Super Bowl XL* : Never Forget

camdawg

Reaction score
justafan":14gljjpl said:
I watched for the 1st time since it was played.Stevens still sucked,JB still missed the Fgs and Pitt made the big plays.

The refs sucked but the boys bobbled that game away.

I don't like arguing with fellow Hawks fans, but you're just flat out wrong about this.

Let's say Josh makes both of the FGs he missed from beyond 50. Even indoors, making multiple 50+ yarders is asking a lot. But even after making those, the score becomes 21-16, Pittsburgh.

Let's say that after the horrible holding call on Locklear, when Casey Hampton, at least, was offsides, that Matt doesn't throw a pick in the next couple of plays. We play conservatively, scratch out some yards, and set Josh up for another field goal. Score is now 21-19, Pittsburgh.

At this point, only two of our guys are now having bad games, Jerramy and Etric Pruitt. We are absolutely outplaying Pittsburgh, almost dominating them really. And we're still down a score. So let's say Jerramy hangs on to one or two more passes. Josh kicks another field goal, we have a 22-21 lead with 6 minutes to go.

How comfortable do you feel with that one point lead? Especially if everything that Pittsburgh does remains true to form, Ben is going to get away with an uncalled delay of game with just under 5 minutes to go, saving the Steelers' behinds.

That's how unfair the officiating was. If everyone except Pruitt has a great game, which they would in the above scenario, we might only win by a point against a team where almost all of their players are having a mediocre to miserable game.

camdawg

Reaction score
AB84":3m1tdzs8 said:
justafan":3m1tdzs8 said:
I watched for the 1st time since it was played.Stevens still sucked,JB still missed the Fgs and Pitt made the big plays.

The refs sucked but the boys bobbled that game away.
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

The truth is so liberating, well done! For every 20 replies of "OMG rigged! Refs got cash! Bettis gave his whole year's salary for a ring!" there are 1 or 2 Seattle fans who have taken a step back emotionally from being so upset over the calls, and have come to the reasonable conclusion that there were missed opportunities and sloppy play that contributed to the loss.

T-minus 6 and a half hours! :th2thumbs: good luck, Seahawks!

Can we test to see if you have honesty and integrity?

Can you be an honest man and admit the hole opened for Willie Parker on your second touchdown when Heath Miller held and Max Starks had his hands in a Seahawk defender's facemask? And this play should've come back?

Can you also admit your first TD should've been called back as well after Alan Faneca bearhugs and tackles Michael Boulware to lead Ben to the endzone?

And without these ill-gotten TDs, your Steelers would've been crushed in SBXL?

I'm guessing you don't have the integrity to admit any of it, which is why your team deserves to get blown out today. And Ben deserves to get roughed up.

And if you don't like me saying that, you better have not been one of the countless Steeler fans that enjoyed your Super Bowl run beginning with Kimo Von Cheapshotten taking out Carson Palmer.

silverandgold

Reaction score
AB84":37f0tst9 said:
scutterhawk":37f0tst9 said:
mrblitz":37f0tst9 said:
The refs were bad for sb40, but the 'hawks could have won anyway. seahawks can win this one though!
I'm going to disagree with this, as the Referees WERE NOT going to allow the Seahawks a victory.
Numerous phony phantom calls by the Officials.....They weren't going to let Jerome Bettes and the Stealers go home with a loss....No Way No How.
It wasn't destiny, it was a corrupt NFL.
I'm sorry but this is absolutely comical. Watch that game again and tell me the Seahawks didn't blow opportunities in the second half with the potential to take the lead and win. The refs can SWAY a game but they absolutely cannot "prevent the Seahawks from winning". You can't put the whole loss on the refs, can you not take even a sliver of responsibility for lack of execution in the second half? Dropped passes? Missed opportunities? Giving up big plays on defense? I mean c'mon, man. That's like saying Malcolm Butler is the reason you lost the last SB. Take some responsibility for your team's actions.

Overall XL was a shitty game, with poor officiating, that now costs BOTH of our fan-bases the bullshit of you guys saying "It was ours, they threw it" while we have to listen to "You didn't really win the SB, Bettis cheated". The fact that you are making threads about XL paralleling the emotional turmoil that happened on 9/11 by saying NEVER FORGET is just ridiculous.

The hell? What does 9/11 have to with this? The word "Never Forget" was used WAY before Sept. 11th. And due to that event and that tagline, many people have used it in less but understandable tragedies. I'm pretty sure if the Cowboys and Steelers had a rematch this season for SB 30 and those two in the 70s, it would feel like a "9/11" tragedy to both of those fanbases. Heck I don't want to know that ppl would be saying in their forums when that happens (which may be next season or later) Super Bowl 30 was very much Super Bowl 40 for the steelers fanbase. It didn't help when SB 45 denied them a 7th trophy due to the packers, which in a strange taste of fate, was a 10-6 team that defeated a 12-4 team. Payback for us is avenged by the packers. >:)