The Annual Adopt a Rookie Thread

SeaChat

Reaction score
Shaquem Griffin has been my pick since last year before he was officially a Seahawk. I recognized the phenom factor in his game, when I first watched him ballin in college, he’s the genuine article. I lost sight of the fact that he was playing with one hand, about 5 minutes in to his game footage.

Shaquem is gonna rock the NFL world in 2018. I am saving up every dollar I can, for CLINK tickets, for myself, my wife, and my 3 adult children. We all want to witness this miracle occur live and in person.

As a suggestion, Shaquem would probably feel a little more at home and welcome as a Seahawk, here at the .net, if folks didn't misspell his name. Now correct me if I’m wrong, but everywhere I read his name, they spelled it Shaquem, and not Shaqeem, like it is spelled in the list of rookies to choose from in this thread. It is an easy mistake to make, I was spelling it Shaqeam for awhile, until I was corrected on it as well.

I’m more excited about the Seahawks 2018 season, than I’ve been about any other season in over 40 years of being a 12. No matter how it plays out, it’s gonna be a season to remember, and some genuine miracles are about to unfold.

Go Seahawks!

FinNasty

Reaction score
JSeahawks":fgnxcl0e said:
You know the drill. You can take one and one only whos back you've got no matter what, through thick or thin:

Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State
Raheem Green, DE, USC
Will Dissly,l TE, Washington (aka the worst draft pick in Seahawks history)
Shaqeem Griffin, LB, UCF.
Tre Flowers, CB, Oklahoma State
Michael Dickson, P, Texas
Jamarco Jones, OT, Temple
Jake Martin, DE, Ohio State
Alex McGough, QB, Florida International

Man, tough call. I’m having trouble deciding...

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
inda2o6":22o2o8pv said:
Undrafted rookie fullback Khalid Hill. The Seahawks were missing that part of the game the last few seasons along with the read option dynamic. Hammering Panda is my pick until the cutdown. Then It’sr Shaq Griffin. Ken Norton Jr. will make teach him how to be a probowler.

+1. A Power Running team needs a good lead FB and short yardage guy.

mikeak

Reaction score
Does Grayson not count as a rookie since he didn’t play?

Well he is my dark horse

original poster

Reaction score
pacific101":23pbl2n8 said:
Shaquem Griffin has been my pick since last year before he was officially a Seahawk. I recognized the phenom factor in his game, when I first watched him ballin in college, he’s the genuine article. I lost sight of the fact that he was playing with one hand, about 5 minutes in to his game footage.

Shaquem is gonna rock the NFL world in 2018. I am saving up every dollar I can, for CLINK tickets, for myself, my wife, and my 3 adult children. We all want to witness this miracle occur live and in person.

As a suggestion, Shaquem would probably feel a little more at home and welcome as a Seahawk, here at the .net, if folks didn't misspell his name. Now correct me if I’m wrong, but everywhere I read his name, they spelled it Shaquem, and not Shaqeem, like it is spelled in the list of rookies to choose from in this thread. It is an easy mistake to make, I was spelling it Shaqeam for awhile, until I was corrected on it as well.

I’m more excited about the Seahawks 2018 season, than I’ve been about any other season in over 40 years of being a 12. No matter how it plays out, it’s gonna be a season to remember, and some genuine miracles are about to unfold.

Go Seahawks!

I have a real annoyance of people spelling players names wrong.

Cam Chancellor :34853_doh:
John Ryan :34853_doh:
Tyler Lockette :34853_doh:
Ethan Posic :34853_doh:
C.J. Procise :34853_doh:
Shaquille Griffin :34853_doh:

original poster

Reaction score
pacific101":3iwlfg68 said:

Go Seahawks!

kf3339

Reaction score
This is a tough year to pick a rookie to adopt. A case can be made for everyone of them. I decided on Dickson because field position is so important in a football game, and this guy can literally change a game. When is the last time this has really been the case for a punter?

Perhaps Ray Guy?

I mean the guy was named an MVP of a bowl game. When does that happen for a punter?

That's my pick but really like this draft class potential.

If we have the choice to pick a UDFA rookie it would be Ford. He is like a slab of granite in the middle of the D-Line. He will make the team.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well the reason I became a Boise State fan (as much as a Husky fan is allowed to be?) was the one-handed cornerback they had.

I love seeing people triumph over adversity and prove to the world they can do anything.

And so, I would have picked Shaquem as my rookie no matter what team he was on.

So obviously, I have to pick him if he is on my team.

chris98251

Reaction score
original poster":2nhk7bw4 said:
pacific101":2nhk7bw4 said:

Go Seahawks!

Would not have this problem if the just named them Joe and Jose Griffin. Blame the parents :)

Boom84

Reaction score
Alex McGough. He's making the active roster this year and likely to surprise beyond that.

920x920

Boom84

Reaction score
IndyHawk":cw0ya1kp said:
Never done one of these till now but our in house Duck added some fuel for me to do it.

Will Dissly,l TE, Washington (aka the worst draft pick in Seahawks history)

I like Uncle Will too! He's not only going to offer more than expected in the passing game, but will become a key leader over time in the locker room as the culture of the Seahawks begins to change. I also like the sound of Mr. McGough to Uncle Will for the TOUCHDOWN!

Zeearend

Reaction score
Michael Dickson for me. Can't wait to see him plaster the opposition against their endzone, only for Green, Griffin (2x) and other Defensive Greats take advantage.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Tre Flowers. I believe he has the potential to be a starting CB for us with time and experience.

[youtube]EBsXwCsNs7E[/youtube]

Favorite Parts:
@ 1:07
@ 1:53

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Rasheem green 620 620x370No pressure on this young man, this year. But he'll get to show off in spots, and continue to grow. I think he's going to be a S.T.U.D.