The annual is Kearse worth it thread

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Depends what IT is. If we can get him for up to $3m a year then yeah, he's worth it. Would be different if P-Rich could stay healthy, but he can't. Not sure you're going to be able to replace 700 yards 5TDs in this draft when we have bigger priorities with our early picks.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Wenhawk":d53wmzy1 said:
We can't pay Kearse more than Baldwin. Either have to give Doug a raise too or let him walk. I'd like to see Bennett get a raise a well.

Kearse is a great #4 WR and should get close to $4M per, he will take less to stick around but will want most of it guaranteed.

Would still like to see Richardson come back to add speed opposite of Lockett.

You sure like to spend other people's money. I can't find another team spending $4 million per year on their 3rd receiver, let alone their fourth. Bennett has been a free agent TWICE in the past four years and NOBODY offered him more money than he got from the Seahawks...TWICE. If the Seahawks appreciate everyone that plays well by giving them more money than they agreed to play for, EVERY player would be lined up at Schneider's door. They can't just give extra money to one or two players without other players thinking they deserve more money too.

How would you feel if you were Avril and the Seahawks gave Bennett a raise? They signed basically the same contracts.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":3ql0jag6 said:
Wenhawk":3ql0jag6 said:
We can't pay Kearse more than Baldwin. Either have to give Doug a raise too or let him walk. I'd like to see Bennett get a raise a well.

Kearse is a great #4 WR and should get close to $4M per, he will take less to stick around but will want most of it guaranteed.

Would still like to see Richardson come back to add speed opposite of Lockett.

You sure like to spend other people's money. I can't find another team spending $4 million per year on their 3rd receiver, let alone their fourth. Bennett has been a free agent TWICE in the past four years and NOBODY offered him more money than he got from the Seahawks...TWICE. If the Seahawks appreciate everyone that plays well by giving them more money than they agreed to play for, EVERY player would be lined up at Schneider's door. They can't just give extra money to one or two players without other players thinking they deserve more money too.

How would you feel if you were Avril and the Seahawks gave Bennett a raise? They signed basically the same contracts.

Kearse is our 3rd WR, I believe he is a good 3rd WR to have but he would be a great 4th WR. I'd still like to see Richardson get on the field. His health is a big if, but Richardson has got some talent. With a healthy P-Rich and getting Kearse back I really like our 4 WR sets and splitting out Graham or Willson for 5 wide sets Wilson should continue to have success.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I didn't like the Kearse signing a ton but I agree here. A healthy PRich makes our 4 wr sets a very good group. Good post.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jake206":2iqz9adv said:
He's a really good 3rd WR. Shows up in clutch situations. Going to be tough replacing someone like him.
# 3 my butt, just look at his numbers, and consider the tapestry that he, Baldwin & Wilson have woven.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
austinslater25":11x8kfap said:
I didn't like the Kearse signing a ton but I agree here. A healthy PRich makes our 4 wr sets a very good group. Good post.

You're coming around Austin.. I'm proud ;)

Ozzy

Reaction score
It's friday, so I'm in a good mood. I'll probably bitch about it again on Sunday afternoon with work looking lol.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Danny Darko":3o7tpkir said:
Rob12":3o7tpkir said:
Another thing - Kearse is durable.

Honestly asking, here - has dude ever missed a game as a Hawk due to injury?

JinxedBomber

No, the games he has missed are because he wasn't good enough to see the field. There have been quite a few games where it SEEMED like Kearse missed, but he was out there doing absolutely nothing.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I can't quite call Richardson injury prone yet. He tore his knee up, then had a hamstring injury when he came back. I know from personal experience that injuries can happen from favoring another injury. Richardson has a high ceiling, and I have a wait and see attitude with him. If he gets injured this season, I will have to agree on the injury prone label. But it also could turn out to be one of those fluke things. It also seems to me that pc and js shut him down after the hamstring, he may have been able to come back, but I don't know. But I am extremely happy they brought chop chop back. He very well could be one of the best wr3 in the league.