So who ends up trading for Sherman

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
It all depends on Sherman's criteria for 'contender.' Not so sure he would go to a division rival just to get back at the media. That sounds ridiculous. I'm thinking his better half wants him to move to warmer climes, and AWAY from the seemingly constant rain; possibly Phoenix but not for the revenge angle some are speculating about.

Just a year ago, I would have been dead set against letting him go. His comments to the media didn't really affect me one way or the other, but when he sneered, and characterized his discussion with Pete as "kumbaya," I could only think things were headed downhill...not to mention the public disrespect for a HC that has done so much for the team and players.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2kwk26da said:
He has no say so in where he goes. IF he was demanding a trade, send him to Cleveland

Haven't you heard? According to Sherm, if we don't trade him to a contender that he approves, he will not "cooperate". :roll:

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1vmnk6l7 said:
He really does think he controls everything. Full of yourself much?

Yep. He controls it all. What plays we call on both sides of the ball, who reports here and their job, where he goes in any trade, what days the NFL plays their games, and pretty much everything with the exception of his ego and temper. :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":24xftagc said:
He has no say so in where he goes. IF he was demanding a trade, send him to Cleveland

I think this is exactly how it went down.

Richard is for whatever reason unhappy now, so he asked for a trade..........and John and Pete said OK but it's going to be on our terms.

Which I imagine is a lot for the asking price, which is probably why in the end he won't be traded. But if Sherman is, it'll be on our terms and for our asking price.

If not? Then Richard is just going to have to somehow learn how to survive in the beautiful city of Seattle with the best fans in the NFL playing for a perennial SB caliber team making 11M a year. WHY GOD WHY!!!???

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, he has it SO bad here. Not only making a ridiculous amount of $, but on a team that has won consistently the entire time he has been here. Must be rough

nash72

Reaction score
He played a big part in making the team as good as some of you think it is. Yeah, send him to Cleveland and watch how great the defense will be. We've been searching for a corner to compliment Sherman for years now. It'll be great when we're searching for two of them. Pete's already allowed the inmates to run the asylum, so now he needs to sit back and deal with it. If we have any hope of winning another SB with these core players, Sherman needs to stay.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not only is he going to stay, Hawks are gonna' draft Kevin King in the 1st round. That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it :irishdrinkers:

Seymour

Reaction score
nash72":2v4j4bnu said:
He played a big part in making the team as good as some of you think it is. Yeah, send him to Cleveland and watch how great the defense will be. We've been searching for a corner to compliment Sherman for years now. It'll be great when we're searching for two of them. Pete's already allowed the inmates to run the asylum, so now he needs to sit back and deal with it. If we have any hope of winning another SB with these core players, Sherman needs to stay.

And yet we have yet to draft a corner above the 4th round in this attempt.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":4qixkhuz said:
Not only is he going to stay, Hawks are gonna' draft Kevin King in the 1st round. That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it :irishdrinkers:
Now you're cooking with butter, that would great IMHO. :2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":3opv6a4w said:
nash72":3opv6a4w said:

You are both correct. I've thought #2 CB has been a problem spot even with Maxwell, less so with him though.

Assuming we keep Sherm, besides finding CB #2, they need QUALITY depth at both CB and Safety and this is the draft to do it. Injuries and age have started creeping up on the secondary. Would love a King-Sidney Jones combo if they can get Jones in the third round and red shirt him while he heals up, plus another quality DB. I think whomever they pick, they need to nail this draft at corner and safety, if they do, the SB window stays open for a few more years IMHO.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ihgn2p6 said:
Seymour":1ihgn2p6 said:
nash72":1ihgn2p6 said:

You are both correct. I've thought #2 CB has been a problem spot even with Maxwell, less so with him though.

Assuming we keep Sherm, besides finding CB #2, they need QUALITY depth at both CB and Safety and this is the draft to do it. Injuries and age have started creeping up on the secondary. Would love a King-Sidney Jones combo if they can get Jones in the third round and red shirt him while he heals up, plus another quality DB. I think whomever they pick, they need to nail this draft at corner and safety, if they do, the SB window stays open for a few more years IMHO.

I'm hearing Jones would be closer to a mid 2nd so that may be tough to land both. But I agree the depth is there to get a 2nd stronger DB then they've gone after in the past.

original poster

Reaction score
Yeah Jones won't even make it to our second round pick let alone our third.

We're drafting KK or Obi Melifonwu IMO. I'd be over the moon with either with a slight edge to Obi as he is British!

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2zy1410g said:
nash72":2zy1410g said:

Every draft is different. There aren't really any absolutes.

Recall, that there was some chatter that Seattle was strongly interested in Bradley Roby in 2014 (taken one pick ahead of us). Seattle has very stringent athletic profiles that we stick to with regards to our first round picks. There really haven't been any stellar athletes at that position early.

Look at the R2/R3 CBs by year (ones available where we could have picked them)

2014 (years started):

Lamarcus Joyner - 0
Stanley Jean-Baptiste - 0
Dezmen Southward - 0
Terrence Brooks - 0
Dexter McDougle - 0
Phillip Gaines - 0

Jalen Collins - 0
Eric Rowe - 0
Ronald Darby - 2
Senquez Golson - 0
Quinten Rollins - 0
D'Joun Smith - 0
PJ Williams - 0
Alex Carter - 0
Craig Mager - 0
Steven Nelson - 1

Bit too early. Only starters were Bradberry and Worley for Carolina. And that's only because the Panthers let both their starters walk away.

So really it shouldn't be a surprise that we didn't take a CB before day 3 given this motley crew. Before 2014 would not make sense either because we still had Lane/Maxwell/Sherman and Browner on the team, with Shead already in the pipeline. Just nowhere to stash an R1-R3 player at that time.

So just because we haven't done it before R4, doesn't mean we won't. I can't disagree with not taking any one of these guys listed above (although I really liked Jalen Collins -- but we traded for Jimmy Graham instead so we didn't really have a crack at him).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":2oxxt5vt said:
Sports Hernia":2oxxt5vt said:
Seymour":2oxxt5vt said:
nash72":2oxxt5vt said:

I'm hearing Jones would be closer to a mid 2nd so that may be tough to land both. But I agree the depth is there to get a 2nd stronger DB then they've gone after in the past.
That's what I've been hearing too and it's probably a pipe dream, but a boy can dream right? 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Looks like the RS haters on sportsradio had a giant swing and a miss on this one. :lol:

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ecbqxcs said:
Looks like the RS haters on sportsradio had a giant swing and a miss on this one. :lol:

Said from day one, they made a huge mountain out of mole hill- just to have something interesting as a topic for a change.

Latest posts