So who wants to make a bet, first offensive play ofthe game

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3qvqs0et said:
1st and 10 - Run to Chris Carson for a hard fought 3 yards, called back on a holding call on Ifedi.

1st and 20 - Incompletion, dropped by TMac

2nd and 20 - False start, Aboushi.

2nd and 25 - Wilson sacked for a loss of 8, and a fumble recovered by Odihambo.

3rd and 33 - Rawls draw play for 5 yards

John Ryan comes out and shows us why he is still the Hawks MVP.

This will unfortunately sum up our 1st half.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
It'll be a short pass of some sort that either wont work or will net us 2 or 3 yards even if it does.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3by4nc3g said:
1st and 10 - Run to Chris Carson for a hard fought 3 yards, called back on a holding call on Ifedi.

I can see this happening, without a doubt. But poor McEvoy can't get a break on this board right now. He dropped a couple passes last week, and now he's turned into a drop machine :roll:

chawx

Reaction score
Honestly, I think our first play depends on whether or not we win the toss and differ or if they win and they differ.

If we start with the ball, our first play will be a Russ under center, I-formation, run to left that gets blown up for a loss of 2-3.

If they start with the ball, on our first play we will run a Play-action HB stretch where Russ bootlegs to the right and throws it downfield to Baldwin for 13 yards.

Bevell tends to go in a shell when we start the game off with the ball, like he's scared to drive us down the field and score on the first drive because ... honestly, I don't know why? it's stupid, but it happens every single time. When we start the game on D, I feel like no matter what (if they score or punt) when we get the ball back, we're more on fire and on point. It pisses me off to no end that we all can seemingly call our first play/drive as utter failure and we'll all probably be right. UNLESS we don't get the ball first, then I think we'll get at least 3* on the board

*most likely it will be 3, because our Red Zone offense makes me puke.

hawk45

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":f4ck2ptg said:
Stretch play to Carson off the left side, gain of 2.

What do I want to see? Fake the stretch play to Carson left, Russell rolls out right and throws deep to Lockett.

I don't even care if it works, but we need to show the Titans defense that we're not going to just play our usual predictable offense.

I don't know how hard I'm biting on a run fake if I'm the Titans given how limp our run blocking has been other than late in a game against a meh defense (at best) where we dominated TOP. I fear the outcome of this would be like when we ran it as the first play of the NFCC against the 49ers. Wilson is down to half the field, nobody open because they didn't bite on the fake, strip-fumble.

Although Tennessee would have to have LBs with the speed of the ones on that Niner team for the strip-fumble part to come true. More likely is Wilson just can't find anyone to throw to and has to run to the sideline for minimum gain.

I'd like to see them either run something out of the spread or hand it off to Carson.

rjdriver

Reaction score
!

Attachments

• IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 2,363

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawk45":8rohbfzc said:
Sgt. Largent":8rohbfzc said:
Stretch play to Carson off the left side, gain of 2.

What do I want to see? Fake the stretch play to Carson left, Russell rolls out right and throws deep to Lockett.

I don't even care if it works, but we need to show the Titans defense that we're not going to just play our usual predictable offense.

I don't know how hard I'm biting on a run fake if I'm the Titans given how limp our run blocking has been other than late in a game against a meh defense (at best) where we dominated TOP. I fear the outcome of this would be like when we ran it as the first play of the NFCC against the 49ers. Wilson is down to half the field, nobody open because they didn't bite on the fake, strip-fumble.

Although Tennessee would have to have LBs with the speed of the ones on that Niner team for the strip-fumble part to come true. More likely is Wilson just can't find anyone to throw to and has to run to the sideline for minimum gain.

I'd like to see them either run something out of the spread or hand it off to Carson.

You could be right, but unlike the Niners veteran defense.............this is a young hungry defense that I think would bite because they're so amped up.

IMO the best time for something like this to work is right away, and not later in the game when the Titan's D has settled down.

hawk45

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2jgv32x0 said:
You could be right, but unlike the Niners veteran defense.............this is a young hungry defense that I think would bite because they're so amped up.

IMO the best time for something like this to work is right away, and not later in the game when the Titan's D has settled down.

Yeah we have def seen this type of thing work before due to amped up D and sheer audacity. Okay you talked me into it :)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3brrn1b0 said:
I can see this happening, without a doubt. But poor McEvoy can't get a break on this board right now. He dropped a couple passes last week, and now he's turned into a drop machine :roll:

He has 9 career catches. 9.

He may actually be a drop machine for all we know, because he's never really used in the passing game.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Such a bunch of loser negativity.

Hand off to Carson, 6 yards. Rinse, lather, repeat. For another Seahawk's First Down!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
chawx":2b9erbkd said:
It pisses me off to no end that we all can seemingly call our first play/drive as utter failure and we'll all probably be right. UNLESS we don't get the ball first, then I think we'll get at least 3* on the board.

Imagine that.....a fan getting pissed off at Bevell's play calling in the first quarter.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Winner.

bigskydoc":3h550oh0 said:

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Seahawks deferred, Titans gets the ball first offensively......and they will run first.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
Don't forget the awesome play action bootleg where Wilson makes a spot on pass to one of the best tight ends in the game for...1 yard.