The annual is Kearse worth it thread

crosfam

Reaction score
I'd keep him if possible, but not for crazy dollars. He will not want a one year deal. Maybe we can afford something like what Baldwin got two years back. But he seems just the type somebody will overpay for. Unlike others, I think we can really take off with a healthy Graham, plus Lockett, Baldwin. Kearse would be a solid addition. But most likely that will be a new vet, draft pick, Smith, or Williams in the three spot.

For team chemistry sake, I think we need to extend Baldwin, Kam, and Bennett with post Lynch money.

Cad

Reaction score
Kearse might not need crazy dollars. For one, he's as local as you can get. Played high school, college, and pro here. That might get you a small discount.

timmat

Reaction score
With the emergence of Locket, and Baldwin taking it to the next level, Kearse makes even more sense to keep actually. He just fits in what Russ does. Unless he asks for an unreasonable amount of money, he really needs to be back. He steps up and makes big catches.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It's worth pointing out that Kearse is only 25.

CdaHawk

Reaction score
I think they'd be insane to let Kearse go. We saw over the second half of the season that Russell could find these guys when they went mostly passing, and like some others have said, Wilson trusts Kearse, who has made some clutch catches...Kearse btw has the franchise record for post season touchdowns. The rest of the NFL likes to talk about how Seattle doesn't have an "elite" receiver, but honestly I feel Seattle is pretty set with Baldwin, Kearse, Tyler Lockett as the big 3 because they all work so well together as a group....and, if he can get over the serious injury bug, Paul Richardson has that potential too. Wilson was just starting to really click with Jeremy Graham when Graham got hurt. A healthy Graham getting on the same page with Wilson along with Luke Willson as a solid 1-2 TE combo makes me feel like we're set for primary passing targets...

If a healthy Thomas Rawls is as good at catching passes out of the backfield as Lynch was, I feel we won't miss Lynch too much if he is indeed done.

The team needs to put together an offensive line in the draft to protect Wilson.

But yeah, keep Kearse!

The Outfield

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1rfe3nxr said:
Hasselbeck":1rfe3nxr said:
Have to keep him with Richardson being injury prone.. outside of Kearse you have 2 WR's

We've already seen going for splashy names to add to the offense doesn't work, so keep Kearse around
Richardson is totally expendable. Lockett is the real deal.

Disagree. I think PRich has a lot of potential. Look at his latter half of the 2014 season.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I don't care how good of a receiver is if he is injury prone. He can't catch anything from the bench or his couch. Kearse and baldwin have shown toughness. Lockett has as well so far, and the kid is smart with a great attitude. I don't think Jimmy will be back for long. His injury is a game changing one. He gets traded at some point during next season or before. I don't dislike jimmy at all, and hope to sweet baby jesus I am wrong and he comes back and balls out, but I doubt it will happen. We have a couple other WR's being developed as well right now that might turn out great as well. Our receiving core is great as it sits and needs to be preserved. I like PRich, but he has not produced due to injury. Give him one more go, and if he gets injured again, have to move on. It is a waste of resources that can be used to field players. Rawls and Cmike can take Lynch's place. I'm not saying they are as good as lynch has been, but they will fit our new found passing game great. I would like to see them pick up another RB to be developing as well. Cmike has shown a lot of growth, but success might send him back into his old ways. Not enough of a sample size quite yet to be sure either way.

Kam was my favorite player last year, but was extremely selfish and held the team hostage. We move on from him and the mccray era begins. He was only $4000 from being the top paid strong safety in the NFL, and that wasn't good enough for him. Selfishness is a locker room virus and needs to be cut out. He earned being a top paid SS, we paid him top SS money, and he screwed us.

Kearse wins in all categories. Hard worker, tough, dependable, intelligent, clutch playmaker when called upon. Hopefully we can get a deal done to keep him.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I'd look to extend Baldwin and Bennett they earned it. Richardson seems to fragile and can't be counted on. Remember he had Q severe injury in college as well.

Kearse keep as #3 or #4.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":j5wmbplk said:
Have to keep him with Richardson being injury prone.. outside of Kearse you have 2 WR's

We've already seen going for splashy names to add to the offense doesn't work, so keep Kearse around
Any reference to Richardson is comical. Comparison to Kearse is offensive. Richardson has done ZERO and at best should be Battling Smith and Williams for a job

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Once we started using Kearse as our 3rd and 4th option he has been great. I have a feeling him being local he will take a smaller amount to stay with the team. His post game interview you can see that this game was emotional. I want him to come back next year and be even better.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
You can always find somebody who is faster, taller, runs a better route whatever but you can't fake rapport. Russ and Kearse have it, as long as the salary demands aren't back breaking I think you have to give your qb the tools he needs to succeed.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
smerfy01":1vcmursq said:
drop lynch, give Bennett a 4m bonus as well as signing Kearse to a 3 year $12 million deal.

Also adjust Baldwin's contract by $1-2 million per. The guy outplayed his contract hard and deserves to be rewarded.

So that leaves a decent amount leftover in the cap to look at strengthening o-line while making the people that deserve the money, happy.
Add Kam to the list as either a cut or trade. His holdout was uncalled for, and hurt the team to the point where his own teammates were calling him out. Someone posted in another thread that what should really happen is for Bennett to get extended because he didn't holdout despite considering it, and ended up playing the best football of his career. Then throwing Kam under the bus for holding out and playing well below what he's capable of. Cut him. He's a chump. Not sure how I feel about Marshawn though. If Bennett does get a bonus, does that mean Cliff will come calling?

I'm not sure if Kearse should be getting more than Doug. Doug signed a $10/3. I can't imagine Jermaine making more. I do agree though, he should stay. I've never been as down on him as others have. I love what he said after the Packers game last year to Erin Andrews when he shouted "Hey, I didn't make all my plays today, but when they counted, I made em!" Year after year, he always comes through on the big stage. That's hard to find.

kf3339

Reaction score
I just don't see Kearse leaving as well. We will re-sign him to a mutually friendly deal.

mrt144

Reaction score
Also, Kearse can run block. That's kind of a big thing.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Hope Kearse is retained, solid 3rd / 4th WR for the Hawks and has shown time and again the big moments don't phase him.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I was against signing Kearse but he was much better this year. I wonder how he fits with Graham back next year tho. They are probably targeted in similar situations.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
timmat":2ng9bujp said:
With the emergence of Locket, and Baldwin taking it to the next level, Kearse makes even more sense to keep actually. He just fits in what Russ does. Unless he asks for an unreasonable amount of money, he really needs to be back. He steps up and makes big catches.

Two T's No E, bro!