The annual Adopt A Rookie thread

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I really like Tedric Thompson. Obviously he won't have the chance to be an impact player like Shaq Griffin or Malik Mcdowell right off the bat, but I think he will be an excellent addition to this team.

Atradees

Reaction score
Malik is my adopt a probowl rookie. Only guy I got right in my day 2 mock. Think he'll play alot right away. Malik once said he be lived he should be chosen in the top 3 of the entire draft. So there is his chip. Go get em boy!

Rocket

Reaction score
Tedric, FS (Earl 2.slo), Colorado.
They say he's rangy and a ball-hawk.
They also say he ain't a tackler, but look what we did with Sherm.

Josea16

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2lle9z1d said:
I wanted to pick Pocic just to troll some people, and because he's the most technically polished lineman Cable has picked in, like, ever.

But I'm going with McDowell. Interior pass rush has been the defense's biggest and most under-acknowledged weakness for years, and if this guy has Calais Campbell upside, our defense will again feast on turnovers.
You and I have the same brain on this thought. I really like Pocic but it's flat known McDowell is top 5 if motivated...Frank Clark will make sure it's a total nonissue before Avril or Bennett need to. This defense with a tier 1 DT? It will be silly trust me.

AustrianHawk

Reaction score
Tedric Thompson. I don't care about combine numbers, I care about what I see and I really, really like his tape. And what's more, the stats back that up. Fantastic at reading offenses and reacting to it (don't call it instincts, I hate that). Most likely Terrell's replacement as FS backup, but how knows, maybe he can play nickel.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Delano Hill is my choice. It was going to be a Michigan boy and I am taking the monster tackler. I have a feeling he will be a ST ace..
HillWolverine zpsw0qzy0sjHillHawk zpskoyr1oxd

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Griffin.

Kid's gonna get a ton of playing time, and will be tested often. I'm excited to see him get thrown into the fire.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I'm going with Griffin. As an old comic book fan, this turn toward the new generation of the LoB has me thinking about the new generations of X-Men. Shaquill Griffin and The New Mutants.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State

I'm calling it now, McDowell is going to become an All-Pro.

BallHawk

Reaction score
I was going to go with McDowell since he was the player I was talking to my wife about that I really hoped we would draft. But after hearing Thompson on the phone with John and Pete when he was drafted that won me over and I'm really pulling for him. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the criers.

Omahawk

Reaction score
Tedrick Thompson. The man plays like Kam. He's going to hurt some people in the NFL. I just hope he doesn't cost us some targeting penalties. I love that we drafted LOB backups but I still worry about penalties. The league hates us. Thompson will make the roster and will make an immediate impact.

Omahawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1aog64m7 said:
Delano Hill is my choice. It was going to be a Michigan boy and I am taking the monster tackler. I have a feeling he will be a ST ace..
HillWolverine zpsw0qzy0sjHillHawk zpskoyr1oxd

That's some pretty awesome Photoshop skill. Was that your work?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Nope. I got it on my Michigan Football facebook feed. It is nice, whoever did it.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Shaquill Griffin.

Liked the kid for a while and even mocked him to Seattle in the 3rd round. I think he'll be a good one for Seattle for years to come.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
I took George Fant last year, and lo and behold, he not only made the final 53 roster, but became a starter.

So, I thought I'd try my hand again at the UDFAs. There are a few guys on that list that I like, but I'm really enamored with Algernon Brown of BYU. If he is able to make the conversion to FB, I think he is a lock for the final roster. I think this offseason has been all about refocusing on being a power running team. Eddie Lacy and Chris Carson will Bring the Pain, and Brown will hopefully channel Mack Strong and Michael Robinson to clear a path. He clearly can run with the ball in his hands, so I'm not worried about that....just haven't seen much of him as a lead blocker.

I'd actually like to see a jumbo package during the pre-season with Roos as an extra lineman, and Brown/Carson in there pounding the rock.