Ta Hell With the INT's -- Love Those Long Bombs

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":2aret9t8 said:
In the context of the situation- the game situation, the game itself, and the season- we should be ok with both of these passes. They were both poor decisions...but I'm ok with going through the exercise in the context of where the team is at right now.

Pretty much my take exactly.

If we were down? Then I'd be pissed at Russell for taking risks downfield in good field position. But we had the game in control, so I don't have a problem with Russell going for the knockout punch.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Heck Phil Sims loved the throw and he is usually pretty quick to criticize. He said Kerase let up on the route when the ball was already in the air.

byau

Reaction score
chet380":6mpcgj45 said:
Unfortunate consequence possible, but a huge upside if successful.

Okay I can see where I won't hate it. There are huge upsides

I don't want to see it on the first set of downs, but if it's more the 8th play on the drive with scrimmage closer to midfield, you got this:

1) explosive play if it works
2) maybe with savvy receivers they can also wrangle a PI
3) if you've hit one or two, can be used as a decoy, it might possibly open up the middle? Can you imagine PRICH going long on one side, TLOCK on the other both trying to race towards the endzone? that might split up the secondary a bit
4) if it's an INT, and you can get the defender before he runs back some, it's basically a punt and you've flipped the field (assuming again your scrimmage is closer to midfield - which also means your D has had time to rest a bit)

Yup okay I can see some upsides.

sutz

Reaction score
Interesting factoid of the season. We had positive turnover margin in most (all?) of our losses, and lost the turnover battle against the Niners.

:229031_shrug:

byau

Reaction score
Lest we forget

seaaa.0.gif