The interception

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Nowadays, when Russ scrambles like that, I expect a big play. I expect something huge to break open and burn the defense for a huge play. Because it often (usually?) does. This time it didn't because they weren't on the same page, probably because of a lack of experience playing together. So yeah, I'd definitely chalk it up to Procise's experience with Russ. They'll learn from this and it won't happen again.

dogorama

Reaction score
Laloosh":1c3qtif7 said:

Look how far Abdul-Quddus came for that ball, it really hung up there for a while. People are talking about Prosise not being on the same page but I just can't see that play working regardless.

BTW, Abdul-Quddus played a great game, he looked like ET out there and was named PFF all-defense team of the week along w/Shead. That LB also had great coverage on Luke.

Safety: Isa Abdul-Quddus, Miami Dolphins, 86.1

Abdul Quddus had good grades in both the run game and coverage versus Seattle, notching an interception as well as two defensive stops. He also broke up a pass intended for Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin in the third quarter.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-pf ... fl-week-1/

LymonHawk

Reaction score
dogorama":3f9cyidb said:
Look how far Abdul-Quddus came for that ball, it really hung up there for a while. People are talking about Prosise not being on the same page but I just can't see that play working regardless.

BTW, Abdul-Quddus played a great game, he looked like ET out there and was named PFF all-defense team of the week along w/Shead. That LB also had great coverage on Luke.

I'm with ya on this one, Dogo. RW threw it up for grabs.

Fade

Reaction score
The ball shouldn't have been thrown. Wilson already won the play by not getting sacked by an untouched Williams. Too much traffic to fit that ball in. If he had Jimmy Graham out there on the play where he could throw it up, and have the big tall receiver pull it down, then okay. Wilson could've scrambled for a nice gain instead. I don't think he makes the 1st down, but who knows, once he gets into the open field, one bad pursuit angle by the D, and he moves the chains.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Laloosh":2j3493gf said:
I can post a gif of it later tonight. I've procrastinated on going through the game play by play. The all 22 thread didn't get much traction so I was contemplating not doing it. I'll post this one at the very least tonight so we all have some context (if everybody is okay with gifs).

Wait, what All-22 thread? If there was a thread asking if folks were interested in people with all-22 posting gifs and I missed out on responding, consider this a response of HELL YES!

Tical21

Reaction score
Fade":lasd2zf1 said:
The ball shouldn't have been thrown. Wilson already won the play by not getting sacked by an untouched Williams. Too much traffic to fit that ball in. If he had Jimmy Graham out there on the play where he could throw it up, and have the big tall receiver pull it down, then okay. Wilson could've scrambled for a nice gain instead. I don't think he makes the 1st down, but who knows, once he gets into the open field, one bad pursuit angle by the D, and he moves the chains.
Exactly. Regardless of whether or not Procise keeps going, that ball got thrown up in the middle of a bunch of defenders, to a rookie RB. That was probably a pick either way unless Procise finds a way to break it up. When he notices the deep defender and knows he cannot get past him, he did the right thing to find space to come back to. That was just a heave and prayer for Russell, one that he probably only makes in the very early stages of the season before he remembers that you don't do that.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Is it possible that he was targeting Luke? Agree that it shouldn't have been thrown.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Looks much different now.

lukerguy

Reaction score
That play was bound to be an INT whether CJ kept running or not. If anything he gave the play more of a shot because there were 3 guys in a fairly small area.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
HawkGA":rmxml9y4 said:
Laloosh":rmxml9y4 said:
I can post a gif of it later tonight. I've procrastinated on going through the game play by play. The all 22 thread didn't get much traction so I was contemplating not doing it. I'll post this one at the very least tonight so we all have some context (if everybody is okay with gifs).

Wait, what All-22 thread? If there was a thread asking if folks were interested in people with all-22 posting gifs and I missed out on responding, consider this a response of HELL YES!
+10

On the interception Luke #82 may have had a shot at either a catch or a breakup but he ran into a DB on the way to the ball. Could almost have been called DPI.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The crazy thing is that Prosise did make a good move. He was open after he made his cut. If Russ had held the ball for another 2 seconds, Procise would have been wide open in the middle of the field. I certainly understand why both of those guys did what they did after seeing this again.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3l3pllcc said:
A QB beginning his 5th year should most definitely know better than to make that throw.

No QB is perfect, I've seen other veteran QBs make mistakes as well.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3takzjhw said:
hawksfansinceday1":3takzjhw said:
A QB beginning his 5th year should most definitely know better than to make that throw.

EGO took over.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1gz7vc2q said:
theincrediblesok":1gz7vc2q said:
hawksfansinceday1":1gz7vc2q said:

EGO took over.

This I can agree with every QB have some type of EGO they are the face of their franchise they want to be the winner and make the plays.

Latest posts