The Annual Adopt a Rookie Thread

King Dog

Reaction score
original poster":1xtfns64 said:
pacific101":1xtfns64 said:
Shaquem Griffin has been my pick since last year before he was officially a Seahawk. I recognized the phenom factor in his game, when I first watched him ballin in college, he’s the genuine article. I lost sight of the fact that he was playing with one hand, about 5 minutes in to his game footage.

Shaquem is gonna rock the NFL world in 2018. I am saving up every dollar I can, for CLINK tickets, for myself, my wife, and my 3 adult children. We all want to witness this miracle occur live and in person.

As a suggestion, Shaquem would probably feel a little more at home and welcome as a Seahawk, here at the .net, if folks didn't misspell his name. Now correct me if I’m wrong, but everywhere I read his name, they spelled it Shaquem, and not Shaqeem, like it is spelled in the list of rookies to choose from in this thread. It is an easy mistake to make, I was spelling it Shaqeam for awhile, until I was corrected on it as well.

I’m more excited about the Seahawks 2018 season, than I’ve been about any other season in over 40 years of being a 12. No matter how it plays out, it’s gonna be a season to remember, and some genuine miracles are about to unfold.

Go Seahawks!

I have a real annoyance of people spelling players names wrong.

Cam Chancellor :34853_doh:
John Ryan :34853_doh:
Tyler Lockette :34853_doh:
Ethan Posic :34853_doh:
C.J. Procise :34853_doh:
Shaquille Griffin :34853_doh:

Christine Michaels used to annoy me.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Lots of sentimental possibilities this year, but I always go with the guy with a Montana Connection (like Brock Coyle)

So this year I am adopting Bozeman native Will Dissly

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":ci4hzmev said:
MontanaHawk05":ci4hzmev said:
Who WASN'T going to be a reach with our second-round pick in Houston?

Well, I've heard--on this very board!--the names of several high-ranking offensive linemen that could have come in and single-handedly brought order to our mess of an 0-line, guys "still on the board" that we passed up and when we could have taken Penny in the 3rd round (or something nonsensical like that).

My adopt-a-rookie is Flowers. I hope he takes his place as Sherm's replacement (even 3/4 of Sherm will be a plus).
I was dancin' when they announced that Tre Flowers was our pick, so...scoot over Ad, I on the Tre Flowers bandwagon witch ya.
3/4 of Sherm??, Sherm had been playing with owies for the last couple years, and it showed.
I think that if Flowers is given half a chance, and he & Thomas can get some meld time, he's going to shock the shit out of everybody.
My #2 guy was Rashaad Penny, but I KNEW he wasn't going to last thru the 2nd round.....#3 was Dissly, #4 was Griffin, so...I was ecstatic with this draft, right from the get-go.

All the other picks were just icing in the cake...IMHO, this was a home run Draft by Pete & John.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I was going to say Rashaad Penny, but think he will do great anyways, this year I'm going with Michael Dickson.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":mmu0rws6 said:
Ad Hawk":mmu0rws6 said:
MontanaHawk05":mmu0rws6 said:
Who WASN'T going to be a reach with our second-round pick in Houston?

Well, I've heard--on this very board!--the names of several high-ranking offensive linemen that could have come in and single-handedly brought order to our mess of an 0-line, guys "still on the board" that we passed up and when we could have taken Penny in the 3rd round (or something nonsensical like that).

My adopt-a-rookie is Flowers. I hope he takes his place as Sherm's replacement (even 3/4 of Sherm will be a plus).
I was dancin' when they announced that Tre Flowers was our pick, so...scoot over Ad, I on the Tre Flowers bandwagon witch ya.
3/4 of Sherm??, Sherm had been playing with owies for the last couple years, and it showed.
I think that if Flowers is given half a chance, and he & Thomas can get some meld time, he's going to shock the shit out of everybody.
My #2 guy was Rashaad Penny, but I KNEW he wasn't going to last thru the 2nd round.....#3 was Dissly, #4 was Griffin, so...I was ecstatic with this draft, right from the get-go.

All the other picks were just icing in the cake...IMHO, this was a home run Draft by Pete & John.

The Flowers wagon seems to have plenty of room, scutter.

You must have loved to hear each pick, then; almost as if they had consulted you before announcing the next draftee.