Sidney Rice

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":kv77eorf said:
Hawkfan77":kv77eorf said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":kv77eorf said:
Because his story is not sad. If you think Sidney Rice's situation is sad it is because you are blind to the world around you. Dude got injured after he got a ring and made his money. That isn't even sad within the NFL bubble.
So you don't care at all that a guy who's worked his whole life to get a certain point in his professional can no longer do what he loves because his body was destroyed in the process all because of his worth?

Not quite stepping on a landmine in Iraq. His body isn't destroyed either. He tore an ACL. It is an injury 16 year olds get playing soccer and recover from.

More importantly, he can play football every day for the rest of his life. In fact, he never HAS to do anything else.
Thank you for grounding us and telling us sports don't matter... :roll:

You are the ONLY person to compare Rice not being able to play to tragedy. I'm sorry that you are unable to separate the differences and that you are not able to understand what was actually meant in reference to Rice.

HHHTGT

Reaction score
I would love to see Sidney come back, not only because he tweeted he yesterday, but because dude can flat out ball when he's healthy.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
cacksman":1klysvsb said:
Hawkfan77":1klysvsb said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":1klysvsb said:
Because his story is not sad. If you think Sidney Rice's situation is sad it is because you are blind to the world around you. Dude got injured after he got a ring and made his money. That isn't even sad within the NFL bubble.
So you don't care at all that a guy who's worked his whole life to get a certain point in his professional can no longer do what he loves because his body was destroyed in the process all because of his worth?

I'm doing a ridiculous eye roll at you now.
You must tell me what that looks like.

How is it different to say, a regular eye roll?

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Merely refuting your points.

You stated he can do longer do what he loves...which isn't true.

You also stated that his body is destroyed...which it isn't.

The reference was refutation toward the latter not the fact that it is a tragedy, although it does put sports in perspective.

My overriding point is that his story is not sad. The poster can feel sad, of course, but his story is a great success.

kobebryant

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":12ybreui said:
Man, I feel sorry for him.

I do too. He has always seemed like a rounded dude with high spirits though.

But yes, it would suck to work your who life on a game you love and have injuries limit the amount of time you spend on the field. No football players dreams of, or enjoys, spending more time in the training room than between the lines. I had to stop college hoops after two years due to back issues; still got a degree and play recreationaly, but it was frustrating to deal with - I feel for the dude no doubt. Felt for Marcus Tubbs too, and many others.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Man I worked my whole life and had my knee blown out in college, 20 million dollars would have made it a lot better. Nobody should feel sorry for me or him, you prepare for it happen the day you start playing.
Rice never earned the contract he signed up for in Seattle there is a fact for you. He gave up on plenty of passes and routes as well. He wasn't a great run blocker, and never the threat in the end zone he was suppose to be. Running in a straight line is easy on a bum knee, so his forty doesn't mean squat either.

joeshaney

Reaction score
What a silly thread. Some of the comments are LOL over the top dumb.
Nothing wrong with sympathizing.
Money ain't a thing for Rice, but being injured all the time and kept from playing the game he's dedicated much of guys life to is a bummer. Land mine or no land mine.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Who knows...maybe the stem cell treatment is kicking ass and the knee is good, if not great. The Swiss have their sh*t together. One day we might, too.

With that...Rice is a very good receiver. He makes the highlight reel catches but he also falls down after every catch (or non catch). Rice just loves him some turf.

He is not a great blocker and also has momentary lapses of reason from time to time. Stretching an unprotected ball across an imaginary 1st down line comes to mind.

I like Rice but at this point he's a huge risk and I couldn't see anything more than a 3 mil, 1 year deal for him. If he will settle for that, I'd hope for us to retain him (upon passing his physical). If he stays healthy and performs, he may be worth twice that in '15. So 9 mil over the next 2 years and a shot at another ring? Could be much worse (for both sides).

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":5izvttoq said:
cacksman":5izvttoq said:
Hawkfan77":5izvttoq said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":5izvttoq said:

I'm doing a ridiculous eye roll at you now.
You must tell me what that looks like.

How is it different to say, a regular eye roll?
anigif_enhanced-buzz-17013-1377620194-0.gif

drdiags

Reaction score
I still say Rice should kick Bevell in the behind. Trying to boot the QB on the 1/2 yard line against the Rams when you have Beastmode for a couple of shots. Didn't help that Wilson runs into the back of his legs while he is trying to block for this abomination of a playcall.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
BOOK IT! Rice will sign with New England, assuming his knee passes the physical. He is a exactly the kind of player NE looks to pick up on the sly (see Randy Moss). Dude is 27 yrs. old with a lot of gas left in the tank. Smart, humble, athletic, silky-smooth receiver with terrific hands and excellent body control.

The Brady/Rice combo will be one of the most prolific next year. If you all have dynasty leagues that allow off-season transactions, I would put in a sneaky waiver claim RIGHT NOW and look like a FF god next season. As George Zimmer would say, "I guarantee it".

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":2hsz7ae6 said:
BOOK IT! Rice will sign with New England, assuming his knee passes the physical. He is a exactly the kind of player NE looks to pick up on the sly (see Randy Moss). Dude is 27 yrs. old with a lot of gas left in the tank. Smart, humble, athletic, silky-smooth receiver with terrific hands and excellent body control.

The Brady/Rice combo will be one of the most prolific next year. If you all have dynasty leagues that allow off-season transactions, I would put in a sneaky waiver claim RIGHT NOW and look like a FF god next season. As George Zimmer would say, "I guarantee it".

That actually would be a really good fit for him, especially since their WRs sucked last year. He would be a huge upgrade.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":3eje9di7 said:

I will take the under and any side bet you want.

Latest posts