State of the NFC West...

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Well - my opinion on the Cards...

Offense - starting too slow every week, this week it cost them because the Bills got hot fast and then started to push at the end combined with mental mistakes led to 4 interceptions

But really - ST is terrible, our rookie LS will likely get cut, our punter is re-injured and we didn't have a backup ready.

And then - our second year DC is showing that he is in over his head at times, slow to adjust and making game plans that do not fit our personnel. We are wasting C Jones potential by having him play our scheme as an OLB. But at least our secondary looks better.

Our offense will come around, our ST will probably stick suck but not this bad all year, and our defense is a real concern. I predicted a 9-7 season if my worst fears came true (not injuries, just coaching). I am sticking by that.

Imagine the Seahawks defensive struggles at the beginning of last year, now imagine no Pete Carroll to fix it. It's like that right now.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
So what is the state of the 49ers? The OLine wasn't terrible last night, Gabbert made them look worse than they are. Without Bowman, they really had to hustle in the run game - and you were correct, the DLine isn't very good - they had to rely upon their LB/DB for any real defense. Head about Kaep possibly restructuring, he would have likely made this a real game last night.

You saw how lousy our WRs are playing, 4 or 5 drops (although Stanton was throwing ducks) and no ability to outcompete a DB if you aren't Fitz. Boom or bust defense, but our ST came alive, although it might be because it was against the 49ers.

The Seahawks are going to crush us in a few weeks.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":nkwmewkw said:
So what is the state of the 49ers? The OLine wasn't terrible last night, Gabbert made them look worse than they are. Without Bowman, they really had to hustle in the run game - and you were correct, the DLine isn't very good - they had to rely upon their LB/DB for any real defense. Head about Kaep possibly restructuring, he would have likely made this a real game last night.

You saw how lousy our WRs are playing, 4 or 5 drops (although Stanton was throwing ducks) and no ability to outcompete a DB if you aren't Fitz. Boom or bust defense, but our ST came alive, although it might be because it was against the 49ers.

The Seahawks are going to crush us in a few weeks.

State of Niners. Same as before but now featuring injuries.

Gabbert Sucks. A lot of young talent on D but losing Bowman was brutal. Armstead playing hurt and Buckner didn't play at all. Young team making mistakes within the scheme AND missing talent right up the gut (DT, ILB sans Bowman).

Honestly really hard to say anything about the offense with Gabbert in there. There were wide open plays for him that he airmailed.

Kap likely to tart week 6. Will it make a diff? No idea.

The part that sucks? With the Niner strength of schedule they lose all tie breakers on draft position. They have to be a game worse than everyone or else they fall to the bottom of the tied record pack because of SOS.

hawker84

Reaction score
well Kap just got his starting job back. Be interesting to see how he does.. Couldn't be any worse the Gabbert in my opinion.

RedAlice

Reaction score
hawker84":1kwdujan said:
well Kap just got his starting job back. Be interesting to see how he does.. Couldn't be any worse the Gabbert in my opinion.

At least Chip is willing to try something, anything when his starting QB is failing.

Fisher, staying the course.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
RedAlice":1vkpz954 said:
hawker84":1vkpz954 said:

At least Chip is willing to try something, anything when his starting QB is failing.

Fisher, staying the course.

It's a good course for us. Is Case struggling? Bring out the fake punt!

RedAlice

Reaction score
I do have things to say about the state of the Rams, but I'm still in a good mood from being at the game. Figure I will wait until about Thursday to watch the game again on Game Pass and then feel frustrated and get real about it all.

But, the Rams Ticket Office called me today so I got to vent a tiny bit. It was a non-caller ID call, which I generally don't answer, but I did.

Me: Hey.
Them: I'm calling to talk to Alice, is she available?
Me: I don't know, who's calling?
Them: This is the Rams Ticket Office
Me: Oh, hey, yes this is Alice, how are you?
Them: I sent you an email, etc...checking on season ticket holders to see how the experience is.
Me: Hey so, is one of the people on your list to call Stan Kroenke so you can tell him to fire Jeff Fisher?
Them: laugh. I'm only authorized to call season ticket holders to see how their experience is.
Me: So, ok my experience is great...blah blah I give a great review of my experience.
Them: Nice, let me know if you need anything else, you have my email
Me: Hey, I would like one more thing - can you tell them to start Goff?
Them: laugh again. I'm only calling season ticket holders.
Me: ok, ok. Thank you, all is good for the games.

Kudos to the Rams Ticket Office at least for reaching out.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I miss 2012-13. I miss people giving me you-know because u know who i root for.

I miss Candlestick.

Latest posts