So who do want to play the Pack or the Lions??

kobebryant

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1a48m6qq said:
kobebryant":1a48m6qq said:
FlyingGreg":1a48m6qq said:
That's your opinion.

What I take issue with is you insinuating that I was lying.

Lying? Huh? Weird response. Never insuated you were lying, you are just crazy for thinking we have a chance vs GB.

My opinion is based on watching GB beat our ass sideways a few weeks ago. They have our number.

Opinions in this thread are entirely subjective. I said I want them to face the Packers, why dismiss my response as not being my actual thoughts?

Ok, Sigmund Freud. :2thumbs:

You are entitled to want to face the Packers.

I would rather not face them until we have to.

I have brought substantive reasons why (they own us right now), you haven't provided a reason as to why you think that's a good match-up for us.

So, why do you want to play them?

We have their number at Clink, Rodgers becomes a marginal QB here, McCarthy gets really weird with his decision making here, I highly respect them and what they're capable of. But fear no team, especially when the Hawks plain don't lose playoff games at home.

But I sincerely apologize for the nature of any of my above posts, it's been a really crappy few weeks for me and I reacted poorly to someone being curt and dismissive of what I thought was a fairly innocuous and objective opinion. I suppose with my current level of sensitivity an internet message board isn't the best place for me.

OP
OP
BigBill1945

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2k4vh6ak said:
BigBill1945":2k4vh6ak said:
Siouxhawk":2k4vh6ak said:
BigBill1945":2k4vh6ak said:
I would love to be able to see us beat up the Pack. However, I would probably take the Lions. Either one will not be a cake walk.
Ummmm, neither one is a cake walk. Seriously? But yeah, I'd rather see Golden Taint and the Lions in the WC round,

So what are you trying to say here again??? Do you understand the term "cake walk"? I would bet not. Why can't you just answer the question I posed without being a smart ass?
My apology. I thought I read your post as either being a cake walk, which we obviously could never claim this year.

Apology accepted. Thanks.

RCATES

Reaction score
Does it really matter? Packers Offense will destroy our suddenly average defense. Lions D-Line will get pressure on RW all day. If we're lucky enough to escape and make the next round lol at this team winning @ Atlanta with no Earl Thomas. It will get ugly fast.

chris98251

Reaction score
I love it when you guys kiss and make up and sing Kum By yah .

Makes me have hope in our members working thru discussions.

Thanks !

Chris

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Lions. Mainly 'cause Green Bay has TONS of payback for us, and their fans would love it way too much if they beat the snot out of us on our home turf.

minormillikin

Reaction score
What does it matter? If we get the Lions and win, we'll be facing Packers or Falcons or Cowboys anyway.

It's going to take a series of miracles to get to the super bowl, and the miracles might as well start against the Packers next weekend.

And if we're not making the Super Bowl, who cares if we're one and done?

NJlargent

Reaction score
Packers should be about a 4.5 point favorite over us. Probably will not open that way but will certainly switch heavily in Green Bay's favor after early betting.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I honestly don't think it matters at this point unfortunately.
We would get smoked by the Pack - maybe Russell will throw 6 Int's this time?
Rodgers will pick on Lane and Shead all game long with no Earl.
We may squeak by the Lions - that would be a close game.
Even if they win though you are only delaying the inevitable for a week where they will get absolutely pasted by the Falcons.
The Hawks are a pretty good team that is trending downwards. Changes need to be made.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Really at this point it really just doesn't seem to matter anymore. I can see us beating any team but I also can see anyone beating us, even at home. I haven't seen anything close to that team that flew into New England about a month and half ago. Everything just seems moot right now. Mentally going game to game mode from here on out.

James in PA

Reaction score
Lions at Seahawks has Saturday afternoon game written all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nash72

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. Either will probably drum us up.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Packers are significantly better than Detroit. Let Rodgers play anywhere other than our house

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Packers

To me, the idea of being afraid of an opponent is just unnecessary stress. Are we trying to win it all or not? We thought we'd beat the Cardinal we didn't. We thought we'd beat the Bucs and we didn't. And yet we beat the Patriots and the Falcons

This team plays up to competition. If the Lions lose, I would not be "shocked" if they beat us. This is the NFL. I would however expect to beat the Packers on our own turf. We'll bring out A game

chris98251

Reaction score
So are you watching Rodgers and his Belt taunt after that last throw, I want them, but I want them when we are healthy. 10 seconds to throw that damn ball or so.

OP
OP
BigBill1945

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Looks a lot like it will be the Lions. I am glad we are not playing the Pack after watching this game. Rogers has a great offensive line. Can you imagine if we had a line like the Pack?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I'm torn over this. While the Lions look to be the obvious and easy choice, the Packers are hemorrhaging secondary players, and a revenge game may have us much more fired up and firing on all cylinders than a game against the Lions.

Many times, a second meeting in the playoffs goes far differently than the first game went. If I recall correctly, we smashed the Vikings earlier in the same year we almost lost to them in the Playoffs.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
You would think Packers after they lost three cornerbacks. However, knowing our coordinator, he will think that GB expects that and thus he'll avoid throwing against their decimated CB core. Seriously, Bevell is like Vizzini from the Princess Bride.

"Now, a clever man would go after you depleted secondary because he would know that only a great fool would try to run with this offensive line. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose to go after you secondary. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose to try and run it.

"Choose a strategy"

"I already have you fool, I'm going to try and run against your d-line while forgetting about your depleted secondary. Ahhh ahhhahah hahhhhaa....[keels over dead/fired after Seattle is one and done in the playoffs]

5l6wa

Decimation

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3a7xwd2q said:
Many times, a second meeting in the playoffs goes far differently than the first game went. If I recall correctly, we smashed the Vikings earlier in the same year we almost lost to them in the Playoffs.

Exactly. Just like the home opener against Green Bay when we dominated them 36-16 the year after we won the Super Bowl, but nearly lost to them in the NFC Championship.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":42cjqwn7 said:
I'm torn over this. While the Lions look to be the obvious and easy choice, the Packers are hemorrhaging secondary players, and a revenge game may have us much more fired up and firing on all cylinders than a game against the Lions.

Absolutely true and valid, but I would still rather play the lions. We are not the world beaters we have been the last few years, we need some luck and help this year. Doable, but not probable without help. We will still have an inexperienced and second class line running a ZBS while the OC thinks long developing plays or runs up the middle are the best strategy while having the above described line. Rather than the coaching scheming to hide our deficiencies, their strategy is to highlight them. Luck baby Luck is what we need this year, and the poorest opponents available.