Spoon is back

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
Cool story. It's amazing that you already know this before the season even starts. Shocked that Pete and John didn't ask you first.
Nobody is forcing you to watch the team.

I didn't ask for your irrelevant opinion on how think the draft went.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Crazy how many people criticize players before they even begun to get started… what happened to patience and/or perspective… is it that important to be right? Don’t misunderstand stand me because y’all are entitled to your own opinion but chill out a little bit and let’s see how it works out.

Witherspoon might not work out for whatever reasons but he was drafted because when the pads come on, dude is a baller with incredible downhill instincts , he leaves everything on the field violently much like the LOB did.

If Carter was your guy, sorry, he wasn’t the pick. Why he presented himself as lazy or unmotivated or unstable where not only the Seahawks said no but was passed over repeatedly by teams until the 9th pick despite being hyped up as the consensus #1 prospect. Passed over a hybrid DE/LBer whose team jumped up 9 spaces for to draft, a high ceiling, low floor athletic QB, Witherspoon who might have been drafted 6th if the Seahawks didn’t take him, an OT that the team that traded out #3 to #12 traded up back up to #6 for, a medical red flag DE prospect, and a RB by a team based in Georgia who already had two quality RBs by 2022 measures. Plus, a team and the 2nd owner of #9 pick that traded the #1 overall pick but if they had kept it, many expected Carter to be that pick. Chicago, Houston, and Arizona pretty much all said No to Carter, TWICE, and these teams absolutely could have used a “generational” or “elite” talent that some have described Carter as. Yet, they balked.

If it was Carter’s goal all along to tank his draft status so he’d be an Eagle and land with a plethora of his former teammates on a stacked team. More power to him, he played his bluff just right but that also doesn’t take away a laundry list of characters concerns he had before a tank job. And if it was a tank job, you think he would have been motivated as a Seahawks especially in a such a weird, awkward, gloomy place like Seattle, removed pretty much as far as possible from any support system he had. I don’t think so, I think it takes a rather special grindset to succeed is this alienated environment we call the PNW. Carter imo does not have that type of motivation or mindset even if he has the talent. He’ll probably do very well in Philly with all his former bros being able to come in as a rotational piece at worst on a stacked team that had the opportunity to gamble on his prospects.

Doesn’t mean any success Carter has there for Eagles would have been the same if he played for the Seahawks. Imo, he probably would have pushed his way out eventually if this was a place he didn’t want to be in.

Last edited:

Scout

Reaction score
Witherspoon will be fine as a boundary CB or nickel. He might become more banged up playing nickel but that is to be determined. But given that the team has so much depth in the secondary and position versatility I do not see it as an issue. This is because the Hawk can move players around for certain packages on the backend (eg big nickel dime packages, etc).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
1. People don't need to be told to not get their hopes up, why do you care if people are excited about the kid?
2. Amazing that someone knows it's a crappy pick before he's even played a single game in the NFL.
3. He didn't actually play in the preseason.

GemCity

Reaction score
Crazy how many people criticize players before they even begun to get started… what happened to patience and/or perspective… is it that important to be right? Don’t misunderstand stand me because y’all are entitled to your own opinion but chill out a little bit and let’s see how it works out.

Witherspoon might not work out for whatever reasons but he was drafted because when the pads come on, dude is a baller with incredible downhill instincts , he leaves everything on the field violently much like the LOB did.

If Carter was your guy, sorry, he wasn’t the pick. Why he presented himself as lazy or unmotivated or unstable where not only the Seahawks said no but was passed over repeatedly by teams until the 9th pick despite being hyped up as the consensus #1 prospect. Passed over a hybrid DE/LBer whose team jumped up 9 spaces for to draft, a high ceiling, low floor athletic QB, Witherspoon who might have been drafted 6th if the Seahawks didn’t take him, an OT that the team that traded out #3 to #12 traded up back up to #6 for, a medical red flag DE prospect, and a RB by a team based in Georgia who already had two quality RBs by 2022 measures. Plus, a team and the 2nd owner of #9 pick that traded the #1 overall pick but if they had kept it, many expected Carter to be that pick. Chicago, Houston, and Arizona pretty much all said No to Carter, TWICE, and these teams absolutely could have used a “generational” or “elite” talent that some have described Carter as. Yet, they balked.

If it was Carter’s goal all along to tank his draft status so he’d be an Eagle and land with a plethora of his former teammates on a stacked team. More power to him, he played his bluff just right but that also doesn’t take away a laundry list of characters concerns he had before a tank job. And if it was a tank job, you think he would have been motivated as a Seahawks especially in a such a weird, awkward, gloomy place like Seattle, removed pretty much as far as possible from any support system he had. I don’t think so, I think it takes a rather special grindset to succeed is this alienated environment we call the PNW. Carter imo does not have that type of motivation or mindset even if he has the talent. He’ll probably do very well in Philly with all his former bros being able to come in as a rotational piece at worst on a stacked team that had the opportunity to gamble on his prospects.

Doesn’t mean any success Carter has there for Eagles would have been the same if he played for the Seahawks. Imo, he probably would have pushed his way out eventually if this was a place he didn’t want to be in.
Boo

Yaka.

Nailed it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yah but, at least the Rams didn’t get him.

😭
Too bad they didn't get him, he's been a liability since being drafted.

The thread here is about Witherspoon and not Eskridge or humphrey or others or about the draft or JS or Pete's input therein. Let's try to keep the thread on point. I'm just as blameworthy as those who have strayed off topic but as a mod I ask we get back on point and try to stay there.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
Too bad they didn't get him, he's been a liability since being drafted.

The thread here is about Witherspoon and not Eskridge or humphrey or others or about the draft or JS or Pete's input therein. Let's try to keep the thread on point. I'm just as blameworthy as those who have stay off topic but as a mod I ask we get back on point and they to stay there.
I was being facetious 😉

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My friend I understand, and I appreciated your take which was funny. Facetious or not however, the Rams were interested in Eskridge but the thread is about Witherspoon and not Eskridge.

I am just as culpable for straying off topic in my posts in this thread my replies were off topic, but the reminder from one of our very well respected posters has caused me to reflect that we ALL need to try and stay on topic.

Just Saying'.