Speculation: Browner to sign with the Patriots?

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":11dnncdd said:
20% off karma loop? Damn how do they stay in business?

Hey, Zeb!!! Karma loop! 20% off!!

All of the items on there are already marked up by like 10-15% and then they buy it wholesale from the brands.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
A well-placed Patriots source: "Browner wants to be in NE, I think we are close, but it's a tough deal to do because of suspension, etc."

chrispy

Reaction score
more money means better comp pick for Hawks, right?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 4m
Um, just want to reiterate, Brandon Browner has no contracts struck, despite any report to the contrary. Visits Saints Fri. In WSH now

Jville

Reaction score
Gonna be a tricky contract to draw up ...... wherever he signs.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
lol:

“It’s 100 percent untrue,” agent Peter Schaffer told PFT by phone, moments after the report landed on Twitter. “I’ve got four teams to negotiate with. I’ve got irresponsible journalists who don’t check their facts putting this stuff out there, and my phone is blowing up when I’m trying to play hockey.”

Schaffer plays in a recreational hockey league in Denver.

“I’ve got very little patience for irresponsible journalists who put this stuff out and ruin my night,” Schaffer said. “My phone is going nuts. I just wanna play hockey.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... w-england/

2_0_6

Reaction score
wouldn't it be funny if the twitter war between Shem and Deangelo Hall cost the Redskins BB. Go get paid big fella

Jville

Reaction score
Great theater in the opening week of free agency.

I hope everyone is enjoying. :snack:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Hawk Strap":2ct7kjp6 said:
dontbelikethat":2ct7kjp6 said:
A lot of conflitcting reports. Schefter says agent says no, Rapport says this.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Brandon Browner has spread the word to those close to him that he has agreed with the #Patriots. Thus, my report that he has agreed.

20% off karma loop? Damn how do they stay in business?

Hey, Zeb!!! Karma loop! 20% off!!

I dunno wtf that is but I do love a good deal!

two dog

Reaction score
This is an enormous complement. When you win big they all want to be like you.
Even the imperial Patriots.

Good on Browner. He played to the last whistle for relative peanuts in Seattle.
If he plays his cards right, he will make for a nice pay bump.

Hate to see him go though.

irocdave

Reaction score
Man I hope BB gets a fat guaranteed contract from an AFC team other than the Donkies. Signing with the Patriots goes against what they have done for the last 10 years but reaffirms what Pete and JS have brought on the NFL. Big nasty corners that beat up receivers at the LOS and can crush running backs and slot receivers. Big, mean, nasty and tough. As far as I am concerned BB started the LOB. KC is carrying the torch but BB made it, lit it, and carried for two years.

BB playing with the Pats is really interesting to me. With Bill B at the helm along with Revis, Peyton Manning and the Donks have to be questioning their current player status.

I'm happy for BB, go get the money as long as it isn't with the niners...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Billy actually likes physicality in his secondary. If he didn't get Revis first, I doubt he'd be going after Browner so hard. Revis will shutdown half of the field so Browner can get the safety help he needs. He is still susceptible to horizontal routes from quick WRs, but NE will be using the same formula we did. Dunno if their FS quite measures up though.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Hmm call me crazy but I was hoping we could hold onto Browner if he could still play at a high level and it was cheap.

If Sherman and/or Maxwell get's injured and we don't have Browner ready? Hmm not too sure about how that scenario would play out...

I'm pretty disappointed about not matching 6 million a year for Tate. I was hoping we could get him for 5 million per year which would of been a HUGE steal in my opinion, but adding 1 more million to a huge steal and we can't match it?

When you see quotes like this:

"The Seahawks had made a "really, really, really low" offer 10 days ago, according to Tate

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2013-nfl-offs ... e-close-to

It just makes me wonder what they were thinking to just let Tate walk so easily... make him feel unwanted, etc...

If Harvin get's injured which is very likely they are REALLY going to regret not paying Tate what he's worth.

This Browner thing seems very speculative at this point, but if we trade him for super cheap and he can still play well I think that would be another mistake...

It seems they are really gonna go all out to overpay Sherman if they really just let Tate walk and would release Browner (if for super cheap).

Not sure how I feel about all this, if Sherman and Harvin get injured the whole NFL will laugh at us when half our salary is sitting on the sidelines.

Gonna wait to see how all this plays out... losing Tate for relatively cheap is the first very negative thing I can say about our team since all my offensive rants involving Bevell and our offensive philosophy when we lost games purely because of bad play calling.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Tokadub":2ix80pl8 said:
Hmm call me crazy but I was hoping we could hold onto Browner if he could still play at a high level and it was cheap.

If Sherman and/or Maxwell get's injured and we don't have Browner ready? Hmm not too sure about how that scenario would play out...

I'm pretty disappointed about not matching 6 million a year for Tate. I was hoping we could get him for 5 million per year which would of been a HUGE steal in my opinion, but adding 1 more million to a huge steal and we can't match it?

When you see quotes like this:

"The Seahawks had made a "really, really, really low" offer 10 days ago, according to Tate

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2013-nfl-offs ... e-close-to

It just makes me wonder what they were thinking to just let Tate walk so easily... make him feel unwanted, etc...

If Harvin get's injured which is very likely they are REALLY going to regret not paying Tate what he's worth.

This Browner thing seems very speculative at this point, but if we trade him for super cheap and he can still play well I think that would be another mistake...

It seems they are really gonna go all out to overpay Sherman if they really just let Tate walk and would release Browner (if for super cheap).

Not sure how I feel about all this, if Sherman and Harvin get injured the whole NFL will laugh at us when half our salary is sitting on the sidelines.

Gonna wait to see how all this plays out... losing Tate for relatively cheap is the first very negative thing I can say about our team since all my offensive rants involving Bevell and our offensive philosophy when we lost games purely because of bad play calling.

Browner doesn't have a contract with the Seahawks so he couldn't be released or traded. He is a Free Agent.

They couldn't commit to making such a high payment to Tate because they have 3 more people coming up for contracts that will be making over 6 million. They have to leave room for Russ, Earl and Sherman. Percy, Okung, Avril, Lynch, Unger are all over 6 million a year and they have 3 more over 5 million a year (Mebane, Earl, Kam). To make room for Russ, Earl and Sherman, Some of these people will have to go, it is just economics. If you add in Tate to that list, you have to pull someone else off.

Yes, it sucks to lose Tate but when you start looking at the economics of the whole thing and how much money you have to work with, you have to do things like what John and Pete have done especially last year, wait out the FA surge and wait till the prices drop as players get desperate. That way you get better value for the talent you bring in. Unfortunately, you also have to let members of the team get desperate and some will find homes elsewhere, like Tate.

mikeak

Reaction score
Tokadub said:

quote]

What they were thinking is that we are a run first team that doesn't overpay for WRs going into a draft that is being heralded as one of the deepest drafts for WRs ever. Just need to find one that can block and catch the ball and completely lack the skills of separation and then we have matched Tate

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
Man, this story is all baked. The details are way too hazy at this point. leaves us fans all too dazed and confused not knowing what to think regarding BB's status! This stinks. :pimp: :snack: