The green stone..

HawkWow

Reaction score
If I owned one, I'd send it back to Tiffany, ask for an Emerald. I'm all about the Tanzania thing, but more about the Emerald city... home of the 2014 Super Bowl Champions. Plus, no word other than Tsunami, should start with the letters Ts. It's just not right.

kearly

Reaction score
Tempest Crow, cool factoid.

I don't think Salish was trying to be a jerk, I just think he was one of a small handful of people that hadn't seen the ring yet or didn't put 2+2 together.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I've seen the ring. I didn't memorize every aspect of it and remember that there was a green stone in the seahawks eye. So no, "green stone" didn't mean a thing to me.

I think it's cool that it's mined next to Tanzania. Should have used an emerald though.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
An emerald-colored stone with the power of Tanzania? Sounds like a 'win-win' to me! [TONGUE]

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
grizbob":3saxwgnz said:
SalishHawkFan":3saxwgnz said:
Tempest_Crow":3saxwgnz said:
Wow how quickly we forget. In the past when PCJS first arrived, as mentioned there were adds in one end for Tanzania. Now to some who attended games this end zone brought some sort of good ji-ju to the team. It was talked about at some length on the boards at one time. And I was curious about the green stone as the eye in the ring so looked it up. Saw that tidbit of info and thought that some may of found it interesting. As it was apart of their experience with our team.

Sorry for disappointing you. Now I realize why I don't post much after being on the site for 10+ years. Thanks for the reminder.
Wow. overreact much? First off, you didn't "disappoint me", you left me blank. Green stone? What green stone? Like I'm supposed to be frakking telepathic and know you're talking about the green eye of the Seahawk in the Super Bowl ring.

Sorry if I disappointed you that I'm not telepathic or Sherlock Holmes for that matter. All I asked for was clarification, like perhaps this:
A relative newcomer to gem world, tsavorite was first discovered in 1967 by renowned Scottish geologist and gem expert, Campbell Bridges, while he worked as a consultant for Tiffany & Co. at the original tanzanite source in Tanzania.

Ahhhh! Light goes on in head! The green stone in the Super Bowl ring is made from a gem found in Tanzania! Super cool! I totally get the Tanzania part and know all about the corner of the end zone where the sacred sign is displayed. What I didn't get was what green stone you were talking about and how it was linked to Tanzania.

A little explanation goes a long ways.

This post feels like somebody is being intentionally dense just to be argumentative. Hell, even I knew what the post is about just from the title. :141847_bnono:
Umm.. I agree.. my teens do same thing sometimes lol

BlueTalon

Reaction score
For the record, I don't think Salish was the least bit unreasonable with his first couple of posts, and I agree that the OP overreacted to those first couple of posts. The OP was very sketchy, and didn't include enough details for it to make any sense to me either -- and I even figured it was about the eye on the ring.

But it was an interesting fact he alluded to.

camdawg

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1d5h22se said:
For the record, I don't think Salish was the least bit unreasonable with his first couple of posts, and I agree that the OP overreacted to those first couple of posts. The OP was very sketchy, and didn't include enough details for it to make any sense to me either -- and I even figured it was about the eye on the ring.

But it was an interesting fact he alluded to.

Bingo.

The green stone was pretty obvious. The idea that we would pick THAT green stone, just because the Tanzania Board of Tourism put an ad in our stadium seemed a bit out there. Until this was brought up, I assumed Tiffany had used emeralds.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":16ll1qa5 said:
I've seen the ring. I didn't memorize every aspect of it and remember that there was a green stone in the seahawks eye. So no, "green stone" didn't mean a thing to me.

I think it's cool that it's mined next to Tanzania. Should have used an emerald though.
I would guess that the Emerald isn't close to the electric green color and wasn't used for that reason.

I have no opinion on the ring other than I am glad it was tasteful, or as tasteful as these things get.

Latest posts