Sorry, Niners fans...

knownone

Reaction score
Marvin49":2kjb007r said:
knownone":2kjb007r said:
The Falcons are 4-2 in their last 6 games. They are not a bad team. They've just had an injury riddled season and they are finally getting healthy. FYI, they damn near made a similar come back against us with Matt Schaub at QB.

I think some Hawks fans are using their fear of the Niners to justify silly positions. They've lost 3 games by 13 combined points. You are lying to yourself if you think Seattle is the better team at this moment.

Won't wade into the "better team" argument tho clearly have an opinion, but even that 13 points includes an oddball 6 point TD on the final play/kickoff vs the Falcons.

I'll say both teams are having injury issues and are just trying to survive the season. Its a game of attrition and both teams could use that Bye.

One off thing that I never expected....apparently LB Kwon Alexander is trying to come back for the playoffs. They activated Kentavious Street from IR last week so they still have one more they can activate. I can't imagine that he could return from a torn pec that fast....but who knows.
I don't think it is an argument right now; the Niners are a better team in every meaningful metric. Now, I'm not saying they will beat Seattle in week 17 or even go further in the playoffs. I've just seen a lot of petty hand-wringing that is being disguised and channeled into detracting from the Niners success from a few of my fellow Hawks fans.

To those questioning my conviction (not Marvin): I'm not afraid of the Niners. In fact, I've been fairly consistent in stating that the only team in the NFC West that scares me from a Hawk's perspective is the Rams. I've been both critical and complimentary of the Niners because I've watched every one of their games and I know what they are all about. They are a great team and losing to the Falcons, Ravens, and Hawks doesn't really diminish them in any respect for me.

I personally wouldn't want Kwon to come back this year unless he is 100%. Dude has had so many injuries that another setback could derail his career. So I hope that if he does come back he's 100% because I'd hate to see another KD type incident.

Injuries are why I believe which ever team loses the division will struggle in the first round. It pains me to say it, but the Cowboys are a potential nightmare in a knock out game for both our teams.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Both the Saints and 49ers are better than the Falcons in every metric, yet the Falcons beat them both.

Professional football is an unpredictable sport, and it's a cliche but there's a lot of truth in it: it's all about match-ups.

rlkats

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":18j9q0fx said:
Both the Saints and 49ers are better than the Falcons in every metric, yet the Falcons beat them both.

Professional football is an unpredictable sport, and it's a cliche but there's a lot of truth in it: it's all about match-ups.

Agreed, why is this so hard to understand for some

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, we are going to enjoy the media worshipped Niners losing to the Falcons.
You Niner fans, who spend all your time on a SEAHAWKS page would do the exact same thing if the Hawks lost to a crap team.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2naq7cju said:
Well, we are going to enjoy the media worshipped Niners losing to the Falcons.
You Niner fans, who spend all your time on a SEAHAWKS page would do the exact same thing if the Hawks lost to a crap team.

I don't think you've read many complaints here from Niner fans about you guys celebrating the Niner loss. I'd expect it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely. The rivalry is back, and it makes it more fun. I can see a lot of splits and close games the next several years.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":7ascumxa said:
Absolutely. The rivalry is back, and it makes it more fun. I can see a lot of splits and close games the next several years.
I actually hope that turns out to be the case; but let's be real, there have been a lot of crappy teams who had a flash in the pan very strong season that they couldn't reproduce afterwards. We don't know if the 49ers will be very good next year again.

olyfan63

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3rm94lrw said:
SoulfishHawk":3rm94lrw said:
I actually hope that turns out to be the case; but let's be real, there have been a lot of crappy teams who had a flash in the pan very strong season that they couldn't reproduce afterwards. We don't know if the 49ers will be very good next year again.

Why the Niners odds are decent to be good for more than just one year. Mike Shanahan. He passed it down.
Through his son KYLE Shanahan. Dad was a superb coach and seems to have passed that down.
Niners have suffered through Jim "The Joke" Tomsula, and Mike Singletary. Harbaugh was a bit of a douche, but I had to respect the success he got out of the players he had. Shanahan doesn't have to deal with the mess that was Trent Baalke and the 49er front office.

A lot of the SF talent is on the younger side.
I'm thinking Hawks-49ers will be a dogfight the next few years as long as Carroll is in Seattle and Shanahan in SF.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1argztut said:

Very true, which is why when looking at performance one year when trying to predict performance the next year you're better off ignoring things like record to focus on things like point differential, record in one score games, and unsustainable turnover luck (e.g. fumble recovery rate on offense and defense, unforced interceptions on defense, etc.).

Teams that go from bad records to good records in one season tend to not be very good in these metrics, and as a result, fall back down the next season.

Then again, though, as a Seahawks fan, your probability want nothing to do with any of this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3b3n2bvw said:
RolandDeschain":3b3n2bvw said:

Very true, which is why when looking at performance one year when trying to predict performance the next year you're better off ignoring things like record to focus on things like point differential, record in one score games, and unsustainable turnover luck (e.g. fumble recovery rate on offense and defense, unforced interceptions on defense, etc.).

Teams that go from bad records to good records in one season tend to not be very good in these metrics, and as a result, fall back down the next season.

Then again, though, as a Seahawks fan, your probability want nothing to do with any of this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

we probability? Want nothing to do with what? Why? The Niners current success is being measured by accomplishing absolutely nothing in a single season. At least nothing the Seahawks haven't already done a bunch of times over the last 16 seasons.

Then again, as a Niners fan you couldn't know anything about any of this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Congrats on a division title. I had you guys 6-10 this year. Not sure how far you guys go but either way a great season.

SF49r

Reaction score
Slow down there we still have Week 17 to play, doesnt matter how doo doo the Seahawks look rn they always take it to the next level against us and we havent won there since 2011. Definitely going to be a dogfight though.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
SF49r":3fig78o1 said:
Slow down there we still have Week 17 to play, doesnt matter how doo doo the Seahawks look rn they always take it to the next level against us and we havent won there since 2011. Definitely going to be a dogfight though.
Nice try...I'm just watching to see how many times the camera focuses on Robert Saleh next week...gets more tv time than anyone on your team!

rlkats

Reaction score
Cyrus12":16bndn89 said:
Congrats on a division title. I had you guys 6-10 this year. Not sure how far you guys go but either way a great season.

Hawks took the day off nothing more. Next week will be a hard played game by both teams

Cyrus12

Reaction score
rlkats":26vya5mn said:
Cyrus12":26vya5mn said:

Hawks took the day off nothing more. Next week will be a hard played game by both teams
You saw the injuries right?

Braap49er

Reaction score
Niners haven’t beat Seattle in Seattle since 2011 and Vegas has the Niners currently favored by -3. Lol. Seattle will is plagued with injuries, just like we were during our matchup earlier and we lost by 3 points in OT cause of a missed FG. Lets see how Seattle does.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I can't help but remember some giving me hell because I was predicting Niner losses after injuries (like both starting tackles before 1st Rams game).

Losing both RBs and your LT hurts. I can't say it'll have no effect on the game...but this ain't over yet. Not by a long shot.

Niners haven't won in Seattle since 2011. Niners D has been taking on water for several weeks now and they still won't have Dee Ford back. I can only hope they get Tartt because Harris is a disaster in coverage.

Niners are getting KILLED by short passes and screens which have completely neutralized their pass rush.

Nick Bosa...that poor guy, lol.....he is getting doubled, chipped and run away from on every damn down and there is no Dee Ford on the other side to make teams pay.

Get Wilson on the run, bootlegs and screens....Seahawks have more than a chance. That's how Niners D has been compromised the past three weeks and against Arizona twice. Against the Rams...I don't know if I've ever seen a single team run so many bootlegs and screens in a single game. This ain't close to over.

Latest posts