THE annual Adopt-A-Rookie thread

McGruff

Reaction score
Tical21":38o49tzl said:
I'll go with the center. He's got an outside shot to start and quickly become the leader of the group.

Great choice on offense. Hunt IMO has a great chance to have a Tobeck like career. Solid, consistent leader. He's probably my favorite to earn the elusive 2nd contract.

setha880

Reaction score
I'll take the underdog in Brooks and for UDFA I'll take Montese Overton OLB from ECU since we went to high school together.

hardtack

Reaction score
I'm going with 'Kenny Clutch' Lawler. A bigger possession receiver that can catch a contested ball, a fast ball, or a wet ball is just what we needed.

two dog

Reaction score
Should be Collins. (once an arky, always an arky, I was born in the land of opportunity).

I want it to be Jefferson because he's a Pittsburgh guy who has seen the light.
But mainly because his little girl (5 years old, I believe) who waited for her
que then yelled "go Seahawks" in his shoutout to the 12's recording.
The dog that wandered through the set didn't hurt either.

But it's got to be Joey Hunt. I did everything except sacrifice a chicken to get a center
drafted by the 'Hawks. Well, I got my wish so now I've gotta throw in with him.
He is described as "undersized" but everything I have seen from player videos
to interviews shouts full grown man.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I don't always have a choice. I like 'em all and this year is no exception. Both the drafted and UDFA players represent quality beyond my expectations. I'm going with the most intriguing player of the bunch in my estimation. I sure hope the Seahawks look at every possible place he could help the team before even thinking of releasing him. He's the picture of resilience and passion for the game. The last time I screamed "YES!" after the Seahawks drafted or signed a player was Russell Wilson. When I saw this guy had signed, there was no holding back. I don't think he's Russell Wilson, but I do have extremely high hopes for him.

Tanner McEvoy

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawknation2016":1fo977jw said:
I'll go with Ifedi. A lot of hope rests on him.
My thoughts as well. If he and Glowinski win those spots and play well, that would fix a major problem.

Sent from my SC-04F using Tapatalk

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
OK, time to bend the rules, by choosing more than one rook, because I like so many from this draft and UDFA! Close second to Ifedi is Vannett because he will, for all intents and purposes, be our extra O-lineman on the field until this newly-formed group starts to get their 'ish' together. Bringing up the third spot for me is UDFA Bryant. He is sooo explosive as a D lineman, and the thought of him destroying LBers as a FB has my mouth watering!!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2r0rujwx said:
OK, time to bend the rules, by choosing more than one rook, because I like so many from this draft and UDFA! Close second to Ifedi is Vannett because he will, for all intents and purposes, be our extra O-lineman on the field until this newly-formed group starts to get their 'ish' together. Bringing up the third spot for me is UDFA Bryant. He is sooo explosive as a D lineman, and the thought of him destroying LBers as a FB has my mouth watering!!

Foul! I call foul, it's not fair to pick multiple choices. You get ONE sir, ONE .

MTHawk1

Reaction score
To many quality choices this year! Love Hunt as our new center, he's my choice. Vannett, I will be keeping a close eye on you as well, from afar, in a non creepy kind of way.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I'm an Ole' Kentucky boy, so I'll go with George Fant.
I'm dreaming of the next Antonio Gates. Worst case I think he becomes a stellar blocking TE. Combine that with Vanette in 2TE sets ... wow

j hawk

Reaction score
Rooting for Jefferson because my first name is Jeff ( a lot of heavy thinking in that one).

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Can I reserve the right to change if my AAR never gets signed?

I probably should go with Idaho LB Chris Edwards given my penchant for adopting linebackers from my area, but I am going with Vernon Adams, QB from Eastern Washington University (Oregon :141847_bnono: ).

Always nice to look back and see how your previous AARs are doing, so here was my post from last year.

bigskydoc":8b4ixfej said:
Alex Singleton, LB, Montana State University. Why not another Linebacker from the Big Sky State? (Brock Coyle was my adopt-a-rookie last year)

Second place would be Nate Boyer. Much respect.

Third O-BOOM Guacamole, just because of the name.

Willyeye

Reaction score
I want to adopt Center Joey Hunt. Unlike most 12's, I don't believe that Lewis was the major factor in the changes after they benched Nowak. I think that Nowak did just as well as Lewis (they were both not very good). I think that Lewis just had an easier schedule and Wilson got rid of the ball a lot quicker. Lewis still looked bad against the Rams, Vikings and Panthers. So I feel that the player that could have the biggest impact on the 2016 season would be the Center. If Hunt can improve the position, Russell can have his best season yet. So I want Hunt to be the best Center that Russ has ever played with. GO HUNT!!!

ACFan

Reaction score
All good players but Alex Collins is gonna be special.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Willyeye":1pgxeswr said:
I want to adopt Center Joey Hunt. Unlike most 12's, I don't believe that Lewis was the major factor in the changes after they benched Nowak. I think that Nowak did just as well as Lewis (they were both not very good). I think that Lewis just had an easier schedule and Wilson got rid of the ball a lot quicker. Lewis still looked bad against the Rams, Vikings and Panthers. So I feel that the player that could have the biggest impact on the 2016 season would be the Center. If Hunt can improve the position, Russell can have his best season yet. So I want Hunt to be the best Center that Russ has ever played with. GO HUNT!!!

Agreed with everything you said. Him and Vanett could be huge for this offense if they pan out. I can't choose between those two. Neither will have any kind of stats to back up their success but both (if successful) will hugely benefit the entire offense.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I'll go with Collins just because he's secure enough to not only take Irish dance but also try to get other guys to try it. That's a guy who's comfortable in his own skin.

UFDA, I have to support my Trojan. Fight on, Tre!