Stanford vs Oregon

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Quick touchdown here and this is a legit ballgame.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
This game was decided by missed opportunities in the first half. Left at least 17 points on the board. Honestly, Ducks can only blame themselves. (Not to take anything away from Stanford who played great).

Oh well.

I thought I might get two championships this season.... now its up to the SEahawks!

mrblitz

Reaction score
yep. amazing. lol. how can oregon lose like that? give stanford some credit though.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I don't think Oregon has what it takes to ever win a National Championship when it comes to facing legit NFL talent on the offensive and defensive line. They play some fun, finesse ball, but it's just never going to crack that level without luck. (Nor does any PAC-12 team, really, besides a generational QB prospect)

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3om8kp7b said:
This game was decided by missed opportunities in the first half. Left at least 17 points on the board. Honestly, Ducks can only blame themselves. (Not to take anything away from Stanford who played great).

Condolences, J.

That said, I don't think you can look at this game and play "woulda shoulda." I think the blocked FG-TD plus the onside kick for a TD more than made up for those missed opportunities early in the game. Stanford kicked butt, and frankly I don't think the final score did them justice. Really a shame that they lost to Utah.

sturg78

Reaction score
That hurt to watch. So much Gaffney. So many missed tackles. So many nerds in the stands.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":1qlou5f0 said:
JSeahawks":1qlou5f0 said:

Condolences, J.

That said, I don't think you can look at this game and play "woulda shoulda." I think the blocked FG-TD plus the onside kick for a TD more than made up for those missed opportunities early in the game. Stanford kicked butt, and frankly I don't think the final score did them justice. Really a shame that they lost to Utah.

Eh, I was over it by the end of the 3rd quarter, lol. (but thanks for the condolences anyway)

I'm fine.

You know i'm not one to take losses hard.

It was like death by a thousand paper cuts though. Getting our asses kicked 3.6 yards at a time!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Better to be embarassed now than be either snubbed out of the national championship or be thrashed in it

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sad loss. Too many self-inflicted wounds. Mariota still has a ways to go to play on Sunday given his mistakes under pressure, and DAT continues to practice poor ball-holding. Ah well. Proud of the comeback, though.

sturg78

Reaction score
Maybe this will convince them to stay another year

cesame

Reaction score
If the playoffs started this year Oregon would still have chance. As of right now though there's basically none.

Looking like a game vs Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl

cesame

Reaction score
sturg78":2zjam42y said:
Maybe this will convince them to stay another year

I think Mariota is clearly not ready for the NFL. If he's smart he will come back.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":1s3y9jvg said:
If the playoffs started this year Oregon would still have chance. As of right now though there's basically none.

That would be a fun and amazing game!

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think the Ducks missed Colt Lyerla tonight for the first time. The offense really needed somebody who would hit back.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Oregon fans better hope this new coach can keep the programming running at a high level. If he's the next Larry Coker then this year may have been their last shot realistic shot at a championship for awhile.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":22kthbri said:

Jerry Palm in his bowl projections now has us going to the Orange bowl to play Clemson, which would also be a fun matchup.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... redictions

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
kearly":nfaycucl said:
Another silver lining, the Ducks still play in the Pac-12, and not in the SEC. Physical teams like Stanford are a relative dime a dozen over there. Most of Stanford's team was recruited by Harbaugh. In a few years will there be a physical enough team to stop Oregon? I kinda doubt it.

GMs will have to wonder how well Mariota will fare in the more physical NFL. He's a tough QB, but his numbers vs. the blitz and pressure are terrible. Factor in the lack of under-center experience, and it wouldn't be surprising if we hear Blaine Gabbert comparisons. I think Mariota would be wise to return to Oregon next season and improve on his issues, because even an elite prospect with one glaring weakness can be a horrific bust in the NFL.

Completely agree.

Not writing the guy off, but can't help but think all the rave reviews are a bit much.