformed and rehabilitated. Sanitizing the guillotine between uses is too time-consuming.

Yours was better, though. All mine had going for it was being practical and modern. Thank you Singapore.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yes, the Falcons have been playing well, like they want to keep Dan Quinn as their coach. I am expecting the Falcons to give the Niners a solid competitive game. I do expect the Niners to come out on top. Falcons would have to have some unusual luck, like a pick 6 with a 14-point swing, and a special teams TD, to prevail. I don't see that happening.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
olyfan63":3iyjx80y said:
Popeyejones":3iyjx80y said:
SoulfishHawk":3iyjx80y said:
As usual, Sherm is never in the wrong. He's been nothing but class his whole career and has never called out teammates or coaches.
Better?

As usual, anything that's not complete and total fealty to the glory that is St. Russell is worthy of excommunication for impure thoughts and eventual beheading.

Best?
Pretty good! But a little overly religious. These days, in this kinder gentler world, those guilty of thought crimes towards Chairman Russell get sent to a "re-education camp", with daily canings instead of one-and-done beheading. Death by caning is the normal method for those who are unable or unwilling to be reformed and rehabilitated. Sanitizing the guillotine between uses is too time-consuming.

Yours was better, though. All mine had going for it was being practical and modern. Thank you Singapore.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:irishdrinkers: