Steelers vs Bengals

hawk45

Reaction score
Bengals make Greg Hardy look downright poised.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I'm surprised more people aren't blaming the utterly blatant bias the refs showed, quickdrawing flags for Pittsburgh while a Bengal takes a spear to the helmet and they yawn in indifference. The NFL's coddling of the Steelers is an absolute blight on the league and it shows every year in the playoffs.

Whatever shred of respect I had for Roethlisberger and Tomlin is gone. I hope Denver buries them by 30.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
thebanjodude":2yzquhvu said:
hawk45":2yzquhvu said:
thebanjodude":2yzquhvu said:
I disagree. Burfict was clearly out for blood.

Ben you really should be wincing and moving your arm around and setting up your "heroic" comeback instead of posting on a Seahawk forum.

I dislike Ben as much as any other Seahawk fan. That doesn't mean I'm willfully blind to reality. Burfict is as much human trash as Ben is.

Agreed he dang near killed Brown.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
The Steeler coach should have been flagged there not Pacman. The refs must have missed it I guess. He had no business being there at all though. Let alone putting a shoulder into Burfict.

253hawk

Reaction score
Refs let these guys get out of control, and their inconsistency with all of the dirty hits just added fuel to the fire. Steelers were constantly coming in late to ball carriers on the ground. Both teams were dirty, but only the Bengals were being penalized for it.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
epic collapse, are any of you shocked that took place? Burfict has been dirty since his AZ state days... he had character issues coming out of the draft.. dude is a clown... and adam jones.. well hes adam jones...... complete mental breakdown.... lewis should be canned and those 2 guys released.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Are people here claiming Burfict's hit on Brown was anything short of completely intentional and with an intent to injure?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Marvin Lewis is gone...has never been able to control his guys...off to cleveland...manziel can get coked up every night under his coaching.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Still dont see what Burflict did was so ejection out of the league worthy...it looked like he almost had his back to the WR when they made contact...wasnt as horrible as tons of people are making it out to be...I saw worst in Vikings v Packer first game when peppers clubbed Bridgewater over the head and then proceded to stick his whole hand inside the helmet and no flag.

that being said..I really dont care and I hope we win tommorow

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The narrative of that game is going to be that Burfict and Pacman lost it.

But that is not the truth, the truth is that the coaching staff lost it by playing gutless "play not to lose" football like they always do in the playoffs. Marvin Lewis is a coattail rider. He cannot be a successful HC ever, unless by successful you mean someone that can only win as part of someone else's staff.

The key plays were at the end. Sure the ball being fumbled on a simple run up the middle could be called but that was just a freak play (again, stupid of Lewis not to instruct his players to just go down on contact and be aware of the strip ...but...).

But the real stupid plays were the 3 man rushes at the end of the game, BOTH of which gave up crucial 1st downs on 3rd down. That was being the gutless losers we know the Bengals play like. Had he just went with the standard 4 man rush, he might have won - but they conceded large chunks of real-estate to a team with all their TOs and a kicker with a long range. Even WITHOUT the penalty, they likely end up in FG range considering how the defense was playing.

That was on the the Bengals staff. Just a joke.

It wasn't the penalties, it was gutless scared football that did them in.

(Also, it should be noted that 3 man rushes put a lot of pressure on the rushers you keep in, so it wears them out. I hate that defense even when it works because it is generally Fool's Gold even then)

I do hope both of Steelers come to my house to discuss Renaissance composers, Italian wines and which Dylan record is the best.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is the end of the Niners hopes to land Hugh Jackson. Probably coaching the Bungles next year

-bsd

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1z2bzz6r said:
Well we know the Rooney's check cleared the during the last 5 minutes of that game.

I don't know how you can say that.

1) AJ Green flinched prior to the snap on his TD. That play shouldn't have happened.

2) I'm one who thinks the emphasis on player safety is ruining the game, but Burfict was on an obvious head hunting mission on that play much like Clay Matthews' hit on Russell Wilson in the NFCCG.

3) Yes, Joey Porter was on the field (checking on an injured Brown), but I didn't see him iniate contact on a Bengal. I saw Gilberry walk up on him and bump him from behind. Then after it appeared to be settling down, Pac Man comes out of nowhere and takes a shot at him. Pure stupidity.

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":i2xti39y said:
Are people here claiming Burfict's hit on Brown was anything short of completely intentional and with an intent to injure?

He's dirty, and always has been. Such a good player, such a shame.

Smellyman

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":321ebi2c said:

nobody is

JustTheTip

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1at727gw said:

I sure am not claiming that. It was no worse or intentional then the uncalled hit on Bernard though.

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
500x1000px-LL-1685d231_bengalsfan.gif

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":zugz4lwq said:
CodeWarrior":zugz4lwq said:

nobody is

I think some people are indirectly by suggesting this Bengal meltdown was the fault of the officiating. Did you hear Boomer after the game? He's embarrassed and basically said Lewis should be fired.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I watched every snap of that game, and the officiating wasn't worse than any average game. It definitely wasn't handed to the Steelers like XL was.

Burfict is equally as talented, fast, and strong as he is stupid.

Latest posts