Spoon is back

nanomoz

Reaction score
My immediate comp for Witherspoon was
Antoine Winfield, SR.

Win SR was listed at a puny 5’9, 176 at his combine eventually it felt like he topped off closer to 190 but pfref only lists him at 180. 14 years, 191 games, 173 starts.
Good one. Winfield was probably the best tackling corner I've ever seen. If Witherspoon has a career like him no one would complain.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Good news, can't wait to see him in action.

Don't hold your breath. Yeah, it's good news, but chances are that he's not going to see any action this weekend. Even the normally optimistic Pete had reservations.

And this is the scary part:

Furthermore, general manager John Schneider revealed on Monday that Witherspoon's injury has been "a concern," especially after he suffered a similar setback before the draft.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Damn man, you're in rare form today. Breathe in a little..........
That's the best advice I've had in a long time.

I'm actually picking us to win this Sunday and am so confident in it that I'm using my prediction in my survivor league.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No doubt fault will be found with Witherspoon as the Nellies try to convince us all of their many reasons for thinking PC or JS don't have a clue about who they pick in the draft, trade for, or release.

Stay tuned.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And the first time Carter gets a sack or makes a tackle..................you know what's coming. Joy

Or.......someone makes a catch against a rookie in his first ever NFL game..............BUST!!!!!

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
No doubt fault will be found with Witherspoon as the Nellies try to convince us all of their many reasons for thinking PC or JS don't have a clue about who they pick in the draft, trade for, or release.

Stay tuned.

Naw. It was definitely the wrong pick. It screams of Kelly Jennings all over again. Also their track record in the draft isn't amazing, they've whiffed on some bums and let some amazing players slide right by them, Creed Humphrey's comes to mind when we drafted Dee Eskridge

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cool story. It's amazing that you already know this before the season even starts. Shocked that Pete and John didn't ask you first.
Nobody is forcing you to watch the team.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Of course. Carter will as well find himself suspended before Witherspoon ever is. His high character will be revealed.

Meanwhile the nonsense never ends over Adams.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Although I was surprised, I was OK with the Witherspoon pick. He was definitely one of the best players on the board and filled a need. My only concern is this injury as apparently, it's the same one he had prior to the draft.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
And the first time Carter gets a sack or makes a tackle..................you know what's coming. Joy

Or.......someone makes a catch against a rookie in his first ever NFL game..............BUST!!!!!
Spoon will be fine I believe part of why they got him is for the energy he brings.
The people we see in here that don't like him are mostly Carter fans ha ha..

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Oh believe me, I hated the Eskridge pick when we could have drafted Humphrey.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Witherspoon isn't the only play we drafted for the same qualities. Reed from NM is another who plays the same style but at a different position. Our staff is obviously attempting to embed our lineup with zealous fire and spirit. Riq is bigger but plays a similar style.

skkyhawk

Reaction score
Can't wait to see our #5 pick make his debut, I expect big things.

Ken Easley 1981 #4 overall.
AFC defensive rookie of the year.
1984 NFL defensive player of the year- 10 INT.
HOF

NO PRESSURE.
Best Defensive Back Seahawks have ever drafted. Bar None!