THE annual Adopt-A-Rookie thread

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":21d9805z said:
I don't always have a choice. I like 'em all and this year is no exception. Both the drafted and UDFA players represent quality beyond my expectations. I'm going with the most intriguing player of the bunch in my estimation. I sure hope the Seahawks look at every possible place he could help the team before even thinking of releasing him. He's the picture of resilience and passion for the game. The last time I screamed "YES!" after the Seahawks drafted or signed a player was Russell Wilson. When I saw this guy had signed, there was no holding back. I don't think he's Russell Wilson, but I do have extremely high hopes for him.

Tanner McEvoy
News out of rookie camp:

One other interesting UDFA in camp is Wisconsin’s Tanner McEvoy, a versatile 6-foot-6, 230-pound athlete who played receiver, safety and quarterback in college, and for now at least, is lining up at safety.
Carroll called McEvoy a “really unique player,” and that the Seahawks will “start him on the defense side and just see what happens from there.”
How about Corner opposite Sherman? :pray: I know he's played Safety. But, maybe with his speed and receiver experience, they convert him to monster corner. (One can dream. Lol)
http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/05/06 ... e-minicamp

I'm not going to name another adopt a player/rookie, but I will say I think this guy has a chance. When they signed him to the Practice Squad (I believe?) I immediately thought they got another Golden Tate type player.
Lawler wasn’t the only receiver making nice plays on Saturday. Antwan Goodley, who spent part of last season on Seattle’s practice squad and signed a future contract this offseason, had a couple of nice grabs on deep balls
http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/05/07 ... e-minicamp

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3glmxjo5 said:
HawKnPeppa":3glmxjo5 said:
OK, time to bend the rules, by choosing more than one rook, because I like so many from this draft and UDFA! Close second to Ifedi is Vannett because he will, for all intents and purposes, be our extra O-lineman on the field until this newly-formed group starts to get their 'ish' together. Bringing up the third spot for me is UDFA Bryant. He is sooo explosive as a D lineman, and the thought of him destroying LBers as a FB has my mouth watering!!

Sent from my SC-04F using Tapatalk
Foul! I call foul, it's not fair to pick multiple choices. You get ONE sir, ONE .

Can't help it! So many worthy choices put me in a fatherly mood...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MagnificentSeven":3t9fppr7 said:
I haven't been this excited about a Draft Class...like...ever. But the one I really hope makes the team, or at least the practice squad, is George Fant, TE from Western Kentucky. 6'5", 296 lbs., 37" Vertical, 4.83 40....sounds to me like another hyper-athletic (former basketball player), Gilliam-like, conversion project. :0190l:

http://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/w...deo_550e0118-f5dd-11e5-b006-534fe4e3fbc7.html

I know. Every time I see Darin Fells (similar, basketball-only background) make a play for the Tards, I think about what could have been if we managed to keep him. He will only get better.

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
I really like Collins. The dude is a beast (not trying to compare to BM)...

bigskydoc

Reaction score
bigskydoc":w0mcvxw8 said:
Can I reserve the right to change if my AAR never gets signed?

I probably should go with Idaho LB Chris Edwards given my penchant for adopting linebackers from my area, but I am going with Vernon Adams, QB from Eastern Washington University (Oregon :141847_bnono: ).

Well, I guess that is pretty much the shortest lived AAR ever.

-bsd

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Im going with Germain Ifedi. We need that OL to become a solid unit. He seemed like a polarizing 1st round pick, but I think he'll turn out great.

rideaducati

Reaction score
My adopt a rookie usually gets cut, so I'm gonna try something else. I'm gonna adopt a vet (hoping he isn't ever on the team again)...Tarvaris "Jump Pass" Jackson.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I didn't scout much, but RB in the draft along with some DTs (Reed wasn't one of them - presumed to be gone.)

I had a board of complete RBs in the draft and included 3 players.

1) Dixon
2) Elliot
3) Prosise

I thought all the rest were a tier below and would have a lot of learning to do before they could really contribute as a rook or I thought were overrated or limited ceiling or whatever.

That said I gotta go with Prosise. I expect Rawls won't be 100% and Prosise likely won't get too many carries over Michael on 1st and 2nd, but he can be a real weapon for us even early this year.

McGruff

Reaction score
I am changing mine from jefferson. I love Jefferson, and think he's going to make an immediate impact, but I'm getting tired of this crap.

I'm going with this guy . . .

Rees-Odhiambo-610x348.jpg

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
MagnificentSeven":1v918g3h said:
I haven't been this excited about a Draft Class...like...ever. But the one I really hope makes the team, or at least the practice squad, is George Fant, TE from Western Kentucky. 6'5", 296 lbs., 37" Vertical, 4.83 40....sounds to me like another hyper-athletic (former basketball player), Gilliam-like, conversion project. :0190l:

http://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/w...deo_550e0118-f5dd-11e5-b006-534fe4e3fbc7.html

Well, I didn't really "call it", but he made the final 53 and looked solid in every game I watched him play in pre-season. No way he was going to clear waivers. I wouldn't be shocked to see him starting at some point this year, his athletisicm is freaky, and after he actually learns the position, I expect him to transition from adequate back-up to capable starter.

jimbojones31

Reaction score
For me it's Quinton Jefferson. He just looks like he belongs in the league. I was very "meh" about him on draft day but during pre-season he just kept showing up. He could be such a useful guy - 5T, nickel pass-rusher, base DT. Got a good feeling about him!

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
A few of us went with McEvoy back in early May. Several good choices with is this crop, but McEvoy has such big play potential. Hope the glimpses we've seen are just signs of greater things to come. Went undrafted probably because he didn't have a definite position. Fell right into Pete and John's plan all along, I would think. Players like this contribute to their genius.

Mick063

Reaction score
Honestly.

There isn't nearly enough love here for Quinton Jefferson.

From my vantage, Jefferson was easily the most impressive rookie in preseason. Although the rookie right guard was pretty damn good, Jefferson stood out.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
I don't reckon I've done one of these before
Pre cuts my rookie was lawler.... Now I'm going with ifedi